• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some soccerbending I watched the rest.

Bolin was the best thing ever. Dat run scene lol.

I really liked this episode had some laughs. Fat Pabu <3. I want more Meelo :(

Next week our lord and savior Amon will appear (I hope).

Raxus

How was it filler? Did you expect them to just jump right to the championship?

Korra is going at such a fast pace they might as well have the championship between an unmasked Amon and Korra in Avatar state dueling it out in the arena with Bolin and Mako fighting who will win Korra's heart and Tenzin is fighting evil zombie Aang.

Until that happens everything else is filler.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Pro bending is a way to add a lot of action to the show without requiring a contrived encounter with the bad guys every day. Not over-using the true villains is a good thing. The wait between Amon's appearances increases the dread factor.

Plus it fits better in Korra's setting. The world isn't at war. It's been peaceful for a long time. Aside from Triad gangsters things are pretty quiet.

And the romance plot here seems mostly about setting up the team's dynamics and giving them a reason to bond. And unlike what a lot of shows would do, it's not being dragged out. The kids are figuring themselves out and coming to settlements, sometimes within the space of a single episode.

The problem, really, is that LoK is too entertaining on too many fronts for a half hour show.

It definitely is entertaining. Still not as good as the original for me though.

Pro bending is a way to add a lot of action to the show without requiring a contrived encounter with the bad guys every day. Not over-using the true villains is a good thing. The wait between Amon's appearances increases the dread factor.

Plus it fits better in Korra's setting. The world isn't at war. It's been peaceful for a long time. Aside from Triad gangsters things are pretty quiet.

And the romance plot here seems mostly about setting up the team's dynamics and giving them a reason to bond. And unlike what a lot of shows would do, it's not being dragged out. The kids are figuring themselves out and coming to settlements, sometimes within the space of a single episode.

Yea, makes sense when you put it that way.

I wish to see more Republic City though.

Tuck

Just noticed...

When Korra gets a penalty and is forced to go back one zone. She waterbends at the judge. It looks like she... creates water from nothing?

That oversight bugs me.

Tawpgun

I know Republic City is a big centerpoint of the entire saga, but I really hope we can visit some other places.

Just noticed...

When Korra gets a penalty and is forced to go back one zone. She waterbends at the judge. It looks like she... creates water from nothing?

That bugs me.

1. Good waterbenders can take moisture out of the air.

2. She pulled it from the arena lines.

Overdoziz

Banned
How was it filler? Did you expect them to just jump right to the championship?
It just felt like a filler episode to me because none of the stuff that happened was remotely interesting. I wanna know more about Amon and the equalists, not who loves who. I was never really a big fan of the pro-bending part of the story either.

Tuck

I know Republic City is a big centerpoint of the entire saga, but I really hope we can visit some other places.

1. Good waterbenders can take moisture out of the air.

2. She pulled it from the arena lines.

Hm. Yeah sure this explanation satisfies me.

goldensun

I felt so bad for Bolin during the new episode! I love how the show's playing on everyone's emotions already, such a great show.

Blackhead

Redarse
tumblr_m3kc18ns4E1r054yr.gif

LMAO Epic!
This was funny and all but didnt Mako say in an earlier episode that Bolin had "fangirls" — there was even a shout from the crowd saying "we love you Bolin". His behavior seemed a little overdone

The Korra characterization was spot on though; she really is the 'man' in the relationship if i can use that cliched term

Does something have to be directly related to Amon to not be filler?

Don't worry it will be revealed soon that Amon planned this predicament all along but it didn't go as well :p

This was funny and all but didnt Mako say in an earlier episode that Bolin had "fangirls" &#8212; there was even a shout from the crowd saying "we love you Bolin". His behavior seemed a little overdone

It is said he actually doesn't have much dating experience plus he believes Korra to be "the one" when he first saw her (he told Mako during that conversation about "bringing fangirls to the training quarters").

shira

On a series rewatch could you skip this one? Yes.
Was it a good episode? Yes.
Filler? Unfortunately.

Amon basically said wait till the end, so yeah we gettin teased and fillered.

Wiseblade

On a series rewatch could you skip this one? Yes.
Was it a good episode? Yes.
Filler? Unfortunately.

Amon basically said wait till the end, so yeah we gettin teased and fillered.

It's about as skippable as the last episode was. Which is not at all.

Tawpgun

Avatar training could help too. Something to advance the plot. At the end, what really changes? No one is in any type of relationships. They just know of each others intentions. I guess that's something... but not that much.

Bolin vs. Random Dude face off was so good. All I needed was Joe Rogan screaming at me to make it official.

Oh and the rest of the episode was good too. Dat teen relationship drama.

I thought it was a great episode. I laughed all through it. Great animation; I love all the goofy facial expressions they come up with (in both series).

The romance stuff is now out of the way. The pro-bending storyline ends next week. I expect things will really ramp up from there.

apana

At least they put romance and pro bending in one episode, hopefully both storylines will soon be dead. This was some really expensive fan fiction, poor Bolin. Aang had better game than these bums, I still remember that fire nation dancing episode.

Omikaru

Oh man. Haha. That is some god tier trolling right there.

After a second viewing, I've kinda warmed to this episode now, if only because we get some quality Bolin moments. But now this epic trolling has just made it all the better. I think the rest of this series will be fine.

Still, it's going to be a long wait for next week since we don't have any new material to chew on this time around. Unless you want to talk about shipping. D:

Wait a minute. A thought just occurred to me...at the beginning of the episode Mako makes it pretty clear that he doesn't like Korra...but later admits that he does but he likes Asami too? lolwut? Trolling or bad writing? Both?

Ezalc

Wait a minute. A thought just occurred to me...at the beginning of the episode Mako makes it pretty clear that he doesn't like Korra...but later admits that he does but he likes Asami too? lolwut? Trolling or bad writing? Both?

You can like two people at once, it happens.

Haven't gotten to watch it yet, I usually pick it up on Nick's website. But just so I understand:

Bolin shoots his move on Korra and gets shut down only for her to go and kiss Mako, who kisses her back because he likes her too but doesn't wanna fuck things up so he stays with Asami?

So EVERYONE gets trolled (except Asami who will get trolled later when Mako can't resist dat Korra anymore)? HAHAHA. XD

Amazing.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

It's the typical thing dumb people do when they're in a love triangle. Pretend you don't like someone to push them away, then get jealous and angry when they actually do go to someone else. Meanwhile Mako is torn between both women.

It's why he and Bolin decide "meh, women" while they're riding the elevator back up to the platform during the match.

It's a pretty typical (and all too realistic) romance trope...

Busaiku

Seriously though, what did happen to Mako's patented "cool under fire" stuff?
He hasn't displayed that composure since that very 1st game.

Haven't gotten to watch it yet, I usually pick it up on Nick's website. But just so I understand:

Bolin shoots his move on Korra and gets shut down only for her to go and kiss Mako, who kisses her back because he likes her too but doesn't wanna fuck things up so he stays with Asami?

So EVERYONE gets trolled (except Asami who will get trolled later when Mako can't resist dat Korra anymore)? HAHAHA. XD

Amazing.

Wrong. It is far funnier and worse than that.

Bolin breaking into tears and running away is hilarious. Saw this love triangle coming a mile away. I wouldn't mind seeing Korra do some wind bend training again. Like the banter between Tenzin and her. Regardless whoever she finally hook up with, she'll wear the pants.
The pro bending tournament seems to go fast. I mean, 1st match, quarter and semi-finals all in a single day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom