• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 18 EASHL (PS4) Famous Yet Nameless

We made a good run at our first playoff banner of the year last night and came up a goal short in the finals. Good stuff from Delryk, Stat and Mercy.

Our failure was streamed to the masses and has been archived for future viewings here: https://youtu.be/oycWQwqte7o

Just a FYI we are still accepting new members if any gaffers are interested. We only ask that you are not a complete beginner to the series.

zsswimmer

I might get it after waiting for some reviews, not day one for sure. Plus I signed up for a month trial of gamefly. ... so many games to play!

13thStep

I might get it after waiting for some reviews, not day one for sure. Plus I signed up for a month trial of gamefly. ... so many games to play!

Live on the wild side! Pre-order now, without seeing any reviews! You only live once. (or don't, either way)

Stat!

Have it pre-ordered from the E3 sale for $50. Really torn but it sounds like they are doing things "right" from the first one.

I'll wait for beta impressions.

13thStep

Man Ive been burned too many times, there are only certain series that I do that with just cause I 100% know I'm gonna buy it anyways

Bro I hear you, I pre-ordered Watch Dogs and it was fucking terrible. I pre-ordered No Mans Sky like an idiot and it sucked. I no longer pre-order games unless its something I really, really want.

Milly79

Says data to start application in 40 mins, fully downloaded in 3 hours...

Best Buy declined me buying from them 3 orders in a row, or I would've been closer to being finished.

Milly79

GGs last night. We playing tonight?

Anyone else still rocking a launch PS4? Shit sounds like a jet taking off. I cleaned it out a bit, but hope it's not close to dying or anything.

Stat!

Anyone else still rocking a launch PS4? Shit sounds like a jet taking off. I cleaned it out a bit, but hope it's not close to dying or anything.

I'll be on tonight. Some good games last night. That chemistry is coming back.

My PS4 suffers the same issue but I wear a headset so I dont hear it as much. Apparently, its super easy to clean the fan out and usually there is lots of dust in there that hasnt been cleaned out.

Milly79

Honestly felt like I never left.

I feel like once you commit to a certain area on the ice you're stuck there for at least 5-10 seconds. I guess what I'm trying to say is there feels like there is zero mobility in the game once you stop. Not sure if that is super realistic or not, but it makes it pretty hard to do stuff in the offensive zone.

Also, I hope they fix the lag. I kept dsyncing throughout the night for a few seconds and catching back up. Seems worse than I remember it.

13thStep

I'll be on tonight. Some good games last night. That chemistry is coming back.

My PS4 suffers the same issue but I wear a headset so I dont hear it as much. Apparently, its super easy to clean the fan out and usually there is lots of dust in there that hasnt been cleaned out.

I get out at 6 tonight! So I can be on earlier than I usually am!

Milly I have a launch PS4 and it's sounds like a jet engine.

Stat!

I feel like once you commit to a certain area on the ice you're stuck there for at least 5-10 seconds. I guess what I'm trying to say is there feels like there is zero mobility in the game once you stop. Not sure if that is super realistic or not, but it makes it pretty hard to do stuff in the offensive zone.

Also, I hope they fix the lag. I kept dsyncing throughout the night for a few seconds and catching back up. Seems worse than I remember it.

I would say the days of figure skating and moving around with ease are over. Similarly, its really hard to stick handle into traffic now. Requires just moving the puck either on net or to another teammate much more quickly.

I thought the lag/desyncing was worse last night than its been so far. Last night, was the first time I got disconnected from EA servers.

Delryk

Reset your router, check the speed through PS4 settings.. heck i've seen people last year say that using a wire made the game smooth/no lag for them. things to try really.

everything was lagless last night. the only difference is the input lag from local play to EASHL...

Good to see you back tho

Milly79

What headsets are you guys using? I was just using the little ear piece that came with the PS4 to communicate, but I think I may try out my Siberia V2's and put both game and chat sound into it.

I dont have a Pro yet b/c i havent got a 4k tv. I have a launch ps4 and it gets loud during certain games but not all the time

Ive gone thru a bunch of ps4 headsets and prefer wireless ones. Ive had two pairs of Sony Golds break at the hinges and my most recent headset Turtle Beach Steath p500 did the same after general use. Both headsets have poor build quality for $ you are paying. I just picked up the Steelseries Arctis 7s and they are really light and comfortable, have great audio quality and seem to be more sturdier at the hinges. Only downsides so far are the mute button is in a hard to reach spot and the ps4 always recognizes the headset as on unless i toggle it in devices or unplugging the usb dongle.

Regarding Milly's networking issues, you can try setting your DNS ip address to googledns or opendns (google those for the ips) and it usually significantly helps ur psn speeds. You also want to either have a static ip setup with the recommended ports forwarded or drop ur ps4s static ip in your routers dmz to eliminate nat or connection issues.

I can prob play early tonight for a few games then ill have to jump over to my fifa club as its launch day.

Top Bottom