• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
They aren't supposed to be real tits. They're tits entertainment.

That is what's breast for business.

isNr73cWJkkXb.gif

Despite the PSX being far better for 3D games, the best game in that first wave of 3D wrestling games was on the Saturn - AJPW feat. Virtua shat all over Warzone from a great height. It looked like ass, but so did Warzone and at least the AJPW game had great gameplay and some cool mechanics that I'd love to see in other wrestling games. The same developers (Scarab) went on to make the Giant Gram games for Dreamcast, which are more well known than their previous wrestling effort.

G-Fex

I still have my copy. :p

funny enough it's what got me into the wrestling of the late 90's. Renting that out of curiousity since I haven't watched or played a wrestling game since 1990.

and I had no idea who anyone in the game was, except bret hart and taker.

I wish GG2K was a little slower and didn't have time limits. The engine is too good to just be some fast paced arcade stuff.

That's why I always wished they'd done a sequel to AJPW feat. Virtua - it was much slower paced than Giant Gram and had two systems that really worked in its favour, namely, being able to damage a body part to the point where certain moves weren't usable and, also, not being able to use the higher tiers of your move-set until you'd taken a certain amount of damage. The result was that you'd actually be trying to make it a back and forth match, all the while making sure that no one body part was too injured to use your higher tier moves. So satisfying when it came off. Plus, you got to beat the shit out of Johnny Ace. Win!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
As a native Houstonian, I apologize for this entire PPV.

texas wrestling crowds are weird to me. I mean Texas had 4 of its own promotions back in the territory days and mid-south wrestling was also big there.

Yet it feels like the crowds are among the worst in the nation.

I'll take an AWA or Stampede Wrestling territory crowd any day. (and the WWWF territory crowds go without saying of course)

strobogo

Banned
I feel like the ASPW series doesn't get enough love. I found those games to be really fun.

Probably because it's a Japanese exclusive niche game that A. American fans probably weren't even aware of, is now hard to find, and you can't even find an ISO online. I've never played it. I'd like to.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I feel like the ASPW series doesn't get enough love. I found those games to be really fun.

ASPW2 has the better gameplay, I think, but holy shit ASPW3 has the best entrances and physics I've ever seen in a wrestling game. Plus 2 had Muta since it came before he jumped to AJPW. And you could even do that "roll under the ring to refill your mist" thing he used to do.

They should really just have him carry both belts. It still wouldn't be as hype as the J-Crown but holding multiple belts for one title looks damn cool

sasuke3.jpg

Probably because it's a Japanese exclusive niche game that A. American fans probably weren't even aware of, is now hard to find, and you can't even find an ISO online. I've never played it. I'd like to.

Well, I mean compared to the FP series and KoC2.

But yeah, I have them around here. We can talk later.

ASPW2 has the better gameplay, I think, but holy shit ASPW3 has the best entrances and physics I've ever seen in a wrestling game. Plus 2 had Muta since it came before he jumped to AJPW. And you could even do that "roll under the ring to refill your mist" thing he used to do.

The intros always got me so hyped.

Good thing for HBoss and KoC2. Dood is keeping good wrestling alive.

BFIB

Vince will come out and literally destroy the WHC, then drop his pants and take a shit on the remnants of what the WHC used to be.

smr00

Banned
Vince will come out and literally destroy the WHC, then drop his pants and take a shit on the remnants of what the WHC used to be.
I assume you are referring to the NWA/WCW belt and if you are, that title has meant nothing for 20+ years. It's not even the same title and hasn't been.

in WWE it's always been a joke title to me. It's there to keep talent happy and to make them feel special because they have a title.

Tiger Mask vs Minoru Tanaka - (NJPW 06/18/2006)

ibmJvSOxAdB1ZR.gif

The finals of the 2006 Best of the Super Jr's here - both men are former IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champions, but Minoru hasn't held the belt for over a year, while Tiger Mask lost the title to current champion Koji Kanemoto, who watches on as his rival Tiger Mask and tag team partner Minoru battle it out to see who will be his next challenger. Minoru's banged up from a long and difficult tournament, his left arm heavily bandaged at the shoulder and elbow. Tiger Mask wastes no time in attacking the injured limb and dominates for much of the early going. The crowd are firmly behind Minoru, however, as he tries to fight through the pain and make his comeback. Great finishing stretch to this one. Minoru does a fantastic job selling the injured limb throughout and this is probably one of his and Tiger Mask IV's best matches.

UberTag

In WWE it's always been a joke title to me. It's there to keep talent happy and to make them feel special because they have a title.
Holding a mid-card title shouldn't make anyone feel special.
Just means you get booked to lose all the time.
Just like holding the MITB briefcase or being King of the Ring.

Instead of titles, the WWE should just post the WWE Merchandise sales leaderboard on their website.
Every wrestler is measured by how much shit they're able to sell.
This will also properly reflect John Cena as being untouchable and impossible to top.
Hence every wrestler will forfeit all of their matches to him and we will never be subjected to a John Cena match ever again.

strobogo

Banned
That heavy TV make seems really hard on the women folk skin. All of them on Total Divas have pretty noticeable acne in every episode, Torrie had hardcore acne problems from it in WCW.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The most mindblowing thing of Total Divas (and most reality shows like it these days) is that they are basically Vince Russo's wet dream when it comes to worked shootiness.

Top Bottom