• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

StayDead

Stupid question, but weekly sortie quests don't count if you don't have them open right?

Do they keep their progress if you switch out?

anderedna

Stupid question, but weekly sortie quests don't count if you don't have them open right?

Do they keep their progress if you switch out?

Yes, you need to activate them for it to be counted.
It'll retain the progress so just deactivate them if you want to do another quests.

I have never even attempted 5-5. The whole map looks like ass.

Use exactly 2CV + 1CVL + 3Wildcards to avoid subs node. Node E still sucks tho, and of course, 20% off route. 10 runs: 8 FUBAR and 2 off route. Boss node? Where's that...

anderedna

Yeah CL way better.

First 10 run, I was stupid and use that sub troll route. 10 runs, none reach the boss.
Changed to the better routing formation, CVL keep on being taiha at A node. Otherwise offroute to L. Reached the boss node once, ABKM taiha so no sub kill. Seriously annoying coz of the off route crap, and that opening torps. Need Taiyo kai ni for reliable sub kill, I guess.

This flipping Re class...

IronRaven

yYiNf5V.png

Nagato Kai Ni get! Woohoo!

Is Taiyou specifically good against subs?

At Kai Ni, yes. She can do OASW with only 60 ASW.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wait... CVLs can OASW?? I never knew. lol
(Oh, Taiyou is like a useful Ryuuhou!)

I feel bad for saying this, but I got lucky and cleared that 5-5 quest on my first go... :(

StayDead

I think for the next event I need to level the following:

Abukuma to k2
Maya to k2 (she's like 5 levels off)
Haruna to k2 (she's like 5 levels off)
Fubuki to k2
Jintsuu to k2
Ryuujou to k2 (she's like 2 levels off now)
Kiso to k2
Isuzu to whatever
Akatsuki to k2

I think as long as I've got them up I should fare a little bit better, then I get some OASW, better AA cut-ins than just Uzuki (iirc) and some extra firepower.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Abubear and Maya are probably top priority of those.
Fubuki comes with the fire director if you don't have any of them yet, but otherwise, she's kind of average compared to Poi, Shigure and Ayanami.

taiyou's gimmick. other cvl cannot oasw
I wonder if the next event will have some map where you'll want Taiyou. She is so useless on normal maps (and keeps exploding against battleships lol).

anderedna

I think for the next event I need to level the following:

Abukuma to k2
Maya to k2 (she's like 5 levels off)
Haruna to k2 (she's like 5 levels off)
Fubuki to k2
Jintsuu to k2
Ryuujou to k2 (she's like 2 levels off now)
Kiso to k2
Isuzu to whatever
Akatsuki to k2

I think as long as I've got them up I should fare a little bit better, then I get some OASW, better AA cut-ins than just Uzuki (iirc) and some extra firepower.
Abukuma and Maya is priority. ABKM is self explained. Maya since you don't have Akizuki class DD for AACI.

DD: Satsuki could do special AACI but her kai ni level is quite high. Same goes with Asashio Kai Ni D(85). Both of later ships has awesome ASW as well so have a look at them. Fubuki is kinda average on all front so you could hold on leveling her. Alternatively, look for Hatsushimo kai ni as she also have AAFD and ample luck for TCI. Hold on on Akatsuki as well, she's average. Instead, look for Kasumi and Verniy as they could bring Daihatsu to have better damage on installation.

CL: Sendai sisters have low kai ni level, not that hard to get all three of them. You also have Ooyodo which could help. Nothing much on CL part, all CL have almost the same stats except Abukuma, and hopefully incoming Yura KN.

CA(V): All Myouko class ships at kai ni and all Mogami class ships at kai and you're good. Have Aoba if you want TCL but Myouko alone is enough.

CVL: Level up fast CVL first as lots of maps require them, slow one just get Junyou. Get Chiyoda and Chitose as AV at respectable level and you're good.

BB is not hard to level up. Haruna is a great choice, but don't neglect her sisters. Same goes to other BBs. Don't forget to level up some submarines as event lately requires some of them.

Wait... CVLs can OASW?? I never knew. lol
(Oh, Taiyou is like a useful Ryuuhou!)

I feel bad for saying this, but I got lucky and cleared that 5-5 quest on my first go... :(
Taigei is the best, at being a mascot :)
I finally S rank the 5-5 boss node after 3 boss node tries, in day battle even. Might as well clear that map this month as I only require two more boss kill.

taiyou's gimmick. other cvl cannot oasw
And I'm a sucker for gimmick. Leveling her is a pain in the back hole tho. 85... sigh.

StayDead

Abukuma and Maya is priority. ABKM is self explained. Maya since you don't have Akizuki class DD for AACI.

DD: Satsuki could do special AACI but her kai ni level is quite high. Same goes with Asashio Kai Ni D(85). Both of later ships has awesome ASW as well so have a look at them. Fubuki is kinda average on all front so you could hold on leveling her. Alternatively, look for Hatsushimo kai ni as she also have AAFD and ample luck for TCI. Hold on on Akatsuki as well, she's average. Instead, look for Kasumi and Verniy as they could bring Daihatsu to have better damage on installation.

CL: Sendai sisters have low kai ni level, not that hard to get all three of them. You also have Ooyodo which could help. Nothing much on CL part, all CL have almost the same stats except Abukuma, and hopefully incoming Yura KN.

CA(V): All Myouko class ships at kai ni and all Mogami class ships at kai and you're good. Have Aoba if you want TCL but Myouko alone is enough.

CVL: Level up fast CVL first as lots of maps require them, slow one just get Junyou. Get Chiyoda and Chitose as AV at respectable level and you're good.

BB is not hard to level up. Haruna is a great choice, but don't neglect her sisters. Same goes to other BBs. Don't forget to level up some submarines as event lately requires some of them.

Taigei is the best, at being a mascot :)
I finally S rank the 5-5 boss node after 3 boss node tries, in day battle even. Might as well clear that map this month as I only require two more boss kill.

And I'm a sucker for gimmick. Leveling her is a pain in the back hole tho. 85... sigh.

Thanks, I've got all my subs now to level 30+

CVL I've got Junyou at level 60odd and Ryuujou slightly higher

Looking at some of the others I've got a few of them already that you've listed, but I'll go level the ones that you've mentioned since it'll be useful.

Haruna I've got Hiei and Kongou (who I'm going to Marry) at k2 at around level 86 and 97. Kirishima is lagging behind at about 40.

I know that 3-2? IIRC is good for levelling CL/CA and 1-5 for DD, is there a map specifically good for levelling BB?

anderedna

I know that 3-2? IIRC is good for levelling CL/CA and 1-5 for DD, is there a map specifically good for levelling BB?
3-2A: CA(V)
4-3F[DK}: DD/CL - (1-5 is kinda hard to control MVP, and tiny amount of exp)
5-4A CV(L) - same with 3-2 but with more exp
CV(L), BB(V) just put them in the 3-2 and 4-3 leveling fleet and they'll auto level with them. You need them for power leveling fleet anyway.
Alternatively, I leveled my DDs with PvP and expeditions. Sparkle them using PvP, put them in expedition and obtain that great success. Rinse and repeat. I did that with Mutsuki class ships, all 11 of them, lowest level is level 75 now. Barely putting them in any sortie except Satsuki. She's OASW monster.

anderedna

Oh goodie. I forgot the BS that is the 1-3 compass.

Yeah, the compass on that map is total troll,
I'm quite lucky on that map this time, it took me only one try, compared to 10+ tries last quest.
5-5 tho, E node is total BS. Finally managed to clear the map and grab a medal after consuming around 50 buckets.

IronRaven

Yeah, the compass on that map is total troll,
I'm quite lucky on that map this time, it took me only one try, compared to 10+ tries last quest.
5-5 tho, E node is total BS. Finally managed to clear the map and grab a medal after consuming around 50 buckets.

That's a lot of buckets for one map. Congratulations on clearing it though!

anderedna

That's a lot of buckets for one map. Congratulations on clearing it though!
I went zerk with repairs. Yellow? Here's a bucket. Not to mention I used the subs route on first 10 sorties.

I might try 5-5 finally, because I'm low on screws. I hope I can do it without boss support.
Medal to screw?
No need for boss support, as boss is easy. I cleared it without one, even LD cleared on day battle. The main problem is reaching the boss node.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Medal to screw?
No need for boss support, as boss is easy. I cleared it without one, even LD cleared on day battle. The main problem is reaching the boss node.
Yeah, since it's 4 per medal. Already burned through the 1-6 present boxes I saved since the map came out on screws. BB guns are so expensive to upgrade. lol

IronRaven

That's kind of the only reason to do any quests that involve BS maps. You do it for the screws.

Edit: The wall of shame for the event is out already. Quite a lot of casualties this time around.

Edit: Just finished the new Nagato Kai Ni quest. Only took two tries for 5-5. Yay!

anderedna

Yeah, since it's 4 per medal. Already burned through the 1-6 present boxes I saved since the map came out on screws. BB guns are so expensive to upgrade. lol
Yeah they are. So far I only manage to level to +6. Further than that, looks impossible right now. Iowa gun, I just leave at +2. Too expensive.
That's kind of the only reason to do any quests that involve BS maps. You do it for the screws.

Edit: The wall of shame for the event is out already. Quite a lot of casualties this time around.

Edit: Just finished the new Nagato Kai Ni quest. Only took two tries for 5-5. Yay!
Congrats. My luck is bad at normal maps :(
Where's this wall of shame? Reddit?

StayDead

That wall of shame, fuck. I may have used every resource I had + some real money and still failed to get Gangut, but at least I haven't sank anyone!

StayDead

Wow, why was I sleeping on Orel Cruising before. I can actually finish the sortie quests quite easily and I'm back up to 13k fuel already (even after repairing all the leftover event damage)

If I keep this up I might get a decent bank ready for next event!

I'm still waiting for a chance to get Iowa and Prinz (missed my chance to farm due to no money last time) and then I can finally look at getting Bismark.

IronRaven

Wow, why was I sleeping on Orel Cruising before. I can actually finish the sortie quests quite easily and I'm back up to 13k fuel already (even after repairing all the leftover event damage)

If I keep this up I might get a decent bank ready for next event!

I'm still waiting for a chance to get Iowa and Prinz (missed my chance to farm due to no money last time) and then I can finally look at getting Bismark.

Orel is great for dailies and weeklies other than Bw1.

IronRaven

Still working my way to level all the ships. Gangut still in her first form. Yura is the highest priority tho.
Nice to hear that her gun aren't useless.

It's proof that Russian bias has now invaded Kancolle. :^)

I should also probably level up Yura.

Next maintenance date is 6/6. The 75th anniversary of Midway and the 73rd anniversary of D-Day. Very strange timing for this patch.

Top Bottom