• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PS Pro patch isn't happening, is it?

Alo0oy

Banned
Are they doing Bloodborne 2 already? It's going to be 2 years soon. What is taking so long? Was this not massively successful? Sony can't just give up on this.

FROM software release their games ~6-8 months after the announcement, so I wouldn't worry if they haven't announced it yet.

J4g3r

Hoping we hear something at PSX to be honest. SIE Japan Studio is there so...

I booted up Bloodborne when I got my Pro out of curiosity and god damn does that game look rough after playing 200+ hours of Dark Souls 3 on PC.

DieH@rd

Banned
Yeah, the press releases looked very clean...

$

$

$

http://www.heypoorplayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/bloodbornescreens3.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wx1bs7z4ZI8/maxresdefault.jpg

I don't know what's worse. That we won't get access to downsampling on 1080p TVs or that we are forced to endure the awful CA that FROM did not use in their promotional material.

This is something I have a question about. Why is this a concern on consoles? It happens on PC all the time in online games does it not? Someone could be running at 60, others could be running lower than that depending on your hardware.

It's a concern on consoles simply because Sony thinks it is.

They'll think otherwise if buyers voice their opinion about it being a non-issue (or, at least, mine).

Persona7

Banned
No its not, they use a completely different engine for bloodborne, that's one of the reasons why studio japan is even involved.

Everyone agrees that Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne share an engine. I can't find any source mentioning a brand new engine solely for Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3.

This well known user also seems to think they share engines

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199410372&postcount=636
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199411690&postcount=652

Alo0oy

Banned
Everyone agrees that Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne share an engine. I can't find any source mentioning a brand new engine solely for bloodborne and Dark Souls 3.

This well known user also seems to think they share engines

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199410372&postcount=636
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199411690&postcount=652

They abandoned DS2's engine most likely, it's pretty clear when you play it, BB and DS3 either use a brand new engine, or a heavily modified one. There's no way they use the same engine.

Persona7

Banned
They abandoned DS2's engine most likely, it's pretty clear when you play it, BB and DS3 either use a brand new engine, or a heavily modified one. There's no way they use the same engine.

I find it hard to believe that they worked on numerous games in such a short time period while also developing an entirely new engine.

Dark Souls 2

Bloodborne

Dark Souls 2 PS4 and XBO port

Dark Souls 3

all within two years and overlapping development. Seems to be heavily modified.

Alo0oy

Banned
I find it hard to believe that they worked on numerous games in such a short time period while also developing an entirely new engine.

Dark Souls 2

Bloodborne

Dark Souls 2 PS4 and XBO port

Dark Souls 3

all within two years and overlapping development. Seems to be heavily modified.

But every engine is heavily modified, even proprietary engines are sometimes heavily modified UE4. There's no point in saying they use the same engine if the only things kept are backend stuff that is mostly irrelevant to me and you.

Fbh

Yeah I doubt it.
And it's really a shame that the best exclusive on the system won't be getting the Pro treatment when most other high profile exclusives have.

Even freaking Knack is getting a pro mode...KNACK!!

Knowing From, BB performance is very likely CPU bound, so a Pro patch would do nothing in that regard.

Performance wise Yeah. Plus they might want to keep the multiplayer aspect balanced so the best one could hope for is locked 30fps (which will still feel kinda bad with the frame pacing issues).

But in terms of IQ they could surely do something.

finalflame

Gold Member
FROM isn't exactly savvy on the tech front. They struggle even with the simplest tech implementations. I can't see them diverting resources to this, unfortunately.

Zackat

If there was any sort of PS Pro patch for this game I would buy a PS Pro. Plain and simple. I have no enthusiasm for it right now other than that.

SirNinja

Knowing From, BB performance is very likely CPU bound, so a Pro patch would do nothing in that regard.

Even if the framerate couldn't be improved very much, greater resolution/AA/etc would go a long way towards improving image quality.

It's crazy that some PS4 launch titles are getting Pro patches and one of the system's biggest exclusives isn't.

Interfectum

Even if the framerate couldn't be improved very much, greater resolution/AA/etc would go a long way towards improving image quality.

It's crazy that some PS4 launch titles are getting Pro patches and one of the system's biggest exclusives isn't.

If I were a betting man, I'd say they drop the bomb at PSX. Unless there's some tech reason why it can't be updated for Pro, it will be, IMO.

If there was any sort of PS Pro patch for this game I would buy a PS Pro. Plain and simple. I have no enthusiasm for it right now other than that.

Ditto, seeing as I already bought a regular PS4 just for Bloodborne.

Though this is purely hypothetical; I don't know why people are holding out hope because Sony have specifically said games with online mtiplayer won't get a patch in order to ensure people with 60fps don't have an advantage over 30fps. Even though PC gaming has that happen all the time due to different specs, and it's no big deal.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
It's frustrating Sony can't get them to do it. Even just allowing it to run in Pro mode for better performance would be great. Considering we never got a frame pacing fix (the problem even persisted into DS3) it seems like this feedback is just not getting through to FROM at all. I wish I knew how to change that.

Yeah the little chance I gave to this getting a patch is now dead. Time to move from hoping for bloodborne pro patch to bloodborne sequel.

Freeman76

Yes, I'm disappointed too.

Man, I was waiting the entire conference for it.

Never expect technical brilliance from FROM, they are masters of doing just enough from a performance standpoint. They dont even put trophies in their DLC and they have definitely moved on from this now.

Top Bottom