• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihon

amekbv.gif

I need this! I so NEED this!

oh god xenogears feelings

So yeah, I only just finally finished Xenoblade this month, about two weeks ago. Loved every minute of it, and that's with an 85+ hour save file without even starting my New Game +. I pretty much didn't get any of the Heart-to-Hearts in that game either. I'm gonna play the HELL out of this new game. If this comes out before 2014 I will fall back in love with Nintendo again, I think.

This looks awesome, looks like the Japanese resurgence is well on its way on the Wii U. I am starting to get excited after this Nintendo Direct, show me Smash and the new Mario and a $100 price cut and I'd get a Wii U this year. :D

deleted

Regarding Multiplayer:
Pay attention to the mini-map in the trailer. Sometimes you see 3 green points, indicating the position of the rest of your party, sometimes they are not there. You will definitely be able to play this in SP.
You can also see that there are moments, when a party member is attacking another monster than you. Don't know if that was possible in Xenoblade, but my guess is not. And the first big dinosaur is attacked by all of your team - party of three running right behind you and arriving at the battle just in time.

JDSN

Banned
Am I the only one that believes that this could be release early 2014 at worst? Monolith was one of the first Nintendo studios to confirm that they were working on WiiU and the trailer looks like a complete game compared to Yoshi's Epic Yarn and other stuff with just art shown.

duckroll

You can also see that there are moments, when a party member is attacking another monster than you. Don't know if that was possible in Xenoblade, but my guess is not. And the first big dinosaur is attacked by all of your team - party of three running right behind you and arriving at the battle just in time.

It's absolutely possible to have different party members fighting different enemies in Xenoblade.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I doubt it's a MMORPG, what MMORPG looks this good with this kind of scale? This is probably some sort of coop the game has.

bdouble

can't stop watching the mech.gif Just running up a hill to a mech then. Blam flying over a huge world.

From what I've played of Xenoblade this looks very intriguing. Especially in a online co-op sense. If they refine the items, skills and combo tactics between characters. It could be an absolutely one of a kind game hunting these worlds with your friends. I think its a great online platform for Nintendo to show off and knowing them this won't be an RPG. We should know that its probably just a simple 3-4 player co-op with the possibility of Lobbys in game like a Guild Wars (does MH have this?) Plus it just lends itself to DLC and add ons through new areas, monsters, and items.

ultron87

Am I the only one that believes that this could be release early 2014 at worst? Monolith was one of the first Nintendo studios to confirm that they were working on WiiU and the trailer looks like a complete game compared to Yoshi's Epic Yarn and other stuff with just art shown.

It definitely looks like it is super far along. If it came out holiday 2013 it wouldn't shock me at all.

duckroll

Well, it's almost certain a 2014 game, but when it comes out in 2014 would be a mix of when it's done as well as when Nintendo feels would be the best time to release it. Xenoblade was first shown as Monado in a similar trailer at E3 2009, and it was released in June 2010 in Japan.

RPGCrazied

Look awesome. But why be an MMO or something like Monster Hunter? Really wanted their next game to be a jRPG like Xenoblade. Oh well.

Anybody else notice the similar between Xenogears' and X's logos?

Xenogears:

logo3fhk.jpg

X:

Monolith-X-600x337.png

Yep. I was watching it live and saw that X and thought XENOGEARS 2. Sadly, unless Nintendo bought the Xenogears rights from SE, I doubt it. Maybe they'll call it XenoMechs or something :p

deleted

It's absolutely possible to have different party members fighting different enemies in Xenoblade.

Never got to that point. Game looked like a huge timesink and after renting and liking it, I decided to play some other games first. Never got back to playing more of it.

RPGCrazied

I didn't watch the trailer. I just saw the screen caps in the OP, where it had people talking to each other. I didn't know there was a trailer.

Sorry, no need to get fussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom