• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| ArcheAge - Queuing Simulator 2014

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So these queues, do you bypass them if you have paid?

You get higher priority. So you'll still have to wait, but you go behind the rest of the Patrons at the front of the line and cut ahead of all the F2P players.

ZenVolta

a9b8f4210f.png

I really want to hope that people are making thousands of bot accounts to idle in the character select screen.

fedexpeon

Banned
Welp, I think I am done with this game.
Just got my first crafting quest to make a spice...it requires 100+ mats for one lol.
Yeah okay, I played other Korean MMO before but geezus that is a lot of mats.
And man, crafting in this game is much harder than in real life, all the mats are in 100+ combined range. Gathering only allows me to pick up 2-5/node =/.

This will probably be the first time I think I will support Chinese farmers and power-level service because I make more money at my job than going around collecting stuff.
Or they can add a Craft Level Up potion for $10.00 in their shop because wow, I rather throw money at this grind than playing it.

I can see why mobile market is growing so fast because the grind is getting so tedious to the point that the economic value for your time is worth 10x more than playing the game.

Won

I'm hurting on labor points as patron too, so I don't see much point in F2P crafting. At least the labor pots don't seem to be expensive on the AH.

Just got my first crafting quest to make a spice...it requires 100+ mats for one lol.
And man, crafting in this game is much harder than in real life, all the mats are in 100+ combined range. Gathering only allows me to pick up 2-5/node =/.

This will probably be the first time I think I will support Chinese farmers and power-level service because I make more money at my job than going around collecting stuff.
Or they can add a Craft Level Up potion for $10.00 in their shop because wow, I rather throw money at this grind than playing it.

I can see why mobile market is growing so fast because the grind is getting so tedious to the point that the economic value for your time is worth 10x more than playing the game.

I am honestly not sure what quest you are talking about here. None of them are hard or take any kind of grind. You do need a farm though.

fader

the ferrian race looks sooo cool and I really want to play them. But I cannot take the doey eyed options only available for the eyes.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Sounds like you're talking about the first trade pack quest. That's why you got a garden with the previous quest, it's introducing you to how commerce works. You need 50 dried flower and 60 turmeric but to get that you'll only need to plant about 17 turmeric and 15 azaleas. Trade packs will give you a bunch of gold or gilda stars if you take them over the sea so they're worth doing. How much gold you get depends on how far you take the pack.

ZenVolta

I need some help. I play in windowed mode and the right part of my screen pokes out onto my second monitor. Anyway to fix this? Not a huge problem but it bugs me.

fedexpeon

Banned
Sounds like you're talking about the first trade pack quest. That's why you got a garden with the previous quest, it's introducing you to how commerce works. You need 50 dried flower and 60 turmeric but to get that you'll only need to plant about 17 turmeric and 15 azaleas. Trade packs will give you a bunch of gold or gilda stars if you take them over the sea so they're worth doing. How much gold you get depends on how far you take the pack.

I understand the quest, it is just time consuming and overwhelming when you look at all the mats required per crafting item.
The concept of farming and actual time investment are just staggering.
People can steal and uprooting stuff add more to the problem.
But growing tree/flower aren't even the hard part, and by hard, I mean grinding/time valuation.
The actual crafting/gathering parts are what really killing the game for me. I don't want to know how much time we will need to mine/refine 50 iron bars to make one sword.
Heck, the 50 bars are probably the easiest part since the mats get even crazier and more complex, you must have a lot of free time to even think of to get into craftsmanship/trading.

So in the end, the best way to play this game is to buy currency from Chinese sellers or special items on the Cash Store to resale in the AH. I am pretty sure majority of us value our time than our money when playing this type of MMO.

I understand the quest, it is just time consuming and overwhelming when you look at all the mats required per crafting item.
The concept of farming and actual time investment are just staggering.
People can steal and uprooting stuff add more to the problem.
But growing tree/flower aren't even the hard part, and by hard, I mean grinding/time valuation.
The actual crafting/gathering parts are what really killing the game for me. I don't want to know how much time we will need to mine/refine 50 iron bars to make one sword.
Heck, the 50 bars are probably the easiest part since the mats get even crazier and more complex, you must have a lot of free time to even think of to get into craftsmanship/trading.

So in the end, the best way to play this game is to buy currency from Chinese sellers or special items on the Cash Store to resale in the AH. I am pretty sure majority of us value our time than our money when playing this type of MMO.

Its actually not that bad at all. Read the quest again and look at the mats. Buy the stuff you need, leave it growing, keep questing, and then come back to harvest.

I thought it was going to take a while at first but it really wasn't that bad. My favorite part was taking it back to a capital city to sell. Looking up the carriage routes and finding my way there was pretty fun somehow. Met some friends along the way :D

forrest

formerly nacire
Just sat through a 2+hour queue, clicked my name on the character screen and crashed to the desktop. :(

I loaded it back up immediately and thank the lord it let me bypass the queue!

fedexpeon

Banned
Its actually not that bad at all. Read the quest again and look at the mats. Buy the stuff you need, leave it growing, keep questing, and then come back to harvest.

I thought it was going to take a while at first but it really wasn't that bad. My favorite part was taking it back to a capital city to sell. Looking up the carriage routes and finding my way there was pretty fun somehow. Met some friends along the way :D

It isn't hard to do the quest since it is just click here and click here later.
But the grind will be greater when you realize that was just for ONE item.
Now try to make 25 potions, a full set of gear, a nice weapon...geezus, the mats are insane since each mats come from a different gathering or trade skill.
And of course, everything can be easily be solved with "money" since we can always "buy it," but when you have to use those words then you already know the game will have a very tedious crafting/gathering system.

I still can't figure out how to efficiently gather 50 ores when each node provides 2-3 ores.
Is there a way to create our own mining area?

TheYanger

Queued last night before bed, DCed over night. Woke up requeued, crashed 2 hours later. Queued up again. now FIVE HOURS after that, while still 1200 in queue, hackshield decides that me putting a video fullscreen on my browser is me trying to break the game, shuts itself down. Instantly get back in? 3800 in line.

This is VERY literally the shittiest MMO launch I've ever seen, and I've seen em all.

At this point I've had Archeage.exe running almost the entire time since the F2P launch, and I've played about 3 hours.

ZenVolta

Queued last night before bed, DCed over night. Woke up requeued, crashed 2 hours later. Queued up again. now FIVE HOURS after that, while still 1200 in queue, hackshield decides that me putting a video fullscreen on my browser is me trying to break the game, shuts itself down. Instantly get back in? 3800 in line.

This is VERY literally the shittiest MMO launch I've ever seen, and I've seen em all.

At this point I've had Archeage.exe running almost the entire time since the F2P launch, and I've played about 3 hours.
Iv been in queue for about 3 hours now. At 700ish. They need to add like 10 more servers and give people 1 free move to those new servers. I feel like that would be a fair way of doing things.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So is there anyway to save all your setting and like UI stuff everytime i log out and back in it defaults back to what it was at the start?

Strange indeed, saves for me. Trying running Glyph as administrator, might be overriding it to default every time.

Okay so from the current poll results it seems Namina has the most Gaffers, so if someone on there wants to make a guild go nuts and we'll call it official.

And yeah, queue times are ridiculous but I guess that means people are keen to play the game. Hopefully it calms down after this weekend and we can get some consistent playtime, but this is probably the biggest launch I've seen for an MMO in a while.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
I've queued 2 days in a row only to never get in until right before i sleep so thats like 8 hours in queue....

I assume the only way to play is to stay macroed in game. I'm not even exaggerating about that queue time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So NA GAF server Naima? Which Side if so?

I'm on Nuia. There's another gaffer on Haranya though, and we can't understand each other because we speak different languages. (Ingame), it's kinda funny. I found the language teacher but I'm not sure there's a point. Unless I can insult them when I get ganked and they can understand more than just 8uy93q0489pufihapjdkl. :lol

So that 3000+ person queue I was in ended up taking about 4 hours to get through. Looked like it was going quickly but slowed down to a crawl in no time. I finished up Destiny while waiting for the queue to end. After tonight I might just wait a while for the launch craziness to die down before heading back in.

Smiley90

damn, now Namia is getting hit too. Either that or my Patron status got fucked up. Yesterday it took me 12mins to get in, now I have >1000 people ahead of me and like an hour estimated queue time :(

TheYanger

damn, now Namia is getting hit too. Either that or my Patron status got fucked up. Yesterday it took me 12mins to get in, now I have >1000 people ahead of me and like an hour estimated queue time :(

It only goes up to >An Hour for the estimate. 1000 people is many hours in my experience. 3000 has taken me up to 10 hours to get through the queue for.

Smiley90

It only goes up to >An Hour for the estimate. 1000 people is many hours in my experience. 3000 has taken me up to 10 hours to get through the queue for.

well I'm down to 760 from 1100 already, so... it can't be that bad.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
From what I've played, this game seems alright, but it's not really worth the waiting times. It seems pretty standard for MMOs and not really above any of the other F2P games out there.

Am I missing something?

FiraB

Banned
Just sat through a 2+hour queue, clicked my name on the character screen and crashed to the desktop. :(

I loaded it back up immediately and thank the lord it let me bypass the queue!
When you have people waiting 6-7 hours in queue then you should consider yourself lucky, launch is a clusterfuck on this title and a shame.

MidBoss

From what I've played, this game seems alright, but it's not really worth the waiting times. It seems pretty standard for MMOs and not really above any of the other F2P games out there.

Am I missing something?

Well, what have you played? Have you sailed to new continents? Have you searched for sunken treasure? Have you built a car? There's a lot to do here.

friday

I have been able to make it past the queue the last 2 nights. Fun game, but I need to catch up with my headstart friends. Trion really needs to discourage people going AFK because the way the game is setup right now basically gives you a bonus for AFKing.

TheYanger

Well, what have you played? Have you sailed to new continents? Have you searched for sunken treasure? Have you built a car? There's a lot to do here.

That stuff is ok. the basic gameplay elements are shitcan though. I admit I'm focusing almost solely on the other stuff and its more fun than beta, but fighting is a chore.

And I'm on Kyrios with the mega queues, rerolling isn't in the picture since it's kind of relevent to play with a guild for max fun.

Tash

It isn't hard to do the quest since it is just click here and click here later.
But the grind will be greater when you realize that was just for ONE item.
Now try to make 25 potions, a full set of gear, a nice weapon...geezus, the mats are insane since each mats come from a different gathering or trade skill.
And of course, everything can be easily be solved with "money" since we can always "buy it," but when you have to use those words then you already know the game will have a very tedious crafting/gathering system.

I still can't figure out how to efficiently gather 50 ores when each node provides 2-3 ores.
Is there a way to create our own mining area?

As others tried to explain: it's nowhere as bad as you think it is.
I made all my cloth sets up till 30 now (need cross continental trade for an item now, though)
Planting about 40 cotton on my small farm takes maybe 3 minutes. Then I go level for about 2 hours and come back to harvest the cotton and plant new ones (maybe 6 minutes spent). Then to the weaver which gives me about 30plus fabric from that time spent.

Ore is actually super easy to get (stone is a bit more annoying). The nodes respawn quite fast in an area. One good spot early on is the mine with the stone golems that also gives you a daily quest to kill them (next to Royster's Camp (West factions)). Tons of mines in that area and even though it can be heavily contested by players I always get a lot of ore and stone in very short time.
There is also always a chance for a fortuna mine which is basically an instant follow up node once you mined the first one. That one is a 100% chance for stone and one rare ore.

Top Bottom