• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

This game will be the test for whether I buy PS+ for the first time.

Will I finally get into an Online Multiplayer Game? Considering I am like 80 hours into the single player and not bored yet, all signs point to yes.

Nothing.

You can use it if you want, but unlike the attackers, your camo runs on limited battery.

Im guessing they give up some good skills for thag privilege though

See everyone in Team Sneak/Cloak and Dagger. That was easily the best mode in MGO2; I sunk over 1000 hours into MGO2 and hopefully will enjoy doing the same this time around.

Is it that great? What about the counterstrike mode?

I am seriously considering buying the game for the MP, and seemingly this one mode alone

Is that crazy?

Dunk#7

Indeed, Sign in with PSN ID, then create a Konami ID, a Game ID, and finally a character ID.

It was a one time process

Completely overblown IMO

MGO2 is my favorite online experience of all time.

EDIT: and this is coming from somebody with 600-700 hours in Destiny currently haha

Yeah, they should bring back Konami ID.

Thats was fucking barrels of fun on MGS4 Online.

Yup, definitely what I said.

Since we can name our 3 characters, it's a shame those names aren't being used for anything other than being able to identify them ourselves.

Patiently yet anxiously waiting to join the fun in January. Hoping PC will have a good amount of players. At least I'll get to watch you guys play and decide if it's something I want to get into or not.

I had no idea this was part of MGS5, I assume I don't need to finish the SP campaign to jump in. Thats pretty awesome of them!

I'm on mission 15 still, been busy with Destiny but login to MGS every day to get my rewards and send my guys out on online deployments for loot.

Diablos54

Completely forgot this was tomorrow! Luckily I've got the day off work as well! Never played a MGO game so this should be really interesting. That's if the servers can hold up of course...

Neiteio

MGO3!

And without the fiddly controls of MGS4, I might do decent this time. Either way, I'll enjoy myself. MGO2 is among my fondest multiplayer memories.

I feel bummed my brother is building a PC for this, though, and now I learn he won't be able to play it for several months...

I'm on PS4 but I would've liked to play with him.

Also, I think I'll make my avatar exactly like that short white-haired girl they keep showing. So kawaii. <3

Trying to keep my expectations in check but I want this so badly to be great. Really want a good online TPS.

If anyone is interested in playing tomorrow on PS4 feel free to add me. Name in profile. Easy going guy who takes orders well and wants to put in some time to get good at this if it grabs me. :)

Alo0oy

Banned
I have one question, is the progression system tied to the character(s)? Or is it universal across all the characters on your PSN account?

I want to use multiple avatars depending on my mood, but I don't want separate progression for them.

I have one question, is the progression system tied to the character(s)? Or is it universal across all the characters on your PSN account?

I want to use multiple avatars depending on my mood, but I don't want separate progression for them.

It's tied to the characters.

Mike Golf

Is it that great? What about the counterstrike mode?

I am seriously considering buying the game for the MP, and seemingly this one mode alone

Is that crazy?

Oh yes, it is. One life, no respawn, attacking team has stealth camo and tranq weapons while defenders have whatever their chosen loadout is. Entire team's camo is down when 1 team member get's hit/shot/CQC'd which may sound like an ass pain, and believe me with bad players on your team it is, but it greatly raises the tension and forces you to be very cunning and careful. In my opinion it was the greatest skill based mode in MGO2 by far. Although with the absence of knives this time it's definitely going to be different. Spent hours just practicing R1/X/L1/Triangle/R1 to perfect CQCing and crouch to knife.

Seijuro

Also up in the Austrian PSN store!

Since I can download it for free and can supposedly acccess it after the patch I'm wondering what the voucher code in the game box was for after all?

Oh yes, it is. One life, no respawn, attacking team has stealth camo and tranq weapons while defenders have whatever their chosen loadout is. Entire team's camo is down when 1 team member get's hit/shot/CQC'd which may sound like an ass pain, and believe me with bad players on your team it is, but it greatly raises the tension and forces you to be very cunning and careful. In my opinion it was the greatest skill based mode in MGO2 by far. Although with the absence of knives this time it's definitely going to be different. Spent hours just practicing R1/X/L1/Triangle/R1 to perfect CQCing and crouch to knife.

Hngg. I am dreaming of reliving my S&D COD4 days and finding a great round based game. No way can I shell out the cash, but I do have two recent and well received indie games to sell, so maybe I can make the money by selling on the BST thread.

My primary concern is a lack of content moving forward...

This is my main concern, especially regarding patching the game if needed. I want to see how it pans out first. I presume the community for MGO is strong?

R.I.P in peace <SONG> and text chat &#128546;&#128546;

I'm interested to see how the storefront for cosmetic items looks.

Also: Does anyone know if we can name our characters, or are they just our PSN/Live names?

Top Bottom