• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita anniversary Deals (NA) - Free games (Wild Arms, Patapon,...) and discounts

OmahaG8

Damnit, I feel like such a glutton. So many games... I bought the Vita on Sunday and I've been having a field day with so many amazing downloads I've had queued for months on my PS3 via PS+.

Very excited for Oddworld:SW, got PSALBR last night - loving it. Just in general, really having a great time with my Vita.

Also - hello GAF! (from a long, long time lurker)

Balloons-Falling-Colbert-Report.gif

casmith07

This is exciting. My new Vita arrives tomorrow.

What are some must buys, GAF? I'm an adventure, action, sports gamer mostly. Favorites are stuff like Mass Effect, Uncharted, Gears of War, platformers, NCAA Football, etc.

What are some must buys, GAF? I'm an adventure, action, sports gamer mostly. Favorites are stuff like Mass Effect, Uncharted, Gears of War, platformers, NCAA Football, etc.

Persona 4, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet. Oh, and Sound Shapes!

Goon Boon

Banned

A year of playstation plus, (though before that 15 months for 12 months promo ended would have been great) since they just keep giving us decent vita games.

Yopis

Gravity Rush is great imo. Madden is not bad after all the patches.

Gravity Rush is the game that made me fall in love with my Vita. It's such a well made game and it uses the Vita's capabilities in so many good ways.

Grinchy

Banned
I'll suggest Gravity Rush too. It has some frustrating moments and some clunkiness, but despite any minor complaints it was a great ride.

Damnit, I feel like such a glutton. So many games... I bought the Vita on Sunday and I've been having a field day with so many amazing downloads I've had queued for months on my PS3 via PS+.

Very excited for Oddworld:SW, got PSALBR last night - loving it. Just in general, really having a great time with my Vita.

Also - hello GAF! (from a long, long time lurker)

[-IMG]http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Balloons-Falling-Colbert-Report.gif[/IMG]

I approve of the GIF... that is a worthy first post. Welcome, friend. :)

Ricker

Is Wild Arms broken or something...I can't download it,there is just an overview(on PS3,didnt try on the Vita from the Vita store yet)...

ToD_

Nice, grabbed the free games and bought Blazblue, Pure Chess and Sine Mora (with PS+ discounts). Good deals. I'll just have to wait for my 32GB, which should get delivered tomorrow, in order to install the larger ones. The 8GB card really isn't cutting it.

Camjo-Z

is patchwork heroes any good?

Yes, it is very good. It's basically an updated Qix, but the music and artstyle are fantastic.

Unfortunately I don't think I can say the same for Piyotama... deleted that within a few minutes of trying it. I'm usually a fan of puzzle games but the barebones presentation and somewhat convoluted mechanics put me off.

Gadirok

Nice, grabbed the free games and bought Blazblue, Pure Chess and Sine Mora (with PS+ discounts). Good deals. I'll just have to wait for my 32GB, which should get delivered tomorrow, in order to install the larger ones. The 8GB card really isn't cutting it.

pfft... get on my level. I been using a 4gb ever since I got my vita.
Its been terrible dealing with downloading and redownloading but I got used to having one major game on the vita and a select few smaller titles

I could use another 4gb.

Reminds me of the PSP days. I remember a 4gb was just barely enough but I got another 4gb as a backup for my secondary games. That was a blast.

maltrain

First, PERSONA 4 GOLDEN.

Second, PS PLUS.

Then... a lot of games you can choose according to your game preferences.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I feel bad for those people who bought Gravity Rush because someone here recommended it.

Anyway, for the discounts I think I'm going with Sine Mora. That Dokuro game looks boring as sin.

sn00zer

I can only imagine the amount of emails customer service must be getting about not getting free games on PS3

EDIT: Im super content with the games we got...never played any of them, but Ive been meaning to try patapon, wild arms looks great, and know nothing of the other two which only has me excited

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm still surprised that SCEA seems to finally be embracing Toro. Never thought i'd see that.

But they really haven't.
Toro and Kuro were most recently removed from the list of themes within the Wake Up Club app.
It's bizarre that he's pictured for the Vita Bash thing.

zeopower6

I can only imagine the amount of emails customer service must be getting about not getting free games on PS3

EDIT: Im super content with the games we got...never played any of them, but Ive been meaning to try patapon, wild arms looks great, and know nothing of the other two which only has me excited

They could just refer to the part of the blog post which mentions they're free exclusively for the Vita store only since this is meant to be a deal for the Vita anniversary. :p

Eusis

How they handle those two is a very strange contrast with how Nintendo is. Nintendo's better at being universal about this stuff, but with a few exceptions it's like SCEA/SCEE and SCEI are two different companies that happened to agree to sell the same consoles and get first dibs on licensing games.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
But they really haven't.
Toro and Kuro were most recently removed from the list of themes within the Wake Up Club app.
It's bizarre that he's pictured for the Vita Bash thing.
They're launching Toro's Friend Network later this year in the US so it's probably a small push to familiarize more people with him. The blog post for the sale briefly mentions the game.

Last week, we honored the PlayStation Vita system’s one year anniversary by giving you—our awesome fans—great discounts on some of our top games. There is still one more day to pick up the first batch of sales titles, so don’t miss your chance to grab award-winning games like Escape Plan, Sound Shapes, and PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale at a big discount.

Launching PS Vita has been a fun journey for us so far, and we’re excited about the many new things we have in store for you this year, including immersive and unique games like Killzone: Mercenary and Tearaway. In addition, we’ll be bringing you new ways to interact with your friends as seen in our recently announced Friend Network.

Some pics from the announcement post.

Top Bottom