• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

The_Dude

This sounds like the sort of behavior that would be among their ideal responses to the announcements?
I don't know, but it would have been a system seller for me if it was exclusive. I imagine Microsoft would have preferred I buy an X1 at the current price instead of waiting for a price drop.

Okay, this was kind of a big announcement. Why wasn't this game announced at E3?
Did Turn 10 just make a big mistake and ruin the E3 reveal or is this not part of the
huge lot of games coming at E3? If so then, holy shit, must be a lot at E3.

Bgamer90

Banned
I don't know, but it would have been a system seller for me if it was exclusive. I imagine Microsoft would have preferred I buy an X1 at the current price instead of waiting for a price drop.

Forza Horizon 2 is of a niche genre and it isn't part of a popular series. The game wasn't going to sell that many consoles either way.

The game is cross gen but it isn't an up port since both versions will be made by different teams with different engines (similar to sim sports games). This decision lowers the "system seller potential" in terms of the XB1 version but by a very very small amount IMO, since again, the game is of a niche genre, and there will still be some (small number) who will buy an XB1 for Forza Horizon 2 due to them knowing the differences between the versions... I mean, that has been shown in this thread.

So if anything, lowering the XB1 system seller potential by a little bit + making a 360 version would probably be a better financial decision than only having an XB1 version. It's being made by different teams with different engines, so the logic in someone getting an XB1 for Forza Horizon 2 would be similar to a person buying a next gen console for sports games (e.g.: NBA 2K14) but as I said before, Forza Horizon 2 wouldn't have been a big system seller even if it was a true exclusive so if anything I see this move (after reading up on the details of the differences of both versions) as a win win.

Money will come from 360 version sales and Xbox One version sales + there will still be some who will buy an XB1 for Forza Horizon 2 due to the differences between both versions.

W.S.

There being a 360 version doesn't deter me from wanting to get the One version anyway since it's obviously going to be the better looking of the two and has some neat features that won't be on the 360 version.

I don't have a huge problem getting certain games like Strider, Super Time Force, or Max on the 360 since they look good enough but for bigger games like Horizon 2 I'll definitely wait it out and get the One version whenever I get around to buying one.

golem

Okay, this was kind of a big announcement. Why wasn't this game announced at E3?
Did Turn 10 just make a big mistake and ruin the E3 reveal or is this not part of the

I expect live stage demos of both FH2 and SO at E3, so they will still take up time at the presser

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Maybe they don't care about surprising anyone and just want to get the word out there.
yeshrug.png

As mentioned above, FH2 will still be part of the show. It doesn't make a real difference whether you know about it a week before.

2pm? Goddamit.

I'm going in meetings until 4pm. How am I supposed to concentrate knowing there's mountains of info, screens and footage out there. Gah, damn US outlets and their US focused times for distribution of information.

Also really hoping they don't just limit footage to IGN and YT. Send some Gamersyde's way so we can fully appreciate the visuals.

Has it been confirmed that we'll also be getting footage, and not just screens today?

zhao3gold

Banned
S¡mon;114390043 said:
Pumping out Forza games like it's Call of Duty.

It only takes 50 posts to see this kind of comment.

Come on, before you comment, why not go to check the games firstly.

FM and FH are completely different games.

zhao3gold

Banned
After being clarified that XB1 version and 360 version will be handled by different studios and developed by different engines, there are still persons coming in to downplay this game.

Ridiculous as hell!!!!!

Caayn

I'd hope we're getting some footage today. Would be rather disappointing if we didn't. Doesn't have to be much, some footage of a race/event would be enough.

Or a video showcasing the weather system.
Don't expect much, E3 is right around the corner big chances are that they'll show some sort of footage at their conference.

After being clarified that XB1 version and 360 version will be handled by different studios and developed by different engines, there are still persons coming in to downplay this game.

Ridiculous as hell!!!!!

Ignore it. There's no point in getting upset or riled up over those comments.

Don't expect much, E3 is right around the corner big chances are that they'll show some sort of footage at their conference.

You're right, but some gameplay footage today would have been nice. A glimpse at a race/event or just the weather system.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/forza-horizon-2#fbid=ZIO-yMAEMyn

It seems FH2 will be included in the conference.

Now I am 100% confused why MS announced this game one week earlier.

I remembered Phil said they want us to know what MS will talk about during E3. But doing this will kill all excitements and surprises.

I have to keep my E3 expectation low....

A Halo and Forza game being at a MS E3 conference is expected. As long as the surprises stay surprises I'm fine with them announcing stuff early.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/forza-horizon-2#fbid=ZIO-yMAEMyn

It seems FH2 will be included in the conference.

Now I am 100% confused why MS announced this game one week earlier.

I remembered Phil said they want us to know what MS will talk about during E3. But doing this will kill all excitements and surprises.

I have to keep my E3 expectation low....

There is nothing they could show at their conference that was not speculated upon, mentioned and discussed on this board. The idea that because a title was revealed and a few pictures circulated would take away from the impact of a game is ridiculous. MS obviously wanted to monopolize the spot going to E3, and have their fans and others eager to see trailers and demos. They will display segments of those titles they introduced (or rather, reintroduced), present some new first and second party games, have major third party IPs on their stage, and drop two or three strong announcements that they kept close to their chest. It is about being the center of attention from now on till the 9th of the month...and it is paying dividends, imo. Everybody and their friends is anticipating great things, hooked on the tiniest bit of info about this or that franchise, evoking possible megatons and getting ready to follow the conference. Mindshare is being strengthened and, in some case, swayed...

Tinzo

Banned
i didn't like forza horizon at all. loved forza 4 but horizon no. i was playing them with fanatec csr and elite pedals. i think they have rushed things to catch up with Drive club. i really hope it's a good game this time.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned

Ridiculous as hell!!!!!

Seriously, there is some serious salt on this forum. Enjoy games, it's the best. I'm loving that this is going toe to toe with driveclub, will push the teams to make the best game they can...then ultimately we win!

A question people : At what time is the MS conference programmed to start on monday? I reside in Montreal QC by the way...

PS: GMT time would be welcome.

Bgamer90

Banned
i didn't like forza horizon at all. loved forza 4 but horizon no. i was playing them with fanatec csr and elite pedals. i think they have rushed things to catch up with Drive club. i really hope it's a good game this time.

They didn't rush the game to battle with Driveclub. There were rumors about this game (sequel to Horizon) before the PS4 reveal.

Jack cw

Ridiculous as hell!!!!!

Games development works not like GAF thinks. Both versions use the same assets and most of the engine will be interchangebale, because in the end, this game has to deliver the same experience on both systems. Its a good thing that 2 teams are on it but they draw many things from a main pool.

zhao3gold

Banned
There is nothing they could show at their conference that was not speculated upon, mentioned and discussed on this board. The idea that because a title was revealed and a few pictures circulated would take away from the impact of a game is ridiculous. MS obviously wanted to monopolize the spot going to E3, and have their fans and others eager to see trailers and demos. They will display segments of those titles they introduced (or rather, reintroduced), present some new first and second party games, have major third party IPs on their stage, and drop two or three strong announcements that they kept close to their chest. It is about being the center of attention from now on till the 9th of the month...and it is paying dividends, imo. Everybody and their friends is anticipating great things, hooked on the tiniest bit of info about this or that franchise, evoking possible megatons and getting ready to follow the conference. Mindshare is being strengthened and, in some case, swayed...

But make the announcement at the stage will take more than 30 seconds.....

Well, I still prefer to leave the announcement in the conference, not now...

A question people : At what time is the MS conference programmed to start on monday? I reside in Montreal QC by the way...

PS: GMT time would be welcome.

No idea about Montreal man ,but GMT time (which I think we're an hour out from in the UK right now due to the added hour on the clock), it'll be around 4/half 4 in the afternoon. It's definitely around 5/half 5 dinner time here in the uk.

Seriously, there is some serious salt on this forum. Enjoy games, it's the best. I'm loving that this is going toe to toe with driveclub, will push the teams to make the best game they can...then ultimately we win!

I've got the blues about it this morning haha. Things are still brutal in here despite the clarification. No-one's happy in the battlefield hardline thread, everyone thinks the plotline for Homefront is inplausible and therefore game can't be good (Despite videogames). Maybe I need to take up fighting games, the MK guys might be enjoying their game announcement. Not that I'm saying people shouldn't discuss this stuff, but I'm having trouble finding anything but to read.

jetsetrez

For real.

I for one am super happy I'll still be able to get Horizon 2 if I don't get an X1 by the end of the year. Horizon 1 was one of my favorite games of the gen, and Sumo Digital is an EXCELLENT developer. If they can improve on the original, I will be very, very happy to play it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wonder what they can do with the more smartly integrated connectivity of the XBone. The club stuff was already pretty amazing running on old architecture.

Kelsey

Banned

How could they rush this game to compete with a game that had a November 2013 release date and then was delayed and was only just recently given a new release date? Also they don't really compete. One is open world, the other isn't.

If it a different team the only thing I'm worried about is IQ cuz outside of Ryse this system has had horrid IQ on just about every release. Here is hoping they have better understanding of the system.

Forza 1: 2005
Forza 2: 2007
Forza 3: 2009
Forza 4: 2011
Forza Horizon: 2012
Forza 5: 2013
Forza Horizon 2: 2014

Lets guess when Forza 6 will come out?

There is no doubt about it. Microsoft is trying to bet on its main franchises because outside of E3 it is all they have. Anyone trying to argue this isn't becoming like COD is a might bit wrong imo.

zhao3gold

Banned

Yes exactly like Call of Duty.

You do realized FM & FH are different games, don't you?

But I am also think it might be better to give FH a new name without putting it under the "Forza" brand. It confuses many average gamers.

~~Hasan~~

yes some screens tomorrow no mention of vid

meh. I am not very much interested in screenshots because most likely they will be BS. I want real game play videos of the awesome open world.

I don't think graphics wise its any different than Forza 5... I hope I am wrong though

Bgamer90

Banned
There is no doubt about it. Microsoft is trying to bet on its main franchises because outside of E3 it is all they have. Anyone trying to argue this isn't becoming like COD is a might bit wrong imo.

Of course they are trying to bet on their main franchises... It's their main franchises. They aren't going to just ditch them. That doesn't mean that they won't release new IPs/other games alongside their main franchises though.

No, it isn't like COD. Motorsport and Horizon are different games/series going for different play styles with each coming out every 2 years. It would be like saying NBA Live and NBA Street are the same games.

I don't think graphics wise its any different than Forza 5... I hope I am wrong though

The new lighting system alone is going to make it a visual improvement from Forza 5.

derFeef

How dare them making more games of their main franchises. I mean really... sheesh!

Tinzo

Banned
How could they rush this game to compete with a game that had a November 2013 release date and then was delayed and was only just recently given a new release date? Also they don't really compete. One is open world, the other isn't.
they are both arcade racing exclusives.
in the end i don't care at all. as long as it's a great game.
i sold all my MS products and moved on but my heart still beats for forza.

p3tran

Banned
ela IGN, its already tomorrow here, and then some!

pin up the freakin' article!!

edit: yes Collingwood, its old news

zhao3gold

Banned
For real.

I for one am super happy I'll still be able to get Horizon 2 if I don't get an X1 by the end of the year. Horizon 1 was one of my favorite games of the gen, and Sumo Digital is an EXCELLENT developer. If they can improve on the original, I will be very, very happy to play it.

Well, in another tread, some fans from the other side said it is wasting their talent to do this 360 shits.

MS hates, everywhere...

Top Bottom