• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania - Pre-Order Trailer (out August 15th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New thread for new stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvD8NZN9Zsg

DBFw9iLXoAAodB3.jpg

Is that Stardust Speedway with the robot plants?!

MrBadger

The animation and music is so perfect. I also really like the trash compactor in Flying Battery

It was obvious that they'd pick Stardust Speedway for this, but now I'm curious whether the entire stage will be set in that beautiful past backdrop (I'm fine with that) or will the stage have time travel? And I wonder if Metal Sonic's kicking about somewhere. We've seen several imitations of the Sonic CD race so I wouldn't object to him sitting this game out.

Neoxon

So are we getting animated cutscenes, & did the Sonic CD animation team come back for them & the ones in this trailer?

Hasney

So are we getting animated cutscenes, & did the Sonic CD animation team come back for them & the ones in this trailer?

Probably not bar an intro that this can be and it's not Sonic CD. The description in the video says who did it.

Ozone

I also loved the elevator buttons signifying this is the true successor to Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Got to play this game at PAX East, and it controls exactly how you want it to.

August 15th can't come soon enough!

This was done by Tyson Heese, who worked on the Sonic comics (including the recent Classic Sonic one-off Sonic: Mega Drive, which looks basically identical to this).

@kinucakes, lead animator on Skullgirls also contributed.

Sami+

Agreed, trying to keep my expectations low. Sonic Cycle can't always be accurate, right?

Sonic Cycle went away for a really long time but ironically it looks to be back in full swing for Forces. Bummer, but at least we have Mania which looks amaaaaaaazing.

Jazzem

I really can't decide which platform to get this for (Switch, PC, PS4). Any visual benefit on PC?

I imagine only in the sense of improved CRT/scanline filter options possible via SweetFX or other software, though to be fair the base game may already have something similar.

MarkusRJR

Wow the game looks so good. So hyped to play both this and Sonic Forces. Haven't been this excited for a Sonic game since Generations.

Also at the end of the trailer it says digital pre-orders are up, does that include Switch?

Sonic Cycle went away for a really long time but ironically it looks to be back in full swing for Forces. Bummer, but at least we have Mania which looks amaaaaaaazing.
What's wrong with Sonic Forces? If it's about the custom character creator, don't the custom characters just play like normal Sonic? Wouldn't surprise me if they were completely optional imo.

EDarkness

Damn, that was a nice trailer. I was already interested in the game, but that trailer made me even more so. August 15th isn't that far off, either.

I really can't decide which platform to get this for (Switch, PC, PS4). Any visual benefit on PC?

I'll be going PC for cheaper price (most likely) and the better controller. Wish I could get it on Switch but no thanks @ playing a 2D game on an analog stick.

Oh man, they used the Sonic The Movie artstyle for this trailer. Turns out the best people to be working on Sonic games are the fans themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom