• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Savitar

I really can't get into any of the non James cinemassacre vids. Like Mike is fucking annoying. That tubby fuck is personality less and Bootsy is an idiot.

Like that episode about the Genesis pnp where they liked it and said it was better than the nesc when it doesn't even emulate sound properly.

I totally agree.

James is good, Mike is a sad sack that looks like he'll axe murder someone some day and really isn't enjoyable to watch.

Kudo

Been bookmarking all the Zelda playthrough videos where James is present, lately come to realize I just love to hear James talk about stuff.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I loved his King Kong Marathon. But he should put more research into the Frankenstein Naming stuff, its just stupid naming that makes no sense. We dont care that much :D

shanafan

I really can't get into any of the non James cinemassacre vids. Like Mike is fucking annoying. That tubby fuck is personality less and Bootsy is an idiot.

Like that episode about the Genesis pnp where they liked it and said it was better than the nesc when it doesn't even emulate sound properly.

AFAIK, Bootsy is no longer involved with Cinemassacre. He may appear in future Board James videos, but it appears he gone from Let's Plays. He said he has an upcoming "Bootsy Beats" appearing on a separate channel.

But you hate him, so not sure you care ;)

Lothar

Banned
I totally agree.

James is good, Mike is a sad sack that looks like he'll axe murder someone some day and really isn't enjoyable to watch.

Sad? He's always smiling, laughing, and joking around constantly. It feels like he has the enthusiasm of a 10 year old in a good way. He could be endlessly entertained by the shittiest game possible like playing the Three Stooges. He does livestream chats where he interacts with the fans and isn't bothered at all by hundreds of trolls. Not much seems to bother him.

It's so cute watching him get competitive with his girlfriend. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sirNNA0NdXs Having her talk about how she kicks his ass. Laughing and calling bullshit as they kill each other. They're like a couple of kids. Sad sack? No way.

Timu

AFAIK, Bootsy is no longer involved with Cinemassacre. He may appear in future Board James videos, but it appears he gone from Let's Plays. He said he has an upcoming "Bootsy Beats" appearing on a separate channel.

But you hate him, so not sure you care ;)
I am so going to miss Mike and Bootsy.

Really good!!! one of the best episode in a very long time.

Also, that first game looked just like Shatterhand, I even think has the same soundtrack.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This felt like a good return to form, i.e. Paperboy & Berenstain Bears. Also nice that he acknowledged that the N64 game, while still bad, was just a bland/boring kind of bad, not the kind that makes you angry.

Yeah, I figured he was working his way up to this one. Jame's has been on a Power Ranger's trip lately. Cool that he is covering the Super Sentai games from Japan.

shanafan

Gotta give it to James for that introduction. Talking straight to the camera for 1-2 minutes about Power Rangers. No terrible jump cuts that most YouTubers do today.

Kudo

Great episode as I expected, after each episode you really feel how you've missed AVGN.
I find James Rolfe somehow healing, just listening to him talk with Mike is so much fun.

grim-tales

Yeah, I just feel good when I watch his stuff, even when the episodes are a bit weaker. I hope he never stops. And that last one was great :)

I thought the same, fantastic episode :D Really made me smile. The intro especially made me nostalgic for MMPR as well as the Nerd.
It seems really popular, even more so than usual. I guess new Nerd eps tend to get lots of views at first, but this one got as many views in 3 days as the Christmas '16 episode got in 3 months. Maybe he's gaining new fans, or PR fans are watching too?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
This Power Rangers ep was really good! Felt like classic Nerd, especially with the forming of the Zord at the end, great stuff. That punch/kick confusion must've been terrible, especially when there's a puzzle that requires mastery of it. 'duck duck stand, fuck shit shit'

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, that intro was....super flashy.

This'll be interesting since I remember watching the James & Mike Play episode of that.

Also we've finally reached the point 360 games can be covered, but then again, Sonic '06 is 11 years old now.

Edit: I'm slightly bummed he didn't talk about the more infamous stuff like the infinite attack from Silver or the kissing scene (he kind of brings up how it feels like there's a romance going on), but then again, EVERYONE has talked about it, so I guess he was just trying to go for his own take.

Top Bottom