• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II - March 2014

Cheebo

Banned
I bet good money this will be PC/360/PS3 only. It will be a long while before devs like these guys can afford moving to next gen.

popyea

Also, the banner just outright tells you when the game will be released. What happened to the subtlety the series was known for?

The demo kiosks at e3 will be covered by a brick-textured tarp to represent illusionary walls. Keep the casuals out.

SoundLad

other than the fucked up graphics, how was the PC version? controlled ok with a 360 pad?

If this isn't on PS4 I'd be tempted to get it on PC provided it is solidly put together

The graphics on the PC version far surpass what you'll find in the console version due to a fix created by a poster on this very thread (1080p, 60fps).
360 pad works great with Dark Souls on PC. Only drawback I can think of with the PC version is the online community which isn't as big as it is on the consoles.

Grief.exe

other than the fucked up graphics, how was the PC version? controlled ok with a 360 pad?

If this isn't on PS4 I'd be tempted to get it on PC provided it is solidly put together

It was actually a very solid port other than the rendering resolution.

It was well optimized and never crashes.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
March is a lot farther away than I hoping for. No next gen version is also lame. Hope something amazing gets announced at e3 so I'll have something to kill the time.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It was actually a very solid port other than the rendering resolution.

It was well optimized and never crashes.

Don't forget that it also used GFWL :\

But yeah overall with the resolution mod PC port is good. Came with the DLC.

kairu

This timing is really unfortunate considering there is no Next-Gen version announced, and by then the PS4 and XBO will be out. They HAVE to port it right?

Even if its not a big graphical leap to the next gen versions I dont plan on having this gen's console's plugged in by then... and I dont really want to play it on PC.

danthefan

I've had no real issue with DS on the PC, I'm obviously using DSfix which is awesome.

It's stable, I can't recall any particularly bad bugs, it plays just fine overall.

i-Lo

Imagine if it was only available for Xbone/360/PS3 when it came out.

With all the talk of supposed betrayalton, I can foresee a deal like this. Plus, Sony still has the Demon's Souls IP (which if we are very lucky, may get a sequel to some time in the future).

Seance

Banned
Fuck. That's far away.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck :(

tumblr_mep4o1ZUJz1rpc3vlo1_500.gif

Take all the time you need FromSoft. Iron out those creases and don't leave anything unfinished OK? ily

Well this gives me plenty of time to complete both of the Souls games, so personally I'm okay with this.

Except for the first game I'm right there with you friend. I'm actually downloading dark souls as I type this. Wish I had a ps3 so I could play the first one though. ='(

Question: Are these games really as hard as I hear everyone acting like they are?

Kusagari

I think people are expecting too quick a generational shift if they think companies still aren't going to be releasing 360/PS3 only games well after March.

danthefan

Except for the first game I'm right there with you friend. I'm actually downloading dark souls as I type this. Wish I had a ps3 so I could play the first one though. ='(

Question: Are these games really as hard as I hear everyone acting like they are?

To a point. When you become good at them they are completely manageable. You'll find most enemies hit like an absolute truck but if you're good at the game you'll be able to block or dodge nearly everything. They are very rarely unfair, if you die it's probably your fault.

Durante

The games aren't particularly demanding in terms of reaction speed or complex feats of dexterity. However, unlike many titles these days they require you to pay close attention to what you are doing and your surroundings, and are very punishing if you do not. That's where the reputation comes from.

xyzls

No, its more the caution and anxiety that kills you than anything, because you lose all your currency when you die, and if you don't make it to the spot where you died, its gone forever. And that's currency for buying AND leveling.

Once you've played through it once, second playthough becomes much easier because you know the "when to", "when not to" and "how to" 's of the world.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Rough date. They talk about putting AAA marketing push behind this... hope it doesn't bite them and kill another great franchise.

Amadeusz

Neo Member
I don't want the game to be rushed, let's make it clear.

I'd be lying though if I said that I'm not disappointed - I was really hoping for Oct/Nov release, so I could play the shit out of it in the christmas break.

I believed rumours, big mistake it seems.

PS. Such a big banner for a niche franchise seems out of place. Namco clearly wants Dark Souls to become another AAA title, not sure what I think about it.

Servbot24

Banned
Put it on PS4 and I'll buy a PS4. Otherwise I can wait on next gen another year. This game is more important than consoles to me.

To a point. When you become good at them they are completely manageable. You'll find most enemies hit like an absolute truck but if you're good at the game you'll be able to block or dodge nearly everything. They are very rarely unfair, if you die it's probably your fault.

Are they anything like the old school Mega Man games in terms of difficulty? Those games (like most old school games) involved a lot of memorization and timing, but once you got the hang of it, it was like a freaking drug. I got to the point where I could literally beat any level in mega man X blindfolded.

Great, now I got the feels. I'm going to have to go bust out the snes.

dugdug

Banned
I don't mind the wait. Much as we all love it now, its easy to forget that Dark Souls had some lousy problems at launch. Multiplayer (summoning, in particular) rarely worked. Lock-on was finnicky, and there was some input-lag when dodging.

So, if they need more time to iron stuff out, let them have it. It can only make for a better game.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The bizarre amount of up-port begging is...amusing to me.

Take your time From. Make it good because Namco is going to fuck you over.

Despera

Banned
Why not both? Because I'd be too busy playing DSII to bother with another console. And unfortunately (where gaming is concerned) I've got a Mac :/
Besides, I'd rather play the game on a console where hackers can't fuck up the multiplayer aspect and ruin the community.
To the left of the Xbox Live logo, it says XBOX and then some letters after it. Does that say XBOX ONE?
It clearly says "XBOX 360".

Top Bottom