• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioWare to announce how they're going to address ME: Andromeda on April 4th

What was your favorite video game disaster relief program?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

DA:I is by far and away a much better game than ME:A. It had characters that were lively and robust. Writing that was snappy rather than bland and awkward.

Ehhh I wouldn't go that far.

I think Inquisition does a much better job with the open world areas, but the writing is not that much better than Andromeda.

liquidfox00

Neo Member
So I suppose that since I'm still only on Eos I should just stop playing and wait to see what Bioware has to say about their plans?

If they plan on making significant changes that better the game I would be very disappointed if I kept playing and couldn't appreciate whatever fix they put out.

If the changes are significant I would not be a happy camper if I was one of the thousands of people who have already completed the game in its current state. They should have got on top of this much quicker.

sp3ctr3

Announcement of a new ending kind of like Super Mairo 2 where it turns out that everything was a simulation

C8ILDJ7VoAAF8nN.jpg:large

Holy shit. This is gold. I applaud you good sir!

I have not played the singel player yet but the multiplayers is i bad need off fixing. Hosting dosent work, Game crashes, you get stuck in animations and balance is waaaay off. Tried to play some yesterday did 3 matches and they all crashed and i got nothing....except more rocket leauge time.

So I suppose that since I'm still only on Eos I should just stop playing and wait to see what Bioware has to say about their plans?

If they plan on making significant changes that better the game I would be very disappointed if I kept playing and couldn't appreciate whatever fix they put out.

If the changes are significant I would not be a happy camper if I was one of the thousands of people who have already completed the game in its current state. They should have got on top of this much quicker.

By quicker I assume you mean like it never should have been in this state to begin with? Its a week, post release (?) and of course you have people beating it already but its still a fairly quick turnaround for a studio that sent people off on vacation for a month or so only to be cut pretty short :p

I can't imagine what they could announce for animations unless they've pilfered a procedural system from ND or just reverted to a past game version.

Kinda curious as to what DLC they might do in any event.

Pepboy

That's a huge shame for me. I really liked my Hawke. Thought he was cool! I didn't feel like his story was finished.

Bet you guys are glad I'm not in charge of Bioware eh?

I didn't think DA2's issues were focused on Hawke specifically. From what I remember, it was more the technical limitations, cliffhanger ending, stuff like spawning monsters, lack of polish, etc. Maybe the overarching story was a bit dull? But I rarely see complaints against Hawke as a character specifically.

But I only played about 5 hours of it (and enjoyed what I played) so I'm not sure.

takriel

"We're basically redoing the whole thing. Give us another 3 years for that please. In the meantime, you can buy our DLC content!"

Lucifon

With it being abit away I'm guessing they're dropping an update or free dlc on that day then revealing their future content / fix plan. Probably an "I'm sorry" change of plans slightly.

I didn't think DA2's issues were focused on Hawke specifically. From what I remember, it was more the technical limitations, cliffhanger ending, stuff like spawning monsters, lack of polish, etc. Maybe the overarching story was a bit dull? But I rarely see complaints against Hawke as a character specifically.

But I only played about 5 hours of it (and enjoyed what I played) so I'm not sure.
Oh! I can accept that then! Even I admit that the ending to DA2 wasn't that good. But even though we got Inquisition, I still wish that we also got that Awakening style expansion DLC that Bioware was making for DA2 before it was canned.

Freeman76

Ehhh I wouldn't go that far.

I think Inquisition does a much better job with the open world areas, but the writing is not that much better than Andromeda.

I really enjoyed DA:I but the only thing ME:A doesnt improve on is performance imo. The characters and writing in DAI was really bad for the most part, a lot worse than any Mass Effect game.

I don't really know how they can address the biggest issues of Andromeda.

To me it was never the animation issues and I feel the memes around it distracted from its big issues of writing and quest design.

The side quests are completely awful and goes back to Inquisition, not to mention that the main story quests have big stretches after mid game that become incredibly boring.

The writing itself is bad, the plot premise is fine, but the writing doesn't really support it and it has a really bad mix of trying to be light-hearted and sudden switches to "super serious", it's got a serious problem with tone and overall pacing of the game. Dialogue interaction is awful, there is no real choice, all dialogue is written in one direction, and all other dialogue choices are complete nonsense and also just lead to the same stuff.

I think the game is okay around midgame, but after that everything just feels rushed. Main quest design encounters have the same repeated design.

The last quest for the game is incredibly disappointing too, it's just a repeat of the same designed encounters you've had before, and the ending is the most unsatisfying of any of the games.

And combat isn't better either, the complete lack of control over your squad mates is a terrible idea and completely frustrating.

The game is just a shitty third person shooter, I see no RPG in it, both in dialogue design or even RPG elements that contribute to things like dialogue such as attributes.

I think Inquisition is a much better RPG and game than Andromeda which is quite ironic because they said with ME:A they "learned from Inquisition". Well it's got many of the problems of Inquisition, but worse.

Oh no. Now I've got to try and find something else to play while waiting for Andromeda to be fixed!

Anything good come out recently?

IaN_GAF

I guess they could increase performance and lower the price. I would think of that as an acceptable solution.

The side quests are completely awful and goes back to Inquisition.
See this is funny to me since that is objectively just wrong. Very much having liked Inquisition and always been a staunch defender, I've never done so with the quests. You won't find a quest in Mass Effect Andromeda that isn't contextualized through voiced dialogue if not NPCs. Even the most mundane fetch quest in Andromeda is miles ahead of Inquisition's in that regard.

I've seen this comparison repeated a bunch on gaf and I can't wrap my head around it.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm absolutely loving the game and I'm 30 hours in. If they're going to 'fix' it, I'm hopeful it'll make it just that much better.

Joco

They better have some legitimate planned fixes to announce on the 4th. If they just release some weak PR statement or even worse, mention DLC, they're going to be a laughingstock.

The animations in single player are too difficult to fix now. Please just make the multiplayer more stable, Bioware. Im sick of the screen freeze, server disconnections and dashboard crashes.

Plasma

Banned
Already finished it and I did enjoyed it despite there being a lot about the game I disliked. I'm interested to see what they'll actually be patching as I'll probably end up doing a second run through before the end of the year. Still though it is really strange to do an announcement of an announcement for their plans for a patch.

Evilmaus

What I've seen from the games animations kind of makes me want to play it more.

I get the feeling I'd be able to enjoy it ironically, almost like a "straight to video" movie that's trying way too hard and becomes hilariously overdramatic.

Can it be bad in a good way if you just don't take it seriously, or is it just plain bad?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hadn't realized things were this bad with MEA. Will definitely wait for GOTY to even consider getting this.
They're not - it's overblown as fuck, as GAF is want to do. The facial and movement animations can be bad, yes, but the game is hardly unplayable. About the worst thing happening so far is one particular issue that causes the game to lock up at a black loading screen and it's happened to me maybe twice in all my time playing. That being said, I'm playing on PS4 and have paid no attention to any seperate issues that PC gamers in particular may be facing.
The MP is just as fun was it was in ME3. And I can say this, as I've put 50-odd hours into the SP (and counting) and another 20hrs into the MP.

GAF blowing shit out of proportion. Again.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
If some of it was critical why do this so official. I think Bioware got a load of shit to endure.

Good for them that they try.

They're trying to be polite about all the noise coming from the latest childish gamer hate-train circle-jerk.

Anyway, it's essential that Bioware fix the glitches first and foremost. Andromeda can be buggy as hell at times. I've not had anything game-breaking, but I've definitely had some immersion-breaking stuff. Stabilising the game's performance should be priority 1, I think. Then maybe they can get to fixing those facial animations...

I know there's very little chance of fixing the faces in a patch, but a man can hope...

This is very interesting to say the least. Curious as to what is possible to actually fix. Does Shinobi602 still hang around Neogaf? He certainly knows a lot about Bioware games.
He basically said goodbye to GAF in an earlier Mass Effect thread. I wouldn't expect anything from him for the near future. He has a Twitter under the same handle, though.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Goddamn so much hate for this game all over the net.

98edaa23a229e7edf7572ce0e4e887ca.gif

I've played 50+ hours already and enjoying every minute of it. WTF is wrong with me?

Viewtiful

I think that if Bioware can clean up a lot of the animations and squash the majority of bugs, this game will be much better off.

It will be interesting to see what areas they decide to fix and how much they decide needs fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom