• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I still use your Wall RW for CMs sometimes, but not often.
Haha, fair enough. It's strange because outside of Metamorphose and maybe the Edge/Lightning USBs, I don't think I really have anything that's useful on its own for people... particularly if Onion and Shout are basically out of date now.

Mknzy

So I'm trying to decide which relic to pull for my bonus relic on the 30th anniversary gem pull. My weakest synergy is in XIII so I'm leaning for something in there, but I am having trouble deciding on which to pull. Is there a clear cut best choice in XIII out of the relics available?

Tidd

So I'm trying to decide which relic to pull for my bonus relic on the 30th anniversary gem pull. My weakest synergy is in XIII so I'm leaning for something in there, but I am having trouble deciding on which to pull. Is there a clear cut best choice in XIII out of the relics available?

Cid Raines, the rest is terrible compared to it.
His burst gives a +MAG/+DEF buff to the whole party, cmd2 gives himself a +MAG/-RES buff and he can use Memento Mori for another MAG buff. So he alone can provide 3x 30% mag buff for himself and with that he can walk into every team and doesn't need any other support to do any damage. Furthermore he can wrath which builds up his SB gauge really fast. And the best thing is his cmd1 removes any delay on the next magic attack making the next attack an instant cast, even his SBs!

I would echo the Raines rec. I used most of my pre-fest sub minute magicite guilds, even though holy and dark are resisted. Wrath wrath (wrath) bsb cmd2 if needed chainga chainga chainga chainga. Combine his faithga with say onion who can also wrath and use magic, and a third faithga mage like krile, braska, papalymo, etc, and you will be in great shape.

Don’t worry about his bsb being resisted, he is great regardless.

WarAdept

What's everyone doing with their 6* abilities?

Never seen a Crystal drop on my event runs (they drop from the bonus 60 stam fights).

As of now :

Meltdown R3
Omega Drive R3
Curada R3
Mug Bloodlust R2
All other mote 6* abilities R1
Uncrafted Nightmare 6* abilities (sans above 3)

Keen to get Neo Bahamut/Mug Bloodlust to R3 once the Great Ability Revamp hits.

NKnight7

Neo Member
Been a while since I logged in and played, but I did a draw on the new XV banner and got Promto's USB. Coupled that and Noctis' OSB and Gladio's OSB, I guess I can start making a good XV team. :p Too bad I didn't get anything for Aranea.

MrDaravon

So I'm sitting down to try to the FF6 200CM and find out that no FF6 characters can actually use Draw Fire AND Retaliate other than Leo; Cyan has access to Retaliate a couple different ways but no Draw Fire equivalent, and the opposite problem for Celes. Then I just now realized: Celes + Gaia Cross + Gaffgarion RM4 might be super OP actually for this? Gonna go try this right now, this is either going to be great or a disaster!

Edit: Completely shit on it first try, and I messed up slotting a couple of abilities and one of my characters (Mog) was totally useless. Destroyed the trash with Celes counter hitting virtually every attack for crazy damage + heal, got to the boss and just dumped 3 Terra OSB + Locke BSB and a couple other hits on it. God damn. One interesting thing I would not have guessed is that Gaff's RM4 automatically counter attacks the weakest enemy on the field, NOT the enemy that attacked you. So I wound up killing one of the little guys from sheer counter attacks before it was even all over lol. Good times.

Never seen a Crystal drop on my event runs (they drop from the bonus 60 stam fights).

As of now :

Meltdown R3
Omega Drive R3
Curada R3
Mug Bloodlust R2

R3s
Valigarmanda
Meltdown
Omega drive

R2
Curada
Affliction break
Snow spell strike

One more dark crystal and I can choose one of these
Curada r3
Mug bloodlust r2
Lifebane r2
Demonsblood r2

As of now :

Meltdown R3
Omega Drive R3
Curada R3
Mug Bloodlust R2

R3:
Omega Drive

R1:
Lifebane
Mug Bloodlust
Snowspell Strike

Only just created Omega Drive when I got Cloud's USB from the last fest. Just got Noctis' BSB and LMR so I'm pretty happy with that decision.

I should probably make more abilities but I'm a crystal horder.

Meltdown R3
Curada R2
Valigarmanda R3
Snowspell Strike R2
Omega Drive R2
Affliction Break R2
Sky High R2
Lifebane R1
Mug Bloodlust R1
Stitch in Time R1
Allegro con Moto R1

Right now I could take either Snowspell Strike or Omega Drive to R3, but I can't decide which one. I feel like it comes down to whether I like Butz or Noctis better. :)

MrDaravon

We got 6 FF4 events, looks like we didn't get the first 2 (?) ones. I think the oldest one on here was right after I started, I only Completed (not Mastered) the 2 99 and 110 difficulty fights, and never did the 120 or 140 fights at all lol. Ah memories.

Tidd

Meh... still no "new" event for me. I'm pretty sure I took a longer break before the SSB fest. I hope this just means that the realm didn't get a new event in that period rather than not returning at all.
But hey we are still awaiting the most popular realms so this can change easily.

MrDaravon

For fuck's sake I'd forgotten how dumb some of these medal conditions are. I have to Slow and Sap this one guy, I had to look up what in the hell even causes Sap and it's one random 4* Ninja Ability (everyone's favorite Shadowsteel!....anyone?). Thank god for my personal spreadsheet I built, was able to find two SB's I have that have a chance to Sap because forget crafting a 4* ability that uses Dark and Ice orbs for this.

Sephiroth SSB it's your time to shine!

Rubenov

As of now :

Meltdown R3
Omega Drive R3
Curada R3
Mug Bloodlust R2

I really want NeoBahamut with those 4 hits (already there) since I have Alphi's USB... but it uses Dark (or Fire, can't remember) crystals that compete with other abilities with higher priority (like Omega Drive).

No js stinks

U++ cm, pro tip, use tauntaliate with gladiolus and affliction break with prompto. I have noctis lmr and bsb, so he was an omega drive machine, also have promptos pentabreak, so a few assets to use. Rw wall

This was tough, my first group went all attack no tauntaliate and got wiped mid battle.

Apoc super easy with my Bismarck sub 30 team. Lightning usb bsb2 lmr + Shan csb + rikku usb and tempest strike + hydra = easy win. My last tempest strike did around 50k damage.

Mp also super simple with lightning and Shan pulled from my Bismarck team. The easier one, my duo did 90% of the damage, all support, me, and an Aranea that lifesiphoned and used their bsb for the kill shot.

Rubenov

The Renewal Dungeons present a great opportunity for new players to jump in... maybe deserving of a thread on the Gaming Section in order to spread the word. There may not be another chance like this that could get players really caught up with things (not everything, but quite a lot).

I'm at the fight with Bartz and Zidane. Their damage output it too high even with wall and power breaks/full break. It doesn't help that they aoe or multiple hit moves or Zidane steals my stats and speed. By the time I get one of them to half hp, one or two of my guys are dead. Its just a barrage of spellblades, multi-hits and aoe. Am I'm supposed to bring two healers in this fight?

This fight is ridiculous.

Falk

that puzzling face
The Renewal Dungeons present a great opportunity for new players to jump in... maybe deserving of a thread on the Gaming Section in order to spread the word. There may not be another chance like this that could get players really caught up with things (not everything, but quite a lot).

Go ahead. I try to avoid making FF related threads for obvious reasons.

Although I feel it's a bit of a missed opportunity considering starting during 30A would have been much bigger of a jumpstart, and it'd take a certain kind of perserverence to autobattle through like 40 events on top of autobattling through story dungeons.

Shadow780

How would you rank these?

CT

Kain BSB
Krile BSB (have her OSB already but enfire is good to have for Sealion)
Prishe (for XI synergy but I cleared Torment already)

Gem-only

I'm looking for the strongest water relics to clear Fire Magicite.

Have Bartz OSB and Yuffie BSB currently for water relics.

Thanks.

Nid

Neo Member
Code:
[IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269878073778765824/369459860460273665/Screenshot_2017-10-15-22-44-25.jpg[/IMG]

Ran out of major orbs unfortunately so im stuck on 1 ninja per team for now.

Nontrivial CM this week, with the limited character selection and lack of people broken to 99. Draw Fire and Retaliate on Gladio is the way to go, along with Interrupt resist on Iris. He hits really hard so Enkidu magicite and some lucky double healing RM procs helped.

SBs used: Noctis OSB, Aranea OSB, Iris BSB. Nothing for Prompto or Gladio.

jLZIq4f.jpg

I was salty yesterday. Decided to pull on XV since I literally had Iris BSB on the entire banner.

3/11

2xIris BSB
1xPrompto SSB

I mean... Why... I do have a pentabreak at the very least and I can combo it with the lightning machinist imperil ability but man...

I need to stick to my pull goals and get swayed like that. Luckily these renewal dungeons are doing wonders to my Mythril supplies.

aett

Man, I just have Affliction Break. Feels bad. lol

I hear ya. I've got R1 Affliction Break and R2 Snowspell Strike. I have between 25 and 35 of each type of Crystal (except ice) so I'm strongly considering crafting/honing Meltdown and/or Omega Drive (to use in conjunction with Cloud's USB).

So looking at battles I've not beaten it seems I really have it against summons. FFIII Bahamut, FFIV Leviathna/Ashura (both times) and Dark Bahamut.

Also seeing when some of these events were 600 stamina to clear and dozens of them are being thrown in your face at once. I thought I had it pretty bad when I started a few months into the game.

Pejo

Man, this FFXV event is reminding me just how amazing the soundtrack for FFXV is. Did 1 pull on the XV banner and got Aranea BSB and SSB, and finally landed Noctis' BSB.

Now I have Noct's OSB, Ultra, and BSB.

Falk

that puzzling face
SBs used: Noctis OSB, Aranea OSB, Iris BSB. Nothing for Prompto or Gladio.

i just used gladio bsb and i think aranea had an lmr or something

apparently bandersnatch is hard when you can't lix infinitely on no cooldown (he he he he)

Nearly rage-egged Prompto/Iris but I guess this was highly unoptimized to begin with (power break + exhausting polka, shit magicite lineup, etc)

Apoc+. I ignored the arm and just beat on the head with a physical lightning team. Not sure why Rikku was in the front row since she was just there to USB and dance but whatevs. It's pretty fun to have Noctis just use his SSB to constantly feed everyone else instant turns.

Damn it. I just got a major augment... on the Rosetta Stone that took Razor Carbine to 30/30. :( Of course.

Someone needs to bump the FFRK thread in the main forum. It already sank to oblivion lol.

ccbfan

Finally took down Hydra and completed the 6 first magicites and can finally do holy and dark,

Seph BSB1 is a god send, the command 1 is basically creep proof, it provided just enough damage with Rydia BSB.

ZangBa

I hate farming Shadow Dragon so much. Just one more Phantom, then I can flush this asshole. Stupid Dissidia CM had me rage dive Deuce all the way because he fit my awkward team setup well. Where are all the damn Dexterity motes? I had like 300 wisdom/spirit before Deuce and 0 Dexterity for the longest time. My Bartz and Lightning need motes damnit.

I hate farming Shadow Dragon so much. Just one more Phantom, then I can flush this asshole. Stupid Dissidia CM had me rage dive Deuce all the way because he fit my awkward team setup well. Where are all the damn Dexterity motes? I had like 300 wisdom/spirit before Deuce and 0 Dexterity for the longest time. My Bartz and Lightning need motes damnit.

It really is an obnoxious battle. I've only beaten it once because I refuse to waste dark orbs when it's a matter of my fingers not tapping fast enough.

Wazzy

Banned
These revival dungeons are making me realize how much I ignored bonus battles in old events lol I think I usually always finished VII, VIII and X but the rest it depended on the event. Ah well, this just means I can do some catchup.

These revival dungeons are making me realize how much I ignored bonus battles in old events lol I think I usually always finished VII, VIII and X but the rest it depended on the event. Ah well, this just means I can do some catchup.

Yeah, for a while I wasn't playing very seriously and I was usually only able to finish events up to the bonus battles. Being able to go back and pick up all of these elemental and status resist accessories is huge. It can't be overstated how important these accessories are to beating the game's hardest content.

Rubenov

FUUUUUUUU almost Renewal change time and I still need to clear an entire FFIV event. Don't want to fall behind. Using mythrils for refresh cause otherwise I'd have no time.

FUUUUUUUU almost Renewal change time and I still need to clear an entire FFIV event. Don't want to fall behind. Using mythrils for refresh cause otherwise I'd have no time.
But the events aren't being replaced by the next realm, they are just being added one by one. They are all closing on 11/5.

Rubenov

But the events aren't being replaced by the next realm, they are just being added one by one. They are all closing on 11/5.

Right I know... I'm just OCD about events piling on top of each other that need completion. I've got to do so many FFV events now :O It's overwhelming.

Man, screw U+ Bartz in the Worthy Foe event. He can straight up one-shot a back row mage in the first instant of the battle before you have mitigation up, if he chooses to. S/L as a game mechanic. This was a 160?!

Xetherion

Man, screw U+ Bartz in the Worthy Foe event. He can straight up one-shot a back row mage in the first instant of the battle before you have mitigation up, if he chooses to. S/L as a game mechanic. This was a 160?!

Yeah, 160s used to be killer. I felt like they made 160s weaker when they came out with higher difficulties. Never bothered to check their stats to see if i was right though.

Top Bottom