• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

I really hope the final version of MvC:I has a 2 player rematch/character select option.

WY7Yimr.png

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anybody remember Super Ninja Boys and Little Ninja Bros? Wish we had modern versions of that. They were fun co-op games.

CO_Andy

Lot of chatter going around of Melee getting kicked to the curb for next year's EVO

Anybody remember Super Ninja Boys and Little Ninja Bros? Wish we had modern versions of that. They were fun co-op games.
Super Ninja Boys got a lot of rentals in my household during the early SNES days. That and Mystical Ninja were my absolute fave co-op games.

The Kunio games are similar enough to Super Ninja Boys, and are still being pumped out.

New Build of DBZF is trash. I'm off the hype train till they change the game. They removed a huge comboing mechanic from the E3 build and nerfed super damage to worse than MvCi levels. Literally matches will last 5 minutes because nothing does any damage. Game will be DOA in this state. Too many limitations. E3 build was amazing, this one might as well be a Xenoverse.

that's not the kinda thing i wanted to wake up to
You are telling me. I was so hype for this game, I was all on board. When those guys last week were releasing all those cool combos & great matches I was sure the game would be great.

Gamescon build comes around, all that shit is gone. I didn't realize it till I start watching Max's vids & Hellpocket's ones. That's when it really became apparent.

I'm just sad man, it has such potential but it looks like they want to keep it a kids game.

New Build of DBZF is trash. I'm off the hype train till they change the game. They removed a huge comboing mechanic from the E3 build and nerfed super damage to worse than MvCi levels. Literally matches will last 5 minutes because nothing does any damage. Game will be DOA in this state. Too many limitations. E3 build was amazing, this one might as well be a Xenoverse.

That's a shame to hear. I wonder if PC modders can revert the engine to E3/EVO levels.

AAK

Kicking melee out means at least 1,500+ extra people won't attend EVO. They're not going to leave that much money on the table.

I'll see how the game evolves when the final build is being played. I can't really judge a game by watching randoms and scrubs play a beta build. A damage nerf could be fine once people start to play at high levels. One of the things I didn't like about marvel 3 was that the damage was too high for how easy it was to execute. Lower damage output leaves room for more situations and resets which is good for a game that is 1 round per match.

Kicking melee out means at least 1,500+ extra people won't attend EVO. They're not going to leave that much money on the table.

My thoughts exactly. I'd personally be shocked if Melee wasn't at EVO next year.

Could you go into more detail? Perhaps compare the two builds in finer details.

Top Bottom