• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces gamescom line-up (incl. Journey, Until Dawn, Unfinished Swan for PS4)

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Hoping for a few new title reveals just so I can get excited about Sony's strategy moving forward.

New games at Gamescom means new games at TGS.

I didn't know Supermassive made the latest dinosaurs Morpheus demo...

Until Dawn VR is going to happen.
Was this ever actually shown? All I ever heard or saw about it was this blurb on their Facebook page:

In Jurassic Encounter, travel back millions of years in time, see and interact with dinosaurs through Project Morpheus in a way that you never have before!

Jurassic Encounter was developed by Supermassive Games and is designed to showcase how a technology such as Project Morpheus could bring an entirely new set of game play experiences to consumers. With Project Morpheus, players go beyond the current experiences we describe as immersive worlds and can now enjoy something which brings the player into the heart of the game like never before!

10303729_802382366440913_3072429274629084718_n.jpg

Journey, Until Dawn, LBP3 and Bloodborne I'm excited to see.

Hoping for info on Shadow of the Beast, Rime and Everybody's Gone to Rapture. Oh boy.

Asbear

Banned
Bloodborne playable? FUCK YES!

Also, I never got around to playing Journey on PS3. I need to do it on PS4 now that it is coming.

kitzkozan

Journey is probably a cross buy game right? Already have the PS3 version so it should be free for me just like Flower is?

Very interested in Bloodborne and that Ratchet and Clank remake (even if it bug me somewhat since I bought the remastered trilogy). I didn't play the PS3 version of Unfinished Swan, so it might be a good time to buy the PS4 version. :] Everything else is a wait and see since I already have 9 games pre-ordered until the end of the year.

Elios83

Great, Gamescom is already shaping up to be an interesting event.
I hope that Journey is cross buy as happened with Flower but that game is so beautiful that I wouldn't mind to pay again for a remastered version.
Unfinished Swan will be the right game to try the Move controller on the PS4.

Salex_

No Deep Down is a let down. Are the surprises included in the list?

No, they wouldn't include any brand new games on that list (the list is gone BTW, I don't think it was complete either).

Here's the currently "known" suprises (errr, games that are either new or was previously not expected to be at the event lol.).
From my previous post in this thread.
The Rime developers hinted at the game being playable at Gamescom.
https://twitter.com/don_raul/status/479985548170657792
----------------------
In terms of new reveals, it seems like we'll see at least 3 so far.

Media Molecule- kind of expected from everyone now.
Housemarque- likely? http://abload.de/img/untitledfdasspsb9.png
and
The press got invitations and in the invitation they're talking about an unannounced japanese PS4 game (from Sony) which will be there. Hopefully it won't be behind closed doors.

Salex_

I thought Capcom were trying to make people forget about the game so they could stealth cancel it, but they brought a trailer to E3.

I don't understand what they're trying to do.
Maybe they're just waiting until TGS?
"Details on the public beta test are likely to come in July. There’s no excuse, as everyone was looking forward to the information."

"Rather than development circumstances, we’re discussing with the higher ups the policies for the beta test," Sugiura explained.

"As an apology, I’m attaching a screenshot of the game in development. It’s a dungeon themed after the emotion of 'Anger,'" Sugirua said in reference to the picture below.

"I will report again in July," Sugiura concluded, suggesting that news on the release date for Deep Down's public beta on PS4 is set to be announced within the next month.
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2458453/deep_down_ps4_beta_news_due_in_july.html
They got 6 days left.
(ಠ‿ಠ)

I thought Capcom were trying to make people forget about the game so they could silent cancel it, but they brought a trailer to E3.

I don't understand what they're trying to do.

Yeah seriously.

- Present it on international PS4 reveal. No word about F2P/mp game etc.

- "hold on, that's just our JP exclusive F2P money milking online game"

- delay jp PS4 launch open beta to ???

- "but wait, it still might come to the west, and online is more coop etc."

- Show E3 trailer, but still no word about western release

- *silence*

I knew there was no way Journey wasn't getting ported.

I assume it'll be cross-buy. Hopefully the online community will be healthy on PS4 - I've been very impressed that my friends are always able to find people to play with when I have them play Journey.

I want to see Rime and Shadow of the Beast.

Gravity Rush 2 and it will be a great gamescom. Scratch that Bloodborne being there means its already a great gamescom.

delSai

So uhm, WWE2k15 is playable, right? I really want to try out before deciding if i should buy or not.

I can't wait for the surprises, especially Media Molecule who i am pretty sure will be there. Also trying Bloodborne? Damn i'm hyped for Gamescom.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
gamescom will probably have most of these playable right? So does this give a reasonable reflection of what might be at the Eurogamer expo in September?

i'll be buying journey again. it's a really cool experience. played through it twice on ps3 and enjoyed it equally both times. however, the first time was extra special because i purposely didn't read up on the game, so it took a few minutes to realize that the other character in my game was an actual person and not a cpu character. at that point it really felt like a journey. it was actually a pretty powerful experience for me and i don't say that often about games.

also, i'd love to hear more about deep down. that game looks bad ass and i am excited to play it. hopefully they announce something soon.

Make one of those surprises Parappa the Rapper please. Would be a great fit for the controller's touchpad as a way to further add to the gameplay.

Top Bottom