• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That'd be weird, the beta still works totally fine with the servers off, you just can't do challenges and such.

"PC via Steam
All PC players will get access to the game at the same time globally, starting on 09:01 PST, March 11."

9:01 PST on March 11? What does that even mean? Is it AM or PM? Is this somehow a midnight launch? I'm confused.

9:01 AM on March 11 would be 12:01 PM for me, so that's a minute after the clock strikes noon tomorrow. But that doesn't line up with the 'This game unlocks in 17 hours' thing on Steam...

I need an adult.

Foffy

Banned
"PC via Steam
All PC players will get access to the game at the same time globally, starting on 09:01 PST, March 11."

9:01 PST on March 11? What does that even mean? Is it AM or PM? Is this somehow a midnight launch? I'm confused.

9:01 AM on March 11 would be 12:01 PM for me, so that's a minute after the clock strikes noon. But that doesn't line up with the 'This game unlocks in 17 hours' thing on Steam...

I need an adult.

I remember that feel when Absolution launched. Console friends and unAmericans got it first!

Though I will say, being up till 3 AM EST is gonna be some work. I thought it would take me long to replay Blood Money and Absolution, but I finished both of them earlier in the week.

Could you play it offline at all? The Beta allowed people to play offline, but online was used to track server-side data and the like.

Would be pretty weird to force it on always, though...I imagine the PC community will try to break that very soon, if true.

Just tried forced disconnections via Windows to check what's up.

Paris Story Mode
m1MI07V.jpg

Community Contract

If you start a story mission offline, you're all good. If you're online in any mode and you disconnect, it kicks you back to the menu. No chances to reconnect right then and there.

Huh, since I restarted the game a few times, there's a screen that actually explains part of this.

MUnited83

For you.

Paris Story Mode

Community Contract

If you start a story mission offline, you're all good. If you're online in any mode and you disconnect, it kicks you back to the menu. No chances to reconnect right then and there.

Huh, since I restarted the game a few times, there's a screen that actually explains part of this.

That seems like a really weird way to handle it, but at least it's playable offline I guess.

Contracts mode disappoints so far or I'm doing something wrong.

- Why can't I select my loadout before starting the mission?
- I killed three guys with my hands but why does it say "kill with every/ random weapon" after I finished the contract?
- Where is my time?
- where is the alarm status or the mention of hidden bodies?
- Where is the fucking ship?

What the fuck?

I created my first contract and the only things mentioned are: Targets, weapons (which is false imo, I killed them with my hands) and disguise.

This is not good.

Edit: And I can't see any options to select/ play contracts from friends/ random people/ whatever.

Foffy

Banned

Paris Story Mode

Community Contract

Seems like they upgraded their server-side stuff to be all encompassing. Somewhat smart to expand it for more data, but the Beta didn't kick you from content even if you lost connection, so this can prove to be bullshit.

At the very least, it doesn't allow players to "scum" Elusive Targets by getting the mission, killing their internet, and experimenting. I can see reasons for this attempt beyond greed and control, even if it's implementation here can be prone to hiccups.

Kaz42

Paris Story Mode

Community Contract

Reminds me of one of the souls games. Whenever I would lose my internet connection it would take me back to the title screen and let me play offline.

Are people playing this early? How? I thought it didn't unlock until 12am pacific

It unlocked at 12am on the 11th of March for me (PS4). That was twelve hours and ten minutes ago (AEDT).

Oh, nice! Good for you guys on that side of the world then. I'll have to patiently wait 7 more hours until I can play it.

Reminds me of one of the souls games. Whenever I would lose my internet connection it would take me back to the title screen and let me play offline.

Are people playing this early? How? I thought it didn't unlock until 12am pacific
It unlocked at 12am on the 11th of March for me (PS4). That was twelve hours and ten minutes ago (AEDT).

Edit: I'm in Sydney, Australia. My pre-order was through the Australian PlayStation Store. We're GMT+11 at the moment (AEDT = Australian Eastern Daylight Time). I assume that the first people to get it would have been the kiwis, since New Zealand is GMT+13 right now. They would've got it a little over 14 hours ago.

Chabbles

Downloading now. This is going to be sweet. The beta was good, apart from the tiny levels, so this should have a lot of potential to be great.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: That angel of death. Awesome. I wish I could've had more time to preorder.

BTW, guys, I received in my mail a survey about the beta, and boy it's long.

It's pretty thorough and honest. I like how they're listening to the fans.

pahamrick

For all fellow amazon price mistake PC players: Just got charged and an email that the codes will be available at 9pm PST instead of the 12am PST that was posted earlier.

Profanity

Karak (or anyone else that's played it) - is the briefcase in Episode 1? I know it was in the alpha, but there doesn't seem to have been any footage/details shown of it being present now.

Seems weird since it's front and centre on their advertising.

I bought the full experience on PS4 and I just got on my PS4 and it says everything is unlocked. I go to play it and I was very excited and then it takes me to the screen: "Cannot use the content. To use the content, purchase it from PlayStation Store."

Then it tells me to buy the intro pack.

Kaz42

I haven't pre ordered the game but if I do so now do I get the bonus content?

If you pre order the intro pack on psn the only pre order bonus is the ps4 theme. If you get the full pack you get the white suit and silver gun and the theme.

Edit Nevermind you get the suit and gun with the intro pack as well. Psn store is very light in the details in this area but the add ons showed up in my download list

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Looking forward to this. I am really really sorry if it has been answered before but could some one please tell me what it will cost me to upgrade to full version if I buy the first episode only and like it?

Is that a silver or black silencer? I can't tell in the shot.

Super crummy that his trademark weapon (at least by looks) is a pre-order bonus gun. :(
It's a "chrome" (nickel plated) finish on both the gun and silencer.

The default pistol in the game is the same pistol but in a black finish.

I guess their reasoning is that fans of the series would have preordered at least the intro pack?

those are not silverballers. it's a separate weapon :)
They're nickel plated M1911s. The only thing they're missing are the custom front grips.

Is there a version with the grips in the game? I haven't seen it referenced anywhere yet.

I bought the full experience on PS4 and I just got on my PS4 and it says everything is unlocked. I go to play it and I was very excited and then it takes me to the screen: "Cannot use the content. To use the content, purchase it from PlayStation Store."

Then it tells me to buy the intro pack.
Works fine for me. Maybe check two things:
  1. Did you preorder and download from the same region store as the PSN account you're trying to play with?
  2. Is your PS4 set as the primary console for the account you're trying to play with?

MUnited83

For you.
The silverballers are in the game? I thought they made 47's default weapon the ICA19 (the black pistol), which those chrome ones are a variation of.

We've not seen dual wielding, either..

I thought i read something about the silverballers being included back when the preorders started. Not sure though.

Foffy

Banned
I thought i read something about the silverballers being included back when the preorders started. Not sure though.

If we're going by the Alpha,
the game refers to the black gun as a SIlverballer, which is why people thought the gun could be customized.

Guess 47's trademark weapon is a pre-order throwback. :p

MaKTaiL

If I buy the intro pack and not the full experience that means I will just have to but the episodes as they come out right?

Looking forward to this. I am really really sorry if it has been answered before but could some one please tell me what it will cost me to upgrade to full version if I buy the first episode only and like it?

You can get the Starter Pack for $14.99 and then the Upgrade Pack for $49.99. Instead of the Upgrade Pack you can buy each episode individually as they come out for $9.99. There will be 7 episodes (Paris + 6) in total.

mike6467

Amazon is the greatest. They honored the price glitch. Keys are out!

Key is out, but when I try to use their downloader I get a gateway error...Can get the client from somewhere else (where else could I get it anyway?) and use the key amazon provided me?

EDIT: Just plugged that key into Steam and it's working like a charm, hadn't done that in awhile and forgot it was an option. Woo!!

dreamfall

Key is out, but when I try to use their downloader I get a gateway error...Can get the client from somewhere else (where else could I get it anyway?) and use the key amazon provided me?

If you check your Game & Software tab under your profile, it's a Steam key!

EDIT: Yaaaaas!

Top Bottom