• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

i am alive is far from the best post apoc game but i actually liked it quite a lot. lots of good ideas in that game executed on a lower budget than it deserved

is that post apocalyptic?

or is it post apocalyptic like the witcher is lol
It's post apocalyptic in a non-generic way. Fantastic setting.

derFeef

New Steam thread every day!

3994324380_16398cdc74.jpg

Uzzy

Advertising Standards Authority rules that No Man's Sky's Steam page did not mislead customers.

The ASA's ruling is based upon Hello Games' assertion that No Man's Sky is a procedurally generated game, and so the player experience varies from playthrough to playthrough.

"The summary description of the game made clear that it was procedurally generated, that the game universe was essentially infinite, and that the core premise was exploration," the ASA said.

"As such, we considered consumers would understand the images and videos to be representative of the type of content they would encounter during gameplay, but would not generally expect to see those specific creatures, landscapes, battles and structures."

Drayco21

Didn't they kinda touch on that already with 3 and its "illegals" and immigration metaphors?

That interview is legitimately hilarious though; what the fuck is even happening with Capcom- it's like they want to burn away all the good will for all of their franchises. Monster Hunter is pretty much the only thing they haven't torched their bridges on at this point, right?

Uzzy

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...-so-that-there-can-be-a-dead-rising-5-6-and-7

The first part of this interview is everything wrong with videogame writing.

Unbelievable.

Next thing you know is them using zombies as an ultra smart metaphor for racism, Cos that's totally smart as well and has never been done before either.

Most people probably wouldn't even be able to understand it because of how smart and subtle it would be.

It's a total original take on the zombie mythos, using them as an allegory for consumerism. Never been done before.

Uraizen

Banned
Also Xrd REVELATOR's price details have been released, seems it'll be pricier than Xrd SIGN D;

Probably best to append this, too:

The Complete-the-set bundle discount does not add up directly, it's cumulative over whatever discounts already applied.
So taking Deluxe Ed. for example:
Base price: $64.99
Sale price (10% off): $58.49
Sale + Bundle price (another 10% off): $52.64

So people don't have to do math.

MadGear

I quickly replayed the first 3 missions of the recently released "Unstoppable Version" for Oniken (I guess this counts as another remaster?). The change to static instead of randomized item spawns makes this a much more consistent and imo better experience (and don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game before). With randomized spawns the game would sometimes either tend to be too easy, if you were lucky enough to get a bunch of sword upgrades in a row (the berserk ability wrecks bosses within seconds), or it would make things harder on you by only giving you grenades. They also changed quite a few "sprites" and it certainly shows. Almost all of the enemies look way better now than they did before. I don't know why they "remastered" this game but I appreciate it.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

TownCraft -- MB-3B1D17B1D8FCEE95
A Wizard's Lizard -- MB-6B4A36B380828358 - Taken by Tizoc

Pachimari

So because the other thread got closed I gotta ask here again.

Final Fantasy VI keeps crashing when I have my Xbox Elite controller connected, why is that? It runs with just the keyboard but if the controller is connected it'll crash as soon as I press a button.

yuraya

At this point SteamGAF is just a miserable pile of threads
and anime fans

Happy Holidays everybody! :D

Catshade

Spare Distraint key:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Distraint -- MB-5BF9D309B0D678B2 - Taken by Imur

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Quick question for you guys, though I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

Here was the previous Steam Store Capsule image I had (what displays on the Store Search/New Release/Upcoming stuff):

18bf022917c591d891cc7fd07fbe4b6a.png

And here's the new one I'm replacing it with:

837d0088e06c04b31b0ab804cdc983e4.png

Do you guys think it's an improvement? Also anything you think worth small changes for, or should I try something else?

Kudo

As the Xanadu Next thread is already deader than dead, I'll ask here, probably quite far in the game so I'll spoiler tag it.

How do I reach this chest? I tried walking to it with flying boots and dropping down to it from above but neither seem to work, and the haste from Shadow Axe doesn't work with flying boots.

bloke

Here was the previous Steam Store Capsule image I had (what displays on the Store Search/New Release/Upcoming stuff):

Do you guys think it's an improvement? Also anything you think worth small changes for, or should I try something else?

Yup, huge improvement, looks much more attractive in every way. I say go for it.

Tizoc

As the Xanadu Next thread is already deader than dead, I'll ask here, probably quite far in the game so I'll spoiler tag it.

How do I reach this chest? I tried walking to it with flying boots and dropping down to it from above but neither seem to work, and the haste from Shadow Axe doesn't work with flying boots.
Remove the boots and just run past the stairs and youll fall down to the lesge below

Im not exactly sure releasing any smaller game right now is a good idea. I mean look at all the AAA games that were released or are soon to be released.

Owlboy is doing well. It currently has 40k owners with a 24.99$ price tag.

But Owlboy got a lot of free publicity and really stands out visually. Two things ittle dew 2 lacks.

(edit) I guess, it's a hard lesson for many indie developers making sequels. A lot of them assume they can sell a sequel for a higher price and afford to invest more in it, but they overlook the fact that the market has changed. The market for indie games is currently over-saturated, while it was some kind of "blue ocean", without a lot of competition, when they made their original games.

Owlboy is doing well. It currently has 40k owners with a 24.99$ price tag.

But Owlboy got a lot of free publicity and really stands out visually. Two things ittle dew 2 lacks.

Yeah, but a person only has that much money to buy games. I mean in October and November a lot of games came out. Owlboy, like you said, might be one of the "One or two indie-games I buy this time".

Hektor

Why is there a game called Asteroid Bounty Hunter in my steam library and why does it say i bough it 9th february

Cth

As others said, yes it's definitely an improvement. More readable, etc.

Also thematically, it sets up conflict by using two opposing colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom