• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PS Pro patch isn't happening, is it?

Seems to be the most requested update aaaand not a peep from anyone.

Unless I've missed some news. Then by all means enlighten me, GAF.

Tweet - The Old Ones demand it

#BloodborneProPatch

@yosp @fromsoftware_pr @SonyJapanStudio @Bloodborne_PS4 @YasuhiroKitao

I doubt it, but if they do, even if all they did was a res bump + fixed framepacing I would be very content.

Maybe if nothing is announced by PS4 Pro launch tweet someone.

Ray Down

Banned
It+s+not+happening+half+life+3+unconfirmed_2708f4_4656469.gif

Shu is a big fan of Bloodborne and will probably voice in his vote. However, FROM Software are done revisiting the game, and its fully patched up with DLC and bug fixes.

Honestly, Pro patch maybe complicated for it, but I'd love a 60fps patch (lol).

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
didn't they say they wouldn't let multiplayer games run at 60fps if it doesn't run that on ps4? so wouldn't that mean no to bloodborne? if they did then they'd only do it for offline mode.

Considering they've said online modes need to have parity between regular and Pro, I'm betting no, since online is ingrained so deeply in the SP of BB and DS3. The only way it would work is make the pro patch only work if you put the game strictly in offline mode which is something very few people probably do.

People have hypothesized that due to the multiplayer components of the Souls games, they won't get a Pro upgrade, which is weak as shit. All I wanted was Bloodborne at 60 FPS. I don't even want a pro anymore.

People have hypothesized that due to the multiplayer components of the Souls games, they won't get a Pro upgrade, which is weak as shit. All I wanted was Bloodborne at 60 FPS. I don't even want a pro anymore.

That's pretty true though. If all MP games have to run equal they can't put the game at 60fps if the PS4 version runs at 30FPS.

bargeparty

You guys realize that there's more to upgrade than just FPS right? I still maintain that if FROM wanted, they could make it so you were forced offline if you chose a 60fps mode, and if you went online it locked to 30.

But I feel as if it won't get Pro support at all.

Only in target framerate iirc.

True, but that seems to be the #1 thing people want from a patch.

But, in all honesty, I just want them to spend their time working on new projects. Bloodborne is completely playable, with the frame pacing being an issue, but something I can easily adjust to

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Even if it did, which I doubt it will, it probably won't be 60fps due to the fact that MP modes have to have the same target framerate.

Fixed frame pacing and improved image quality would go a long way though.

You guys realize that there's more to upgrade than just FPS right? I still maintain that if FROM wanted, they could make it so you were forced offline if you chose a 60fps mode, and if you went online it locked to 30.

But I feel as if it won't get Pro support at all.

They could do that. I don't think would go over too well though.

Heartfyre

didn't they say they wouldn't let multiplayer games run at 60fps if it doesn't run that on ps4? so wouldn't that mean no to bloodborne? if they did then they'd only do it for offline mode.

Considering they've said online modes need to have parity between regular and Pro, I'm betting no, since online is ingrained so deeply in the SP of BB and DS3. The only way it would work is make the pro patch only work if you put the game strictly in offline mode which is something very few people probably do.

Yet, in spite of that statement, Nioh is a thing.

I think it could still be coming.

Sony is being mum about PS4 Pro to put the focus on PSVR.

I reckon you'll start to hear a lot more new stuff about PS4 Pro in the coming month leading up to release.

Banned
Bloodborne robbed again.

I was sure all Sony first party stuff or exclusives would get retroactive Pro support.

AmyS

I think Bloodborne and Dark Souls III have an equally low chance of getting PS4 Pro patches. 10% chance each.

Bloodborne is older, but exclusive to PS4. DS3 is newer, but is on 3 platforms.

Wait, did that make any sense? Haven't had enough coffee this morning.

Just do it FROM.

From didn't fix the frame-pacing problem from Bloodborne across to DS3 and yet had a whole year to do so.

I'd say the chances of a Pro patch for either is practically zero.

Why would it

FROM doesn't give a shit about performance. I have no idea why anyone would expect a Pro update when they never fixed the framepacing to begin with

There's very little incentive. If anything, I could see it coming for DS3, simply to help push DLC, but since we haven't heard anything about that, I see no reason why a BB patch would be forthcoming.

Top Bottom