• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 6 is coming to the west

Backflip

I just wish they would add subtitles in European languages. Some people in Europe would like to try the franchise but won't do it because it is dialogue heavy and they don't speak English.

Bishop89

I just wish they would add subtitles in European languages. Some people in Europe would like to try the franchise but won't do it because it is dialogue heavy and they don't speak English.

im pretty sure its been a monumental effort to just get the english translations.

Dont see sega trying with any others

Backflip

im pretty sure its been a monumental effort to just get the english translations.

Dont see sega trying with any others

I know that it is a huge and expensive undertaking. But a lot of people won't give the series a chance as long as they can't understand what's being said in the game.

So at this point is only 5 unavailable in physical format?

I soooooo wish Sega could have got something going with Limited Run Games on that one. :(

Oh well. I'm really happy and grateful the three upcoming games are going physical. Whoever's reading this, I really appreciate the lengths they've gone through with the series in the past while.

cj_iwakura

Ohhh its still going? Maybe I was reading about a different one recently. Gonna keep the hope alive in that case!

Yep.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/kurohyō-...ack-panther-translation-project.371411/page-8
Hi guys, really sorry for the long silence.

The update : nothing has been done since several months.
I told the team at the start of summer that if there was no progress done at the end of summer, I'll consider that it's time to put an end to the project, and to release what we have done.
But I want to polish things a little bit before releasing it, and I just didn't found the motivation and the time to do it yet.
So I don't give you a release date, just that I'll keep my promise to release what's done, which is mainly the main story,whenever I find the will to do it. Maybe when Yakuza 0 gets out, maybe before.

Or if someone wants to help translate things, we could always keep the work going.

IrishNinja

^that's actually reassuring, KHH was just saying it was pretty much done on their end because they didn't see them going back & doing substories, but the main quest & a few other bits were done so they'd at least put that out there. still far better than nothing!

Top Bottom