• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV UCE - Shipping from SE Store

FireVoa

Mine was delivered to Canada, Toronto and was now in transit... But that was almost 4 days ago. At what point do I start to worry about not receiving my order? I called USPS but they don't have any further information on the package now that it's out of their hands and being distributed by another (Canada Post? Purolator?) which they didn't specify either.

And one final query, what is the section in my order history that has,

"FINAL FANTASY® XV ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PS4]

Delivery Status: Shipped

UNLOCK ACTIVATION KEY"

Is that the cd key for the game? Cause if so I will happily download it digitally and use the cd game and continue waiting for my UCE. I just don't want to activate anything if this thing is lost in the postal void and I need to get my money back.

Zomba13

So yeah, mine arrived 3pm GMT (the DPD estimate was between 2:59pm and 359pm so pretty good estimate) and I've spent the time watching Brotherhood and Kingsglaive and the extra features on that. not played much of the game at all because my aunt and cousin stopped by for a few hours so I couldn't play and now I'm sleepy. I've done the tutorials and pushed a car so far lol. I didn't know the clothing gave bonuses and one of them gives unlimited stamina for sprinting it seems.

Sucks about the commentary on Brotherhood being JP audio only with no subs. And the soundtrack seems pretty full just quickly looking at the number of tracks in the menu so that is always nice compared to a sampler with like 4 tracks on it. Not looked at the art book yet because of fear of spoilers but will dive into it once I'm done.

The Noctis figure was a bastard to get the weapons in the hands but it looks good, my stand was a bit fucky with the hinge bits as one had plastic sticking in the screw-hole making it super annoying to put together. Figure looks good though and I checked the SE store to see how much regular Noctis goes for and it's £83!

Also, loving the box with the Amano art on it. Very very nice though a bit of a shame it doesn't just unwrap fully so I can stick it on my wall. All the boxes are nice actually, the box in a box with two boxes in it, all nice looking. Very well presented package.

Still salty about the lack of the Season Pass though.

demigod

OMFG, these clowns mixed my work address with my home zip code so now its going in a loop at usps facility and post office. I can't even pay to get it intercepted. How the hell did this get past UPS is beyond me.

Tada
CyeQPhCXAAEqaC6.jpg

Fuck you "No Refund" Sticker

Who approved this shit!
Who approved the ruining of an ultimate collector's edition box?!

I feel your pain.

That no refund sticker is the shitty awful kind that falls apart and leaves a bunch of sticky gunk on the box. This is actually a really, really nice CE so why did you ruin it with this shitty sticker Squenix?

Otherwise holy crap at the packaging, it's box within box within box with boxes inside the box. It's like boxception or something. They really wanted to make sure it wasn't damaged during shipping.

Giant Noctis is plastic as I expected, but he's better than the shitty dragon that came with the FFXIV Heavensward CE. At least he's not Lightning, so there's that. He's a pretty detailed action figure though and his weapon has nice details on it too.

I think it would have been cool if the 30,000 owners of this CE had a custom version of the game which showed as "Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collector's Edition" in people's Friends lists while they were playing it so my friends know to point and laugh at me for spending $280 on this.

MrBS

Mine got delivered to my forwarder at 9am and went the whole day without them marking it as received. I'm sure nothing is wrong there *cough*

demigod

Paid for next day delivery. UPS claims my address doesn't exist. x.x

Check your invoice, fucking scalefast (company that handles square's store) put my home zip code to my work address. Im going to have to go out to my local post office tmrw and see if it was sent back to them.

Check your invoice, fucking scalefast (company that handles square's store) put my home zip code to my work address. Im going to have to go out to my local post office tmrw and see if it was sent back to them.
Everything's right. I think the delivery guy was late and didn't want to deliver to a gated community at night. When I called, customer service was confused, but couldn't help me and told me that it would take 2 business days before they could attempt another delivery because it takes that long for the system to update that I live at this address. I opted to go pick up the package, which is not at a close location. I'm not happy because I paid for overnight shipping. I wonder if I can get a refund for the shipping.

BBboy20

My copy was in a town 13 miles away yesterday. Tracking indicated that it arrived at my town at 11:55am. Called USPS, say that their status is different and indicates it's still in near-by town. Called UPS and say that they did sent but is in the storage portion of said post office. Tried calling USPS again for 30 minutes until closing time. No anvil.

Can't get my shit despite being RIGHT FUCKING THERE! Ugh. -_--

Anyone in the U.K who ordered the UCE...were the postcards put in as seemingly an afterthought, right under the cardboard packing flaps where you need to cut through the tape? Thankfully I was super careful or I would have sliced right through them.

LiK

Mine arrived 11/29 instead of 11/30. UPS figured out leaving it in the warehouse for so long was stupid. Still playing another game so I won't be unboxing it until I finish that game.

R-User!

You just need a hair dryer, just dont burn the box. Where are the other two stickers?

Just the standard clear circles preventing you from opening the box without sliding a blade through them or peeling them off hastily and having them peel off artwork simultaneously.

Everyone here should use a hair dryer for these stickers and have some extreme patience.

I got my stickers of with NO residue left behind by pulling very slowly after heating them up very hot!

Anyone in the U.K who ordered the UCE...were the postcards put in as seemingly an afterthought, right under the cardboard packing flaps where you need to cut through the tape? Thankfully I was super careful or I would have sliced right through them.

Yup, couldn't believe it.

Thankfully I was only using a pen lid to open.

Acidote

Yup, you could even see the border of them on the side before cutting the tape. I would have cut them had I not seen that border.

Niwa

So I've ordered 3 of these for me and family/friend and when we finally opened the Package up there were plastic pieces flying all over the box with the artbook and games inside, the holding plastic thing was completely shattered and the games where flying around that box. Seriously fucked up.

Square Enix Store offered a 10% Discount Code for the Square Enix Store lmao and two other options where we have to send it back at our cost.

I'm pretty dissapointed.

Zomba13

Yup, you could even see the border of them on the side before cutting the tape. I would have cut them had I not seen that border.

Yeah same. Saw them poke out a bit under the flap so knew to be careful.

Were there any codes or anything sent via email (at least for UK people)? Stuff like extra preorder DLC or anything or is it all just the leaflet in the game case? Because I'm an idiot that doesn't have access to the email address used to order the game so I'm not sure.

My copy arrived yesterday since I was close enough to a customer facility and they decided to just send it to me rather than give it to USPS. To actually have a copy of Final Fantasy XV in my house is....weird. Strange.

kaiyo

Mine was delivered to Canada, Toronto and was now in transit... But that was almost 4 days ago. At what point do I start to worry about not receiving my order? I called USPS but they don't have any further information on the package now that it's out of their hands and being distributed by another (Canada Post? Purolator?) which they didn't specify either.

And one final query, what is the section in my order history that has,

"FINAL FANTASY® XV ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PS4]

Delivery Status: Shipped

UNLOCK ACTIVATION KEY"

Is that the cd key for the game? Cause if so I will happily download it digitally and use the cd game and continue waiting for my UCE. I just don't want to activate anything if this thing is lost in the postal void and I need to get my money back.
My got delivered an hour ago. Was in customs for a few days. It was released from customs yesterday afternoon

You can use the tracking number on Canada Post

Pejo

So good news, even though the shipping method was super confusing and shady, I got my UCE last night.

That was definitely one of the most stressful shipment tracking ordeals that I've ever had, though.

UCE is really nice!

japanese

Banned
https://www.change.org/p/square-enix-final-fantasy-versus-reboot
This is that link

When translated into English it says like this
FINAL FANTASY XV released on November 29, 2016 was a big betraying the fans' expectations
I felt that the remark by Mr. Tabata Edda did not reach the quality which can be released to the world with many contradictions with the product version.
Therefore we strongly hope to restart FINAL FANTASY versus XIII which is the predecessor of FINAL FANTASY XV.
More specifically, Tetsuya Nomura of the former director and Kazunari Nojima of the story draft will be appointed again, making works that are faithful to the versusu XIII system and stories.
And I strongly hope not to involve BD 2 staff, including Mr. Tabata who was involved in XV, and Saori Saeki Lead Scenario Designer.
Please sign if you do not mind.

BBboy20

How do you get these weapons on these hands? Is this normal for these Play Arts figures?

Anyways: I finally have it.

clem84

Gold Member
Is China the quickest route between the US and Canada?

When the SE store shipped my UCE, they sent me a link to the USPS website for the tracking information. When I visit the link now this is what it tells me:

November 23, 2016 , 10:45 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Facility LA VERGNE, TN 37086
November 24, 2016 , 12:00 am Arrived at USPS Facility NASHVILLE, TN 37227
November 25, 2016 , 6:35 am Arrived at USPS Facility MIAMI, FL 33112
November 25, 2016 , 7:44 pm Arrived at Facility ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
November 25, 2016 , 7:45 pm Processed Through Facility ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
November 26, 2016 , 1:29 pm Arrived MIAMI, UNITED STATES
November 26, 2016 , 11:34 pm Departed MIAMI, UNITED STATES
November 27, 2016 , 1:53 am Departed LOUISVILLE, UNITED STATES
November 28, 2016 , 8:30 am Departed LOUISVILLE, UNITED STATES
November 28, 2016 , 10:58 am Departed ANCHORAGE, UNITED STATES
November 30, 2016 , 10:46 am Departed ANCHORAGE, UNITED STATES
November 30, 2016 , 4:00 pm Departed HONG KONG
November 30, 2016 , 8:06 pm Departed HONG KONG

Your item departed from an intermediate transfer airport in CHIANG KAI SHEK, TAIPEI, TAIWAN on November 30, 2016 at 9:50 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

November 30, 2016 , 9:50 pm Departed TAIPEI, TAIWAN

lol

I kinda chuckled when I saw that. I contacted the SE store and asked them to look into it. To be continued...

Kirye

How do you get these weapons on these hands? Is this normal for these Play Arts figures?

Anyways: I finally have it.

The sword has to be squeezed in to the hand with the open slot. It's a really tight squeeze. As for the spear I have no idea. I sort of got it in with the open hand holding on to the middle of the spear.

demigod

Usps managed to send my package to 3 different post office. Instead of looking up the the street name and number, they bounced it around the zip code. I woke up early and saw my package arrived at the 3rd post office, gave them a ring and they located my package and let me take it. The guy knew it was me since i gave him my name and he saw the only asian there, lol. He was busy so he just gave me the package without even asking for my ID.

You guys were not kidding about that no refund sticker, good thing i have long fingernails. Managed to get it off without heating it.

What i did was press the sword and spear where the 4 fingers were. For the spear i also had to pull the thumb out a bit, it wasn't too hard.

PaiiNx

Neo Member
Is China the quickest route between the US and Canada?

When the SE store shipped my UCE, they sent me a link to the USPS website for the tracking information. When I visit the link now this is what it tells me:

November 23, 2016 , 10:45 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Facility LA VERGNE, TN 37086
November 24, 2016 , 12:00 am Arrived at USPS Facility NASHVILLE, TN 37227
November 25, 2016 , 6:35 am Arrived at USPS Facility MIAMI, FL 33112
November 25, 2016 , 7:44 pm Arrived at Facility ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
November 25, 2016 , 7:45 pm Processed Through Facility ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
November 26, 2016 , 1:29 pm Arrived MIAMI, UNITED STATES
November 26, 2016 , 11:34 pm Departed MIAMI, UNITED STATES
November 27, 2016 , 1:53 am Departed LOUISVILLE, UNITED STATES
November 28, 2016 , 8:30 am Departed LOUISVILLE, UNITED STATES
November 28, 2016 , 10:58 am Departed ANCHORAGE, UNITED STATES
November 30, 2016 , 10:46 am Departed ANCHORAGE, UNITED STATES
November 30, 2016 , 4:00 pm Departed HONG KONG
November 30, 2016 , 8:06 pm Departed HONG KONG

Your item departed from an intermediate transfer airport in CHIANG KAI SHEK, TAIPEI, TAIWAN on November 30, 2016 at 9:50 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

November 30, 2016 , 9:50 pm Departed TAIPEI, TAIWAN

lol

I kinda chuckled when I saw that. I contacted the SE store and asked them to look into it. To be continued...

Ye, pretty much the same. Here in Italy EU my package not only missed the date of 30/11 as delivery date but now its much more further away from me than yesterday :S

FireVoa

So my fears became reality and my package went to the wrong address and was RTS back to the US. So... does anyone know what the next best "combo" for this game was? Did any other version include the seasons pass or anything? I'm just so annoyed and disheartened at the moment and I just want to get a copy of the game now.

hirokazu

Not sure if there were other ways to get it, but the Cindymobile skin was a reward for participating in week 12 of the Carbuncle Surprise promotion.
Everyone who preordered should've been automatically eligible for the Carbuncle Surprise though? Or did I read the terms and conditions wrong?

@matthewrex: The code is in your order when you log in to the SE store, not sent physically with the game. Go to your order after you log in and there should be a button that says "Unlock activation code" or something like that.

Top Bottom