• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 loading problem driving me up the wall.

Desmond

I've posted this in the OT, but received no replies.

I noticed this recently when I wanted to play MP with some Gaffers. I put the disc in, and am greeted with an infinite loading screen, that stupid ring won't stop spinning. The disc is spotless, might I add. Also, other games load fine.

Many on the PS Forums have this same issue but have received no relief thus far. It may be an issue with FW4.0 or TU1.02, but Sony/ND get your shit together.

People have managed to fix it by reinstalling/patching etc...but after 4 repatches no luck yet.Others have suggested clearing the game cache, how is this done on the PS3?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Uncharted 2 had issues with this as well, but from what I can tell they're less prevalent in Uncharted 3. You have to try reconnecting a few times and eventually it works. Don't know what else to tell you.

Ha, I had that problem in Uncharted 2 as well after a few months (patches galore), and as far as I know, it was never resolved. Same problem (except it was a spinning dagger in U2), same 'fix' (reinstall/repatch/etc.).

I don't think ND ever acknowledged it, either.

I just gave up on playing it. Hope it doesn't happen to me in U3.

Desmond

Uncharted 2 had issues with this as well, but from what I can tell they're less prevalent in Uncharted 3. You have to try reconnecting a few times and eventually it works. Don't know what else to tell you.

I fear for the PS3, as everytime it doesn't load, upon quitting to the XMB the PS3 reboots, I don't wanna brick my PS3.

Where's arne?
KuGsj.gif

dunno if it will work (I´m no tech guy or something like that) but try to start the game without being connected to internet????

Just something to try?

Top Bottom