• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcade Fire announce new album Everything Now, out July 28, titular single out now

Wow $80 for floor GA, good on Arcade Fire for not ripping of their fans. All these rapper arena tours had been getting me used to paying $200+ and shit.

Blader

Also got tickets today, for Boston. They're seats but if I remember right from the last time I was at the Garden, they're practically on the floor.

Curious about how this 360 stage setup will work. I'll miss having the big screens and lights shows behind them. I also hope Win and Regine don't have their backs turned to us the whole time too.

SamVimes

Primavera? For the last two years I've been tempted to make the trip, haha.
Yeah. For me it's an amazing three days (second year in a row) but the expenses are also very low because I have a place to crash and flights are cheap from italy, so your mileage might vary.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone else is interested in the limited night version vinyl (currently sold out in their everything now store)... There are some left in a german store

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/arcade-fire-everything-now/hnum/7392077

0889854478612.jpg

edit: Nvm it's still available at store.everythingnow.com, but still interesting for german gaffers :)

Definitely a step in the right direction. I did not like their last album at all, and feel like they will probably never again reach the heights they did in their amazing Funeral-Neon Bible-Suburbs run, but this has my interest piqued for the new album.

WedgeX

Banned
On first listen through the single didn't do much for me. But I felt the same about Reflector before it grew on me.

Hoping that this continues their every-other-album tradition of greatness. Loved Funeral and the Suburbs while Neon Bible and Reflector were just good.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Windowsill is one of my favorite under played Arcade Fire songs.

if it's coming back in a big way this tour I'm so happy.

closing with it seems pretty epic and foreboding.

opening with Wake Up is pretty awesome too, going all Funeral era on us

one of my favorite Windowsill performances, completely stripped and in a glass elevator on Miroir Noir: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwvu1Umda78

big ander

Aw man...I was waffling on buying Sunday lolla tix just for them (and charli xcx and Maggie rogers and sampha/the shins I guess) but with how much nb and funeral are on the setlist I kinda have to

Edit: hmm actually though there's so little everything now on that, no way that'll be the same at lolla after the record's out. Bummer cause a show with Haiti, in the backseat, power out, windowsill, intervention, rebellion—that's my dream set list

Neifirst

Aw man...I was waffling on buying Sunday lolla tix just for them (and charli xcx and Maggie rogers and sampha/the shins I guess) but with how much nb and funeral are on the setlist I kinda have to

Edit: hmm actually though there's so little everything now on that, no way that'll be the same at lolla after the record's out. Bummer cause a show with Haiti, in the backseat, power out, windowsill, intervention, rebellion—that's my dream set list

Hopefully they'll go up to 24-25 songs and just add more Everything Now tracks to the setlist. Hyped for Intervention, Neon Bible, and Windowsill!!!

Blader

Hopefully they'll go up to 24-25 songs and just add more Everything Now tracks to the setlist. Hyped for Intervention, Neon Bible, and Windowsill!!!
Yeah, given they're playing festivals for the time being, they may be limited on time compared to how much they can sit into their later shows.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm loving this new track.

Arcade Fire form such a crucial part of my existence in a way because it's because of listening to Funeral back in 2005 that really got me into music and just seeing what they come up with as I grow up is just stunning.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Yeah, given they're playing festivals for the time being, they may be limited on time compared to how much they can sit into their later shows.

More hat they aren't going to spoil the whole album 6 weeks out

I'd expect a heavy dose of Everything Now this fall, but they will always be playing at a minimum the four Funeral staples (Rebellion, Power Out, Wake Up, Haiti --- tho Tunnels should be on that list dammit)

Gong

I'm off to see them in Edinburgh tonight, can't bloody wait. Hoping they throw in some new material into the set.

gimmmick

Got my tickets to see them in Vegas, Oct 22 :)

Last time I saw them live was when they played a show at the hard rock during The Suburbs Tour 2011. Surprisingly enough, they have only come out to the valley 2 times in the 13 or so years they have been a band.

SomTervo

Saw them debut the single live at primavera

I was about 10 feet away, a secret 360 degree stage

Fucking mindblowing

Then saw them at the full main stage, playing a much more toned down set. Unbelievable

Solid track too - way better than that first single

i don't want to live in America no more.

They've brought back all the politically charged Neon Bible tracks for this tour.

Brings a tear to the eye - you can tell they fucking mean every word

I got my ticket to see them in Duluth, Georgia! I'm so hyped because this is my first AF show.

In for a treat, pal!

It's a spectacle and a half

In the Backseat is one of my favorites of theirs. I hope it becomes a regular on this tour.

Backseat and Sprawl are total treats live

Régine p much the best person ever

I was disappointed when they were announcing more of a dance sound but honestly when the chorus of this title track kicks in (especially with the backing vocals) it reminds me a lot of those pop New Wave singles back in the day. This is so good.

Seeing them in November at a yet-to-be-announced engagement. Can't wait-it's been over 13 years since seeing them live.

Funeral will always be tops but their material is consistently great.

SomTervo

Seeing them in November at a yet-to-be-announced engagement. Can't wait-it's been over 13 years since seeing them live.

Funeral will always be tops but their material is consistently great.

Live I think a lot of their newer stuff matches Funeral's work - but yeah on record Funeral will always be king

Blader

Yeah, I'm really digging Creature Comfort...probably listened 5 times already. It feels like a twisted cousin to Sprawl II.

chaislip3

Creature Comfort is great. A little less bite than the live version, which is a whole different beast.

Apparently the next single, Signs of Life, is out June 30th. It might be my favorite from the new tracks they've played so far.

Mistle

the instrumentation in creature comfort is so good. listened to the song like 5 times in a row which I never do.

Top Bottom