• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Funny how I got Julia in this banner along with her mother and "father", the whole family is reunited at last

DMP3G0sXkAIdaog.jpg

Are you fucking kidding me.

I've pulled FIVE INIGOS.

FIVE. INIGOS.

And not one Azura.

Dude, stop hunting. God knows how much useful stuff you're missing out on. Why do you need Azura so badly, anyway?

Hunting is not viable for everyone. For me, the last few banners proved that I should always pull everything, even colorless. Because I didn't follow my own advice, I'm up to a 5.25% pity rate.

I picked up some decent Red fodder, but I could have had much bigger variety and many of the Reds weren't even desirable at all.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Hopefully TT will give some coins too.

The trickle from AA is super slow compared to the coins they gave during the voting gauntlet.

Hunting is not viable for everyone. For me, the last few banners proved that I should always pull everything, even colorless. Because I didn't follow my own advice, I'm up to a 5.25% pity rate.

Whoa, whoa, hold on, don't get too far ahead of yourself XD

Just kidding, but seriously on most occasions, you'd have to pay me to pull colourless. I tried to hunt for PA Olivia earlier and got nothing but junk, not even one "common" Klein for Death Blow.

I think it's safe to say you can skip colourless unless you really are trying to optimise orb expenditure, but even still you're basically paying for junk most of the time.

Also, with the way Maths works, I'm pretty sure the chance of getting good units via pulling everything and pulling specific colours is about the same, but pulling everything obviously costs slightly less orbs.

At least if you pull a specific colour, there's a higher chance of getting the units from that colour. People talk about lost opportunity, I think, but you could say the same with colour-hunting.

Eg. if you pull 100 orbs of random colours and 25 are green, you've "lost out" on 75 or so green orbs if you had stuck with green.

Hope that makes sense or I could just be delirious : P

I snipe because I care more about getting specific units than more good units

I'm just playing this game because it has a lot of characters I like, so those are the ones I try and get

Whoa, whoa, hold on, don't get too far ahead of yourself XD

Just kidding, but seriously on most occasions, you'd have to pay me to pull colourless. I tried to hunt for PA Olivia earlier and got nothing but junk, not even one "common" Klein for Death Blow.

I think it's safe to say you can skip colourless unless you really are trying to optimise orb expenditure, but even still you're basically paying for junk most of the time.

Also, with the way Maths works, I'm pretty sure the chance of getting good units via pulling everything and pulling specific colours is about the same, but pulling everything obviously costs slightly less orbs.

At least if you pull a specific colour, there's a higher chance of getting the units from that colour. People talk about lost opportunity, I think, but you could say the same with colour-hunting.

Eg. if you pull 100 orbs of random colours and 25 are green, you've "lost out" on 75 or so green orbs if you had stuck with green.

Hope that makes sense or I could just be delirious : P

That colorless Orb could be a 5* healer, but it could also be a Brave Lyn or an Innes. The bow users are generally good fodder, and I'm building up a 4*+10 Virion, so even he is desirable.

The point is that I could have pulled more stuff if I hadn't focused exclusively on Red after the 4% mark. If I hadn't backed out repeatedly, I wouldn't be at 5.25%.

I'm already done going for Sigurd, and I'm
It's just more fun and Orb efficient when I pull everything. Out of all these reds, I couldn't even get any mages besides Raigh. I'm building a 4*+10 Tiki(A), and I didn't get a single copy for merging.

I need stuff from every color, so I will just summon it all.

I've been trying to balance sniping with full pulls. I'll do the at least first 2 sets as full pulls to get the rate up and possibly pick up some good skill inheritance fodder then go for the color I'm after. Plus it's (usually) hard to get mad about getting a five-star unit on the first set at a 3% rate.

Cerium

Dude, stop hunting. God knows how much useful stuff you're missing out on. Why do you need Azura so badly, anyway?

Dancers will always be useful and I want as many as I can get.

Like in Arena Assault, each dancer you put on a team with a beastly unit basically magnifies that unit's efficacy. And duplicates aren't allowed in those scenarios.

Plus this Azura is limited and probably won't be coming around again.

I guess I'm going to have to start merging my Inigos.

Full pull on the new banner, nothing.

Decided to try again, and got this:

-spd +hp to boot. At least I'll have a TT bonus unit.

But since the session had no colourless orbs, I decided to pull the rest. Next orb was my first ever Lucina, and +atk -res too.

I've had fairly decent 5* luck since CYL, but I haven't been getting focus units.

Think I'll go back to Performing Arts since those units are actually limited.

Shinypogs

I want to pull for a garunteed 40% unit but I can't justify it when I made it to 100k last time with just a 20% unit and I have Julia and lachesis one of which ought to be 20%.

I am looking forward to the GHB though. Arvis is gonna be interesting to mess around with build wise.

Wiseblade

It depends on what you value. If you're simply after units in general, you should be 5-pulling every time. Early game, there's no reason not to 5-pull when you're short on everything. But when you're trying to fill a specific gap in your roster or targeting a particular unit, sniping is the only way. If I'm gunning for Brave Roy, every Blue orb summoned is a waste of resources. If you feel comfortable saying "I want ____ more than anything else" then snipe to your heart's content.

Sushen

It depends on what you value. If you're simply after units in general, you should be 5-pulling every time. Early game, there's no reason not to 5-pull when you're short on everything. But when you're trying to fill a specific gap in your roster or targeting a particular unit, sniping is the only way. If I'm gunning for Brave Roy, every Blue orb summoned is a waste of resources. If you feel comfortable saying "I want ____ more than anything else" then snipe to your heart's content.
And be prepared to see the pity rate rise above your expectations. Seriously, the joke is on you if you see the rate going up while pulling only one color. Been there done that and will never do it again myself.

Damn, I accidentally reset my Summoner Support when I intended to create an Ally Support between two of my Heroes.

I hate having to grind this all over again.

And be prepared to see the pity rate rise above your expectations. Seriously, the joke is on you if you see the rate going up while pulling only one color. Been there done that and will never do it again myself.

Same here. My posts have already said it all.

Sniping is a fool's errand, especially for F2P users.

Wiseblade

"I'd rather get ____ than ANYONE ELSE"
Do you guys think they will make any seals for B skills like QR and Vantage? Or would that be too OP?
I'm not going to bet against "eventually".

Alkez

Do many of you run into Cancel Affinity Reinhardt or Lyn in arena/arena assault? I dunno why but I'm slightly afraid of putting TA3 on gronnraven users in case I run into it, despite having never run into it. I'm not in tier 20 though so I don't know what it's like at the top end.

bigzgod

Do many of you run into Cancel Affinity Reinhardt or Lyn in arena/arena assault? I dunno why but I'm slightly afraid of putting TA3 on gronnraven users in case I run into it, despite having never run into it. I'm not in tier 20 though so I don't know what it's like at the top end.

Cancel Affinity Rein is not possible. Just an fyi.

Cancel Affinity Lyn is actually a thing, especially when combined with Firesweep. It is why I don't bring TA3 Raven users into arena except Inigo, who has dance to fall back on if there is a CA Lyn or a CA Bridelia. This is coming from someone that actually uses a CA Bridelia, btw. I'm sure some people weren't happy to see a CA Bridelia with charged Luna in arena runs.

For AA, since you can actually see what units are in play prior to actually going, TA Raven is still useful as a counter unit. If they have CA, just don't use them that round. Pretty simple.

Wiseblade

Nobody runs Cancel Affinity Reinhardt, it's an illegal combination. Some people run CA on Lyn, but it exposes her to bulky Distant Counter units who are more common and harder to work around than Raven tome users.

Unless you're talking CA + Firesweep Bow in which case all bets are off.

NSESN

Reinhardt can't run CA. About Lyn you can always run a dragon.

ggx2ac

Wait, I didn't notice this. They added Sacred Coins to the Arena awards for offensive points.

(I am not talking about Arena Assault.)

Kettch

As F2P, I always favor color sniping. I don't have enough orbs to waste on getting units I don't absolutely need or future 4*s.

The goal is to just get the banner unit(s) I want with as few orbs as possible.

kswiston

I wanted Sigurd, but I got sick of getting nothing on reds as my orbs were nearly gone, and pulled a blue. Got Tana. Not going to complain!

Shinypogs

Ayra almost killed my Camus! Wouldn't have been as close if he'd been buffed but still it's so rare to see any horses in danger. Speaking of which I really need to throw a 4* Ursula in there as a filler unit so I can run full buffs. This 3 horses plus Ninian is fun but I want the full package and my only Reinhardt isn't really worth promoting. Hmm but a Frederick might so work.

In infantry news Bike, Soren and Eirika continue to be a solid trio and I think I'll use them as my primary arena team next week provided I have a bonus unit that doesn't drag down the score too much. Just hit tier 19 and I'd like to stay there.

I really need to get the askr trio to 4 stars with some SI.

Doing the armour training tower challenges. Watching Effie smite BK and than a second Effie smite the first is amusing. BK does most of the work but recently one Effie did take an armourslayer to the face and ohko on retaliation. I'LL switch to pivot on BK and primary Effie when I start running them in a mixed team then swap when I get a full armour emblem going.

ggx2ac

I upgraded Raigh to 5*. I guess next week I'll upgrade Reinhardt and then I'll have enough mages of every colour for Arena Assault.

I don't think I'll break my pity rate. I would rather just save Orbs and give myself a few months to recuperate.

I did more merging and skill inheritance, and I hit some low 700 point matches while Arena was still up. This is true whale territory, and I used up a lot of resources to get here. I hope Sigurd isn't too hard to kill.

Won't be posting here as much, and I really needed to step back from this game and forum anyway.

alcheim

Come on game, please just let me get Inigo so I can move on to the next banner.

*Uses up the last 5 orbs for a summon. 5 reds appear. Pull a random one, dust cloud appears and... get a 4-star Laslow.

Really game, why you trolling me?

Sushen

Somehow the game is throwing me 2 Eirika in a day while none for like a half year. Which is better neutral or spd+/def-?

Vena

Eirika wants +spd/-def or +spd/-res, probably -res since she's not really made to trade at range but can still kill axes and trade with swords if she has Swordbreaker.

She also remains one of the best reds in the game, and comes at 4* to boot.

Kenai

Yeah it's fine. Same as mine. Deflect magic at just base level nullifies the bonus from the second hit Moonbow so Inigo can live through Reinhardt pretty easily with TA

Oh good ty. I was so happy to be done with the banner but my heart kinda sank at the - Res

Edit: and I am totally for color sniping in this game as an almost f2per (spent $20 on my bday). The game was lopsided in favor of red and colorless for awhile despite every color having amazing units from minute 0. I swore to snipe by the 3rd time my pity rate was broken by a 5* Seliph/healer.

c-murph

Ok been saving my orbs since the end of the last Tharja's banner (I have her currently at 40+5 with four 4* in storage). I'm sitting at 215 now hoping for some other Tharja or Tharja variant banner or a Halloween banner. I know there was the leaked xmas Tharja so I suppose everything for that too.

ggx2ac

I just did a quick job here. (Ignore Ardent Sacrifice)

This was actually better than I thought because I forgot about Spd Ploy. If I had cash to burn, I would spend it all getting a level 40+10 Deirdre to replace my Nino.

Deirdre is pretty damn good regarding her skill set.

Kenai

Ok been saving my orbs since the end of the last Tharja's banner (I have her currently at 40+5 with four 4* in storage). I'm sitting at 215 now hoping for some other Tharja or Tharja variant banner or a Halloween banner. I know there was the leaked xmas Tharja so I suppose everything for that too.

I'm still holding out hope for a broom-riding, magic tossing Queen of Darkness Tharja for the Halloween banner (or maybe not since that would be the moment I would stop being an almost f2per...)

Come on game, please just let me get Inigo so I can move on to the next banner.

*Uses up the last 5 orbs for a summon. 5 reds appear. Pull a random one, dust cloud appears and... get a 4-star Laslow.

Really game, why you trolling me?

It was only a troll if you had no pity rate to reset

c-murph

I'm still holding out hope for a broom-riding, magic tossing Queen of Darkness Tharja for the Halloween banner (or maybe not since that would be the moment I would stop being an almost f2per...)

Omg, Don't say things like that. I might just have to max out my CC trying to get 11 of her. lul.

Be nice if every variant was a different color so I could have a Tharja Team.

I haven't gotten anything worthwhile from summons in nearly 2 months now. The dancer banner refused to give me Olivia and Azura, the new Geneology banner isn't proving any better. I'd be ok if my 4 stars would have some decent IV's so I can build them, but every single one is awful. 😩 I guess I just have to keep going until my luck turns around.

kewlmyc

Would be weird considering we already know she's in the Christmas banner. Though Spring and Summer Xander happened, so who knows.

Top Bottom