• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest VII coming to Japanese 3DS' [February 7th, 2013]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Boxart

4ZzT3.jpg

18-Volt

Still no word for localization? Man, just like bravery default.

There are still 2 DQ 3DS games waiting to be localized. It means there's still a long time to get a confirmation. And it's nothing like Bravely Default, Nintendo does the publishing for DQ games, not Square-enix, and Nintendo is sure to do better job than they do.

Aeana

This is such a tiny tidbit that it doesn't really warrant a new thread, so I'll just put it here.

Back at the reveal, it was noted that they were adding a guide for the lithographs/shards but it wasn't clear how it would work. Now we know.

http://www.dragonquest.jp/dq7/info/#sekiban02

1oh4d.jpg

He will serve two major purposes. The first is a replacement for the fortune teller that's in the original game: he can describe the location of shards you may have missed. This function can actually be accessed anywhere in the world from the menu, or by visiting him directly.

WUz8B.jpg

The second is an actual radar that shines on the bottom screen based on your proximity to a shard.

Between these two things, I think it'll be hard for people to miss shards like they apparently did in the original game.

Gambit

WUz8B.jpg

The second is an actual radar that shines on the bottom screen based on your proximity to a shard.

Between these two things, I think it'll be hard for people to miss shards like they apparently did in the original game.

I needed a guide to find some of the shards last time around, so I welcome the help. Having said that, the radar looks as if it goes too far in the other direction and might make it almost too easy.

Hopefully they'll balance it.

Aeana

I'm sure that if the game comes out in English, they'll find some crazy dumb punny name for it. In Japanese, it's simply called "lithograph radar."

zoukka

Been on a DQ binge lately and can't wait for this. I was against the 3D graphics coming from the sprite based remakes, but I've grown to like them in IX.

Can't wait!

Looking for the shards that I was missing was definitely a pretty big damper on my enjoyment of this game, so I welcome this change a lot. Not a big fan of the Fane guy's design though.

BowieZ

Banned
WUz8B.jpg

Is it an actual radar? That smaller blue spot looks like it completely gives away the location of the shard, rather than hinting with a brighter glow..?

Is it an actual radar? That smaller blue spot looks like it completely gives away the location of the shard, rather than hinting with a brighter glow..?

The thing supposedly glows the closer you get, and then the shard shows up on the minimap when you get close enough for it to be displayed. I don't remember this particular location, but I imagine shards held by bosses/in chests/whatever don't actually display on the map, just the ones that are already sitting out in the open. This is all just speculation based on the article descriptions that have popped up and that single screenshot, so.

Toth

This is such a tiny tidbit that it doesn't really warrant a new thread, so I'll just put it here.

Back at the reveal, it was noted that they were adding a guide for the lithographs/shards but it wasn't clear how it would work. Now we know.

http://www.dragonquest.jp/dq7/info/#sekiban02

1oh4d.jpg

He will serve two major purposes. The first is a replacement for the fortune teller that's in the original game: he can describe the location of shards you may have missed. This function can actually be accessed anywhere in the world from the menu, or by visiting him directly.

WUz8B.jpg

One of the biggest problems of the original solved so easily. C'mon NoA...

tha_devil

Just finished dragon quest VI, i really only discovered this franchise on the ds. I now finished iv, v, vi and ix.

I must say i absolute love menu bases battles.

Also i vastly prefer the graphics of 4/5/6 over 7 and 9 (just love me some sprites, its so freaking charming).

Is there any more news when vii comes out in usa/europe?

tha_devil

Sorry guys that i got your hopes up :(

I still dont understand why they take so long...they can just use the translation from the ps2 game right.

fates

Fuck. This bump made me think we might have some sort of news on a western release date.

I just assume these bumps mean someone found the thread after most of the discussion ended.

I've never been disappointed.

.they can just use the translation from the ps2 game right.

They probably can't. And even if they could... they shouldn't. It seems infamous for being generally weak.

And what's taking them so long? That assumes they are interested in localizing it period, which is certainly a mystery in itself.

Varna

F you dude. :(

Sorry guys that i got your hopes up :(

I still dont understand why they take so long...they can just use the translation from the ps2 game right.

They took a lot of effort into the DS releases that didn't do all that well. Maybe they don't think it's worth the effort.

I played about 15 hours of the first one. Honestly, one of the best parts of the game is how there is very little hand holding. The idea of putting radar in there is kind of dumb, but that's where game design has gone in the last 10 years or so.

tha_devil

I played about 15 hours of the first one. Honestly, one of the best parts of the game is how there is very little hand holding. The idea of putting radar in there is kind of dumb, but that's where game design has gone in the last 10 years or so.

well you get enough pointers where to go from characters in towns etc. so dont need radar (only the map can be confusing sometimes where what city is).

Bumped into this report a while ago which, if Google translate is correct, mentions a WiiU version as well.

営業概況
2月度の売上高前年同月比は、既存店で104.0%、全社で106.9%となりました。
中古品に関しては依然厳しい状況が続いているものの、2月7日に発売された新品ゲームソフト「3DS
ドラゴンクエストⅦ エデンの戦士たち」の販売好調に加え、ゲームハード「3DS」および「WiiU」
の売れ行きが順調に推移したこと等により、既存店、全社共に前年同月を上回ることとなりました。

Review of Operations
104.0% in the existing store, year-on-year sales of the degree of February, and 106.9% in the company.
Although used in relation to the situation still continues to be severe, game software "3DS new, which was released on February 7
"In addition to strong sales of game hardware" Warriors of Eden Dragon Quest Ⅶ WiiU "and" 3DS "
It is due to sales of grew steadily, I became that existing stores, both higher than the same month of the previous year the company.

Maybe someone that knows the language could confirm.

Megatron

I guess Nintendo is our only hope to publish this if Square passes? You would think Atlus or someone would have brought these games over that dont ever come over if they could.

Top Bottom