• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Strimei

Hm. I know its early alpha/pre-alpha footage and all, but something feels off about it. I was initially interested in Geiger, and his whole clock theme seemed like it'd be cool but that was pretty meh all told.

Too bad it makes less than half the money of real-estate...

Yep, Mr. Shakedown is how you really make money as Majima until the final chapter. Also, I have a feeling Pat is going to fuck up and use to many CP points on Business to get the perk of un"caging" both of the true styles grid chart. Though it won't hurt him much, he will complain about it no doubt.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Yep, Mr. Shakedown is how you really make money as Majima until the final chapter. Also, I have a feeling Pat is going to fuck up and use to many CP points on Business to get the perk of un"caging" both of the true styles grid chart. Though it won't hurt him much, he will complain about it no doubt.

What? You can fuck up getting the true style? That sounds kinda terrible tbh.

What? You can fuck up getting the true style? That sounds kinda terrible tbh.

The true style like the other three has a cage around it's outer ring to lock the player out. To unlock the cage for the true style you need to use CP in the Battle section to get it to the 9th level (which for Kiryu you need to spend 124 CP to get to). Unlike the other battle styles, the bonuses for the true style are not moves/bonuses but rather overall upgrades to the character. Without getting rid of the grid you only upgrade about 1/3rd of the way through. But really doesn't matter much in the end, unlocking a lot of the true style's upgrades can completely break the game to a hilarious degree.

I just hope Pat puts most of the Cabaret grinding to the side. It's been a little annoying that most of the last handful of episodes boiled down to "watch Pat pump money into MJ to make more money."

Fat4all

Banned
the FUTURE

tumblr_l7zihxfeZI1qafdxeo1_1280.gif

Hm. I know its early alpha/pre-alpha footage and all, but something feels off about it. I was initially interested in Geiger, and his whole clock theme seemed like it'd be cool but that was pretty meh all told.

"Pre-Alpha" because they have two characters not added yet and some incomplete animations. el-oh-el.

Nah, it's not the early/late stage of development, their character designs are just not very good. You can't sell a fighting game on mediocre designs like these no matter how mechanically good it is. Even Nintendo had to tag new blood in to get their Twintelle badonkadonk going, because ARMs would have looked a mess with just Jerry Protagman and Mummybot, and goofy low-fi design is their whole aesthetic.

They should have teamed up with the Skullgirls creative team or something. There's plenty of competent Western character designers, you ain't gotta try to fly with these broken wings.

"Pre-Alpha" because they have two characters not added yet and some incomplete animations. el-oh-el.

Nah, it's not the early/late stage of development, their character designs are just not very good. You can't sell a fighting game on mediocre designs like these no matter how mechanically good it is. Even Nintendo had to tag new blood in to get their Twintelle badonkadonk going, because ARMs would have looked a mess with just Jerry Protagman and Mummybot, and goofy low-fi design is their whole aesthetic.

They should have teamed up with the Skullgirls creative team or something. There's plenty of competent Western character designers, you ain't gotta try to fly with these broken wings.
Wait but all the Arms characters look great...

I think all the Arms cast look at best boring as ffffffuuuuuuuuu-. Honestly Twintelle would be boring too if not for dat booty and the fact she's the only one that doesn't have asinine spring arms.

Strimei

To be honest, I have had zero interest in ARMs in general and the character designs simply do nothing for me. Its one of those cases where I see everyone getting hype and I just scratch my head as to why. Like, Splatoon I totally understood why it clicked for people, but this?

To each their own, though. Obviously the game isn't for me. Glad people are enthused about it though!

Anyways, I fell off of Night in the Woods early on but I'm catching up now and enjoying it more than I expected.

joe2187

Banned
I still dont understand Splatoon, The squid kids and the gameplay....nothing really took to me like everyone else loved it.

ARMS though just got all that I want to see in a fun party fighting game.

I thought Woolie played a bunch of Overwatch. How's he not understand that verticality is a thing in shooters?

I mean, I'm not gonna gig him for not noticing that the minimap symbol for enemies has an up/down arrow because honestly it's easy to miss, but it seems like if a guy stands on top of a box he becomes completely Woolie Invisible.

Anung

Un Rama
As a Brit his liberal use of the word gypo jumped out at me immediately. Was kinda taken aback by it to be honest.

Obviously the word has different meanings but here it is undeniably a racist slur.

Edit: could definetly sense some side eye from Woolie and pat during that bit.

Top Bottom