• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport PSX 2016 Trailer

Weird putting stuff like HDR as new features into a trailer. That will be pretty much standard for upcoming releases, no? Maybe not as weird as promoting their photomode like last time haha

Still want a proper GT7 but I can wait.

Weird putting stuff like HDR as new features into a trailer. That will be pretty much standard for upcoming releases, no? Maybe not as weird as promoting their photomode like last time haha

Still want a proper GT7 but I can wait.

speaking of which, does the PS4 Pro save photos/screenshots in HDR?

Celcius

°Temp. member
That looked amazing to me. 60 fps locked makes a HUGE difference (that looked way smoother than GT6 to my eyes) and the details on the cars was incredible.

Tyl3n0L85

Neo Member
Gran Turismo trailers are always amazing and always makes the game look and feels better than it actually is. I remain sceptical

Lo-Volt

Incredible car models and lovely lighting, but watching spectators literally pop into view at the oval race track near the end of the trailer, as the camera keeps up with the race cars. They aren't going to be as well-modeled as the Nissan GT-R or whichever hero car you point to, of course. But still, ugh.

cooldawn

The PSX 2016 stream was terrible quality compared to this.

Gobsmacked! I didn't realise how many different environmental settings we would be able to choose from. I mean it might not be dynamic but christ they look astonishing.

If any developer can get exacting standards out of a 4K HDR set it's these boys and girls. Once this hits I'll be buying one too.

Fucking hell. Possibly the best visuals I've ever seen (on a normal SDR screen too!).

Looks insanely good. Fuck, I might need to get a Pro for this. The part on the Ring with the lights reflecting from the road ;____;

I've watched the trailer several times. Just FRIGGIN AMAZING!

I'll get a Pro for this. And PSVR if there is enough cars and tracks that support it!

I really hope Seattle is back.

During the gameplay unveil there we saw the words "Seattle Short" on stream with track times. But the track never was actually shown or even hinted at outside of that. It was bizarre to say the least. But it's worth noting that when PD brought Midfield back for GT6 they noted that Seattle was also one of the highly requested tracks.

Anyway, it's great to finally get a classic style GT trailer. The other trailers had hints of it, but there was always something off. This is the first one to really hit all the right notes

gtskdst0.gif

I was going to say I was surprised they didn't show any new tracks but Horse Thief Mile @Willow is in according to a gtplanet post, so that's something.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
During the gameplay unveil there we saw the words "Seattle Short" on stream with track times. But the track never was actually shown or even hinted at outside of that. It was bizarre to say the least. But it's worth noting that when PD brought Midfield back for GT6 they noted that Seattle was also one of the highly requested tracks.

Thanks! I hope it's in its original layout, unlike Rome. I know the King Dome is gone so maybe?

Woodchipper

No earlier than holiday 2017. Would not be surprised if pushed to summer 2018. This is Polyphony Digitial we're dealing with after all.

Mush

The delay has obviously done wonders for this but I still would like a rough date other than "2017".

Has potential, but their trailers are always 10x better than the actual game is. Plus it's all riding on a locked 60fps framerate, which they have failed to hit far too often. Let's see if Kaz actually delivers this time.

Haroldo

So yeah gentlemen, looking at a particular photo at the gematsu gallery there seems to be a porsche logo...
On the upper part of the screen its written porsche manthey which is a team that runs at the 24h nurburgring. It could be nothing but I think it's worth pointing out.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This almost feels like the first game developed specifically with PS4 Pro in mind. It should be a total treat.

So yeah gentlemen, looking at a particular photo at the gematsu gallery there seems to be a porsche logo...

On the upper part of the screen its written porsche manthey which is a team that runs at the 24h nurburgring. It could be nothing but I think it's worth pointing out.
Might just belong to the track, Le Mans in Forza 5 also had Porsche logos and had no Porsche DLC.

Also every fucking game will have Porsches next year, if GTS doesn't have them day1 you will get some Porsches as DLC just like cars for every other brand out there. Only one game will have a Porsche partnership that extends to making simulators for the Porsche museum, Porsche driving schools and experience centers though ;)

Top Bottom