• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Brew124

Oh that's fantastic. I enjoy listening to these two so much, and have really liked Kinda Funny. Just another Podcast to add to my list of weekly shows!

Don't forget about this important detail:

e8oEAEt.jpg

This is great news. While I watch and love both the GameOverGreggy show and Gamescast, I really think they're hurt by the patreon delay and being broken out topic by topic. They can't really discuss anything topical.

Logash

Hopefully this will be the more up to date podcast. There is something distant about the way kinda funny games cast spreads out there episode through out 4 days. I want the more instant reaction you can only get from a podcsst that is recorded the day before or the day of its release

Numb

Been a minute since i last listened to IGN's Beyond.
Got no prob with Max but he was a much better combo with Jim over at Destructoid's Podtoid. Greg and Colin are about that PS life more.Will listen.

AmuroChan

Hopefully this will be the more up to date podcast. There is something distant about the way kinda funny games cast spreads out there episode through out 4 days. I want the more instant reaction you can only get from a podcsst that is recorded the day before or the day of its release

You get the Gamescast in its entirety the day of recording if you're a Patreon supporter. Otherwise it gets broken up and posted the following week.

Kasper

Then you should listen to the Playstation Blogcast because the chemistry Clements has with the cast is fantastic and its now my favorite podcast

The Blogcast is great. Since Clements joined I've been a regular listener. The only thing missing for me is the candidness that not being directly affiliated with Sony affords you.

inner-G

Banned
Will check it out, beyond was pretty good though I liked it less after the guy who really liked JRPGs left

(^ ah yes, it was Ryan Clements) I didn't know he was on a new show, I'll check it out too

killroy87

The Blogcast is great. Since Clements joined I've been a regular listener. The only thing missing for me is the candidness that not being directly affiliated with Sony affords you.

I'm interested, but how critical do they allow themselves to get? I'm hesitant to get into any "official brand" podcasts.

Karu

Why limit yourself to one platform? It made sense for the stupid way IGN was structured but why do it as an independent site?
Think about it this way... who cares about Halo news from guys who never played it? (That's obviously MS' only franchise but you get the point)

I can't handle Colin's taste in first-person shooters.
I can't handle his total aversion to multiplayer, frustrating sometimes.

Godcannon

Finally! I was seriously considering e-mailing them to see where the heck all the greatness they had with Beyond went! Truly a talented and entertaining PS Podcast duo, glad to see it coming back.

HardRojo

Clever name. I don't really listen to/watch podcasts that much but people say good things about these guys so I might give it a shot.

pastrami

I'm interested, but how critical do they allow themselves to get? I'm hesitant to get into any "official brand" podcasts.

They basically follow this rule: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

But they don't pander. Once The Order: 1886 came out, they didn't try to gush over it, or convince anyone to buy it. They basically flat out ignored it. Before it's release a couple of them at least claimed to be interested in it, but it never strikes me that they are ever disingenuous.

AmuroChan

They basically follow this rule: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

But they don't pander. Once The Order: 1886 came out, they didn't try to gush over it, or convince anyone to buy it. They basically flat out ignored it. Before it's release a couple of them at least claimed to be interested in it, but it never strikes me that they are ever disingenuous.

He's asking about the PS Blogcast.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'd be stunned if the majority of their fanbase wasn't already largely PS fans given that they previously ran IGN Playstation and hosted Beyond.
Yeah, you're probably right. Although it flabbergasted me when IGN decided to do that with their stuff as well. I guess I'm just too used to a general gaming podcast like 1UP Yours.

sam777

I don't get it either. Just seems like a way to guarantee hits from a specific segment of fanboys.

Yeah, I am kind of annoyed by this. They had the gamescast to talk about PS and other platforms. Now it looks like they are just swaying totally to PlayStation again.

I'm really glad they're doing another playstation centric podcast. I loved their commentary on everything playstation and the fact that they don't just blindly love everything. I may not agree with everything they say but I like hearing differing opinions.

I've missed them since they left Beyond, even though I do listen to their kinda funny podcasts. They just never seemed the same. Hopefully this podcast will capture what I've been missing.

gameovergreggy

Kinda Funny Games
Why limit yourself to one platform? It made sense for the stupid way IGN was structured but why do it as an independent site?
Hey, oti--

No. 1, thanks for caring enough to even comment.

No. 2, we're not limiting ourselves to anything. Since launch, we've had the Kinda Funny Gamescast and Colin & Greg Live: two shows that cover anything and everything gaming. However, since launch, our best friends have been asking Colin and I to do another PlayStation podcast as it's where our expertise and passion lies. So, we are.

Gamescast and Colin & Greg Live will go on with us. This is just a focused show for the PlayStation faithful from the PlayStation experts.

<3
Greg

PS - Sorry to the one guy on this thread who can't stand me. One day, I will die and the Internet will be safe again for you.

I can't handle Colin's taste in first-person shooters.
Confirmed Resistance fanboy.
hehe

Also as I wrote in the other topic, the real kings are back. :') I can finally add this to the weekly Bill Burr Podcast since I dropped PSBeyond podcast. I don't listen to too many of them at work.

ibaeheh0twsjwdzxjx6.gif

Good. That new version of Podcast Beyond is an abomination. Looking forward to this.

Awesome! I will totally listen. Podcast Beyond has been better with Goldfarb back but its still not the same.

Nice! I could not get into Podcast Beyond once they left.

Having Goldfarb back is so nice. Him, Marty, and Brian are awesome. Still don't really like Max being part of it. I have no problem with him outside of the podcast, but I feel like he doesn't fit on Beyond. To me, he just doesn't seem to have the passion for it. Although, nobody was as passionate about PS than Colin and Greg. Looking forward to this new podcast!

thenameDS

I don't get it either. Just seems like a way to guarantee hits from a specific segment of fanboys.

Also they are mainly PS guys so I don't think they have as much knowledge and inside information about Xbox. It's a shame really.

This will probably replace Gamescast for me, really not a fan of Tim he doesn't know much and plays almost nothing.

Oh my gosh Greg this is great! As a guy who loves yall so much I flew to SF for Beyond, I don't watch that much Kinda Funny Games content because of where it's located (if YouTube could play audio while I locked my phone that would help). I've been needing this podcast! And making it PS specific is icing on the cake.

sam777

Hey, oti--

No. 1, thanks for caring enough to even comment.

No. 2, we're not limiting ourselves to anything. Since launch, we've had the Kinda Funny Gamescast and Colin & Greg Live: two shows that cover anything and everything gaming. However, since launch, our best friends have been asking Colin and I to do another PlayStation podcast as it's where our expertise and passion lies. So, we are.

Gamescast and Colin & Greg Live will go on with us. This is just a focused show for the PlayStation faithful from the PlayStation experts.

<3
Greg

PS - Sorry to the one guy on this thread who can't stand me. One day, I will die and the Internet will be safe again for you.

Fair enough with the reasoning.

inner-G

Banned
Yeah, you're probably right. Although it flabbergasted me when IGN decided to do that with their stuff as well. I guess I'm just too used to a general gaming podcast like 1UP Yours.
I prefer this way. I can listen to stuff focused on whatever I want, Japanese games, Sony, Nintendo, etc.

General games podcasts spend too much time for my tastes talking about MMOs, Shooters, MOBAs, F2P, mobile and all sorts of stuff I don't really care about

Top Bottom