• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

This could be useful, will be checking out titles that have subtitles and multiple languages.

Wish I didn't have to make a new account for it.

Namikaze

Thanks OP, I ordered the Fire Emblem Fates soundtrack and everything went through fine. Amazon basically owns my wallet now.

LiK

I don't think US prime applies to anything outside amazon.com

I ordered from amazon.fr and my .com prime never applied

yea, Prime doesn't work overseas. altho Amazon Japan will automatically ship all overseas orders with Express.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Damn seems like the Kiseki games I want aren't sold directly from amazon disqualifying them from international shipping.
Oh well at least it's a start and the service will get expanded.

tiijj

is international shipping free?

edit: i also have prime so i get free 2 day shipping?

Prime is only for the specific amazon country that you purchase it from.

Intl shipping is not free. Here's an example.

I pre-ordered Pokken Tournament and added a Isabelle amiibo

Subtotal of products: ¥ 7,220
Shipping and handling: ¥ 744
Import taxes upfront payment ¥ 968
Amount billed: ¥ 8,932

Sakura

Game I want says it can't be shipped outside Japan :T
What's the point

Oh wait, that's what it says on the product page but it still let me order it :)
rokyubuvfsc7.jpg

vilmer_

Looks like the PS4 doesn't currently ship here (Canada). The 3DS works fine.

Edit - Looks like PS4's are being sold be resellers at the moment, and not Amazon directly.

Tigress

Well this would make a 64 gb vita card 20 dollars cheaper than buying it through Amazon here. And seeing as I have 2GBs left on my 32, it's tempting... But, I still really shouldn't be spending that money (and I don't think I have thought in a while what it would be worth to me to get a bigger card for my Vita).

But now I have an account on amazon.co.jp.

Anony

my ca account can log into com, but not co.jp
i think i've logged into co.jp before with my ca account, this is weird

i can't even go through the forgot password process with my email

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
As I'm browsing through stuff I might want, seems like most older JRPGs are only available through resellers. Guess this is nice for stuff that's newly released and still in stock. 
Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna is sold directly and has 26% slashed of the price.

Aeana

Yes, it has to be sold directly by Amazon. "Fulfilled by Amazon" but sold by a third party seller does not work. Sadly. Amazon Japan, what are you doing still selling Tokyo Xanadu for full price tbh. Sellers are selling it for half that!

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Have we ever gotten word if the Japanese version will have english subs? last I heard only Asian one will.
No, we haven't. Nothing is confirmed besides the Asian version having them. It seems somewhat likely, though, since DOA5's Japanese version had English subs too (as did the Asian version) but nothing's really confirmed for DOAX3 JP.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Whaaaaaat? Oh man, I gotta go home asap and review my entire wish list!

LiK

pretty tempted to import Raiden V since the release for the West has only been confirmed but still no estimated release date.

Gameboy415

Oh come on!

OF COURSE they start offering this after I order 3 of the Pokemon 20th Anniversary 2DS handhelds (Red, Green, & Yellow) using Tenso, who apparently "can't ship more than 2 items with lithium batteries in one shipment" so now I have to pay them to ship 2 separate packages. Bah!

Eh, on the bright side it'll be nice for future purchases. :)

Fucking sold

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Venus (初回特典「ほのかの天使な水着」ダウンロードシリアル同梱)
¥ 6,849
Condition: New

Sold by: Amazon.com Int'l Sales, Inc
So how much is that in $ with shipping?

Have we ever gotten word if the Japanese version will have english subs? last I heard only Asian one will.

It will not, most likely. Games intended for sales in Japan does not care other language in general.

There are a few exceptions like Uncharted or Pokemon, but those are bigger titles.

FYI, Gundam EXVS-Force even had English localization in the credits yet there's no english mode to be found. It is meant for either the Asian or western version.

@Topic:

I was quite happy. Then remembered DHL. Then cried. Then cried more when I consired the fact that I may have to compete against some of you guys, LOL.

At least DHL is better than EMS in my country. >___>

I've been ordering books from Amazon Japan for over a decade.

Do international orders on books still have a "tax deposit"? Last time I did I got a large tax deposit, 30% of the price of a product that is tax free. It didn't go back to me since (local) DHL is fucking corrupt.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking sold

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Venus (初回特典「ほのかの天使な水着」ダウンロードシリアル同梱)
¥ 6,849
Condition: New

Sold by: Amazon.com Int'l Sales, Inc
Congratulations!

Annoying how you have to make a new account. My main account has prime dammit!

Guess you can't game the system too badly. Still making an account.

Top Bottom