• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Surge |OT| Live Die Repeat

RedAssedApe

Banned
untitledejxp6.png

Hmm...as a game or for the technical part? I think he posted before in another thread that it might be the best Pro implementation he's seen so far. Hopefully both.

I can just feel like maybe 2-3 regular posters in The Surge threads are waiting to pounce if this doesn't review well.

Now, it won't fucking happen, because it WILL review well, but the imminent pounce is real.

it can get 49 good to ok reviews and 1 bad and they'll just say "well this 1 place said it's bad so it's bad"

Nioh proved to me that Souls has created a viable subgenre, now I'm hoping The Surge will be another positive addition. Please be good, please be good...

HeelPower

Pre-ordered on PSN.

Lords of the fallen actually had better and more interconnected level design than games like Dark Souls 2 :pI might be in the minority ,but I fully trust this developer. Lords of the fallen was a fully enjoyable experience and totally worth day 1.

This seems to be better..Oh man I really can't wait.

Ricker

I can just feel like maybe 2-3 regular posters in The Surge threads are waiting to pounce if this doesn't review well.

Now, it won't fucking happen, because it WILL review well, but the imminent pounce is real.

lol...personnaly I never pounce on a game unless its really shitty overall...hey, I am a defender of ME Andromeda even ;)...I complained a bit about this game but the only pouncing I will do is on myself because its a game I probably wont get very far in and this will piss me off because I would love to play all of it...it will just be too hard.

Liamc723

It certainly hasn't gotten a good review from me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The PC version has unlocked. You may need to restart Steam as it refreshes apps in five-minute intervals.

Edit: 12.6GB install/5.4GB download.

From Polygon, this sounds cool
You need to be in an Ops Center to switch around implants, but beyond that you can swap them at will. This brilliant system let me completely alter my character build in minutes depending on the encounter or area ahead. In some spots, I needed to replace my ability to see enemy health bars with one that allowed me to breathe toxic gas. In others, especially near the endgame, I devoted as many implant spots as possible to health boosts, turning my initially frail character into a monster that could tank half a dozen hits from even the most powerful enemies. I felt in complete control of my character’s abilities and direction, despite the chaos brewing around him.

I'm just waiting for that least favourable review to drop to see the haters jumping down the game's throat again. Just as expected from the numerous sources that showcased the game throughout the past week, game is solid.

deoee

I'm just waiting for that least favourable review to drop to see the haters jumping down the game's throat again. Just as expected from the numerous sources that showcased the game throughout the past week, game is solid.

There is a 50% one from Push Square!

There is a 50% one from Push Square!

LOL!

Not to disregard their work, since I'm sure they devoted a lot of time to their writing, I never really heard of them. Idk how solid they are in terms of past reviews. They seem to praise the combat quite a bit but complain the game is "corridor after corridor". Reading through the review confuses me as to how they reached that 5/10 score with everything that they wrote.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Guess I'll be putting my GCU membership to work at Best Buy for this game next week. Just gotta beat Yakuza 0.

Top Bottom