• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFirez

I'm just starting to play the game properly. I tried it back a few years ago in its initial state and I'm finally getting back to it. It's changed... a lot! It's quite daunting actually. I finished the Vor's Prize quest and now there aren't anymore quests to do... and I've finished all the missions on Earth... time to grind I guess? Need to get my mastery up I think to get more quests?

Trying to play totally free too so gotta figure out blueprints to do that but they seem easy enough, just grinding components. Pretty excited to see where the game takes me though I have Mag and Volt, currently levelling up Mag to max rank and then I'll do the same with Volt. Rhino seems the most interesting for my general play style so I'll hopefully end up getting Rhino.

So can you get 99% of the items in the game without spending money/platinum? I'm guessing skins and such are marketplace only but warframes and weapons and such can be built with blueprints and components, I'm assuming anyway? It kinda sucks that the colour palettes are locked away behind a paywall but oh well... small selection of colours for my warframes.

VandalD

The only things you can't get without platinum are warframe slots, weapon slots, and cosmetics. Rhino is the frame a lot of people go for to start with since it's the earliest warframe drop, and Rhino is just really good.

Maybe you'll soften up on the idea of paying if you get into the game and play a lot. I played free for a long time, but I looked at how much I had played the game and felt it was okay to spend money. It helps a lot to wait for the big platinum discounts you can get on log in. If you get 75% off, you can spend around $10 on platinum that can last you a very long time.

The only things you can't get without platinum are warframe slots, weapon slots, and cosmetics. Rhino is the frame a lot of people go for to start with since it's the earliest warframe drop, and Rhino is just really good.

Maybe you'll soften up on the idea of paying if you get into the game and play a lot. I played free for a long time, but I looked at how much I had played the game and felt it was okay to spend money. It helps a lot to wait for the big platinum discounts you can get on log in. If you get 75% off, you can spend around $10 on platinum that can last you a very long time.

Yep.

I paid because i felt the game me enough hours for my time and its only when that 75% off coupon appears. Plus if you are lucky you can never spend a dime and have plat with their buy/sell market.

Its just that you have to have some decent items to start off with (i know of someone who basically owned a pet store due to selling/buying imprints)

StarVigil

Started this on the PS4 a week ago or so, but didn't like aiming with the controller. So I'm starting anew on PC.
If I may, I'd join the GAF clan. Quote for ID, and thanks in advance!

Yep.

I paid because i felt the game me enough hours for my time and its only when that 75% off coupon appears. Plus if you are lucky you can never spend a dime and have plat with their buy/sell market.

Same, I was well over 500+ hours before I finally spent a $10 on plat plus a 50% discount. Second time was $25 with a 75% discount, well after 1000 hours lol. Feels like its more than worth it with the discounts and buying and selling to players for plat can stack up nicely depending on what items you want. I don't like every item they make so I end up (still even after more or less stopping) having a good bit left over.

Tabby

Just started playing this again, does GAF have a clan or anything?

Quote for IGN if you wanna add or invite me, thanks.

VandalD

Thanks to whichever of you had the drive to actually grind out all those mutagen samples for the Hema research. Going on sample grinding runs with randoms didn't feel efficient or fun for me, so I didn't end up doing that very much. Just ended up contributing maybe 400 at the most.

BeerSnob

If NeoGAF still has a clan I would like to join. I'll hide my username so just quote to see my name and send an invite if you could.

Mikado

Gold Member
If NeoGAF still has a clan I would like to join. I'll hide my username so just quote to see my name and send an invite if you could.

The username you supplied doesn't seem to exist; I sent an invite to what I think the correct one might be hah.

GlamFM

Banned
Did not realize this had a separate PC thread.

Cross-posting from the other thread:

OK, played it for 2 hrs yesterday.

-Why is it so similar to Destiny? Did some devs go from one company to the other?
-I LOVE that my ship is a hub! Reminds me of Mass Effect - LOVE IT.
-The depth is a little bit intimidating - I feel like I can make a lot of wrong choices early on.
-Can´t get the controls to feel "good" on PC with a controller.
-Although I´m using a controller the on screen prompts are for mouse and keyboard :/
-This game seems gigantic compared to Destiny!
-I might switch over to PS4 - does my progress carry over and how solid is the port?

VandalD

Did not realize this had a separate PC thread.

Cross-posting from the other thread:

OK, played it for 2 hrs yesterday.

-Why is it so similar to Destiny? Did some devs go from one company to the other?
-I LOVE that my ship is a hub! Reminds me of Mass Effect - LOVE IT.
-The depth is a little bit intimidating - I feel like I can make a lot of wrong choices early on.
-Can´t get the controls to feel "good" on PC with a controller.
-Although I´m using a controller the on screen prompts are for mouse and keyboard :/
-This game seems gigantic compared to Destiny!
-I might switch over to PS4 - does my progress carry over and how solid is the port?

No dev crossover that I'm aware of, but yeah, seen a lot of people compare this to Destiny saying it's better. Don't have a console so I can't say that myself.

There's a lot to know with Warframe. Way too much to put into one post. But you can't make very many "wrong" decisions. Who you pick as your starter frame is important, but your'e not stuck with them forever. You have to be careful selling some things, as they can only be gotten through non-repeatable quests. Game doesn't teach you much, so if in doubt, ask or look it up.

I've tried going controller on PC also, and aside from losing mouse aiming, there are so many things I want to do at the same time that a controller just feels inadequate. I can only realistically use two buttons with my right hand while I'm aiming, and that's not enough for all the sprinting, jumping, sliding, shooting, meleeing, and using powers. There's no way I could switch from keyboard and mouse with multiple buttons.

Console and PC don't share progress since the PC version is always ahead of the consoles, for better and worse. PC players are definitely the beta testers, but with that comes new content and fixes (and man do we need those fixes after a major update) faster. As an example, PC got the latest update, Glast Gambit, on Dec 22nd and console got it yesterday, Jan 19th.

StarVigil

I wish they would give you a starter discount for platinum. Gotta sell my (shitty) weapons to make room for new ones until that sweet 75% discount comes....someday.

Thanks to whichever of you had the drive to actually grind out all those mutagen samples for the Hema research. Going on sample grinding runs with randoms didn't feel efficient or fun for me, so I didn't end up doing that very much. Just ended up contributing maybe 400 at the most.

Wow, awesome job getting that all grinded out. I think the GB clan still has about 35,000 or so to go.

(by the way for people new, Giant Bomb and Neogaf are in the same alliance, we've got a discord too!)

Hey all! I played a lot of hours in the XBox version but recently got into the PC version (In a bad way... 29 hours played in the past week...) so I was wondering if I could get an invite into the GAF PC clan if possible?

my tag is: Dante_Ravenkin

Thanks!

VandalD

Used to have a bunch of ayatan cluttering up my ship. Not so much now that they don't cost credits to convert to Endo. Got something like 19k from what I had stocked up.

Maybe there'll be a 4k ayatan in the future.

VandalD

AkLex Prime is real!

But the link only comes from a Baro-sold relic!

Fuck me!
Probably not what people wanted when they were complaining about Baro not bringing a weapon in about a year and a half. But I'll take it.

The actual AkLex BP comes from the same relic too, so you'll need at least 2 of these new ones.

VandalD

They haven't said whether Baro will always have the relic that I'm aware of. I'm guessing that he won't, but we'll just have to see.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is the PC group still active? I'm gonna give this some more time. I have a bunch of maxed frames but want to tinker with the new stuff.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Totally, and part of an alliance with a pretty active group. Just strike up conversation in alliance chat if you need help.

Cool.

Of course, I login for the first time in months and get a 75% off deal. I still have 4900 plat from last time I played and bought the deal. I guess I could buy again and get the new Prime Access, ha.

To introduce this new Conclave Mode, Teshin is rewarding Tenno who achieve each 48 hour task in the Navigation panel (including a new Landing Craft ornament)! It is available for a limited time, so prove your Quick Steel skill and earn your rewards before it is gone!

You have until Tuesday February 7th at 5 p.m. ET to earn your rewards!

Never-ending groan.

I wish they would stop pushing conclave so much.

VandalD

Looks like the acolytes are back, starting with Angst. If you need mods like Maiming Strike or Weeping Wounds, this weekend might be your only opportunity to get it for a long time.

Hey guys, is the clan on PC still popular? I've recently switched over to PC after over 400 hours on PS4 :(, and I'm wondering if I could possibly join.

VandalD

Hey guys, is the clan on PC still popular? I've recently switched over to PC after over 400 hours on PS4 :(, and I'm wondering if I could possibly join.
I'll send you an invite if you leave your name or message me in game. Clan isn't very active that I've seen, but that might be because there hasn't been a major update in a while.

I'll send you an invite if you leave your name or message me in game. Clan isn't very active that I've seen, but that might be because there hasn't been a major update in a while.

Thanks man, name is SirMossy in game. I started a clan myself with a couple of buddies but they're not very active, so I'll disband it.

Update 20 - Octavia's Anthem is live!

EgH5boa.jpg

Forum Link

Have to say, when I first started playing 4 years ago, I had no clue just how weird and out there 'frames were gonna get.

Features:

Octavia, the new warframe and her quest, new primary and secondary weapon, new cosmetics, visual rework of the Helminth charger, photo mode and tons and tons of other stuff.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Will probably use someone else song for Octavia, no time to compose a song for her.

VandalD

If we can get 5 clan people on at the same time, there's something new called the ascension ceremony. Someone will have to place the ascension altar decoration somewhere in the dojo, then we get 5 people to gather around the altar, then everyone who visits the shrine for the next 72 hours gets something like 30k endo from leveling up the guild.

Tenora is being researched. Pandero is just a market blueprint, if anyone's wondering.

Octavia is the first frame I've bought with platinum. The mix of deployables and team support really appealed to me. Turns out she's really damn good. So is her quest, IMO. This has been a really solid update. Haven't even messed around much with Limbo's rework yet, but he looks great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom