• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST RMX |OT| Gotta Go FAST

Cerium

o8KkwH2.png

kwtsdjM.png

What were the two biggest asks in the thread? Time Attack and Online with Friends? Shin'en got you covered.

C6Iy1v6WAAAg3De.jpg:large

I suspect they're doing quite well as an indie launch title at a reasonable price to come out swinging with this support this soon.

Glass Joe

If you download one game on Switch, it should be this*

*speaking as someone who only downloaded one game, but it's definitely cool

Ein Bear

I really love F Zero and really don't like Wipeout - how will I feel about this? I love how tight the racing is in F Zero, whilst Wipeout feels way too floaty and I don't like powerups.

There weren't 14 new tracks added.

The game includes the 16 in the original release as well as the 8 in the DLC.

So 6 brand new tracks were added.

Cody_D165

Banned
FYI from what I can tell my friends and I can't find a way to play in a lobby together... we just have to keep trying to join lobbies until we're paired together.

Having a great time otherwise but this is a major pain.

Cerium

There weren't 14 new tracks added.

The game includes the 16 in the original release as well as the 8 in the DLC.

So 6 brand new tracks were added.
Pardon me. I literally threw this OT together in 15 minutes because it looked like no one else was going to do it.

I spent all my time on the VOEZ OT and no one wants to use it. :(

Did this game feature hd rumble?
It does, but early impressions say the implementation is not particularly impressive so I left it out.

Soundslike

Neo Member
Fast racing neo was fun but didnt have enough personality (even the name). Some stages wasnt that great.

I actually had the most fun playing off screen with the gamepad. Real good sense of speed.

I just read through the OP and there's actually a small mistake, there is a dynamic resolution.
"Our goal was to deliver always 60fps, no matter if console or mobile mode, and no matter how many players in splitscreen. To achieve that we render in 1080p @ 60fps with dynamic resolution scaling. So we always have the perfect balance of high frame rate and maximum graphics quality." http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...s_and_performance_of_switchs_futuristic_racer

I think it depends on the mode but it is there.

Cerium

I just read through the OP and there's actually a small mistake, there is a dynamic resolution.
"Our goal was to deliver always 60fps, no matter if console or mobile mode, and no matter how many players in splitscreen. To achieve that we render in 1080p @ 60fps with dynamic resolution scaling. So we always have the perfect balance of high frame rate and maximum graphics quality." http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...s_and_performance_of_switchs_futuristic_racer

I was in a rush! And I confess, I don't know anything about this game except what I researched while I was making it.

I was so sure that someone else had this covered. I figured it was high profile enough.

bibs

Already downloaded it and so glad the OT is up. The HD rumble is cool but sometimes it tends to go a bit overboard. Graphics are awesome and as a fan of racing games, the gameplay is fantastic. Good substitute until Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes out.

In a previous interview they said they use dynamic resolution only in 4 players splitscreen when there a lot of things happen on the screen. They have done that to maintain 60fps in 4 players splitscreen.

Decided about 3 weeks ago this would be my other launch game, looking forward to playing it when I pick up my switch tomorrow

I was in a rush! And I confess, I don't know anything about this game except what I researched while I was making it.

I was so sure that someone else had this covered. I figured it was high profile enough.

No worries man, here's hoping the OT pulls in some new FAST fans!
In a previous interview they said they use dynamic resolution only in 4 players splitscreen when there a lot of things happen on the screen. They have done that to maintain 60fps in 4 players splitscreen.
Yeah that's what I meant by it depends on the mode.

Day 1... Well Waiting on Switch arriving! Was hoping it would have a physical release but at 900mb I can't complain too much but was wanting to go all physical for the switch

Kanhir

This was easily my first eShop purchase. Shin'en should basically just set up a direct debit for my bank account, I soak up everything they release.

My only real gripe is that the phase shift was mapped to either X or L on the original, but this time it's X only. I got used to using L, so it annoys me that I have to go in and remap it every time I play.

Otherwise it's mega fun. Going to be playing this a lot between Zelda sessions.

Adding to this, is the overall difficulty more balanced compared to the Wii U version?
Yeah but independent of difficulty (which was too unforgiving) the rubberbanding was so insane it really made the game less enjoyable to me. Hope they fixed this too.

bibs

Minor complaint but just realised you can't switch to metric units for speed. Otherwise, awesome game.

ZeroX03

Banned
Picked it up. Pretty fun. Seems like a middle ground between Mario Kart and Sonic Racing (I don't know F-Zero).

Had a really funny glitch happen with the dynamic resolution dropped down to like 120p for each racer while the UI stayed 720p. Took a screenshot but having trouble uploading. Looked cool in a retro throwback way. Haven't been able to recreate it.

Irminsul

Trying it for a few minutes (one cup to be precise), I'd say RMX is quite a bit improved over the Wii U version, not only in terms of graphics.

Steering seems to be less floaty and the CPU less rubberband-y. But I'll have to play for a bit more to be sure.

Top Bottom