• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the romance stuff in this episode. I thought it was charming. I was more disappointed that we didn't get any non pro-bending action. Pro-bending is ok, but Avatar isn't a sports show, it's an epic adventure and I wan't my epic battles damnit.

I cant remember but did Ty Lee do some chi blocking in the first show?

Yes she was the one who first showed us the technique and how fucking devastating it can be in the show.

I always liked Bolin, though he still remains second to Pabu he's still one the characters I like the most.

Actually i started to place Mako over him until this episode but they are basically even now and still in distant 2nd place to Pabu.

Ezalc

Actually i started to place Mako over him until this episode but they are basically even now and still in distant 2nd place to Pabu.

I like the fact that Mako isn't as broody and angsty as Zuko was in the beginning, there's a great balance there and he actually seems like a normal person whose bare hands can become flamethrowers at any time. He still loses to Bolin and, of course, Pabu.

This episode was a great rebound from episode 4. I loved it. Very interesting to see how things play out. Pro-bending is so much more enjoyable when player's emotions are involved. How many episodes in season 1 btw?

Edit: And i'm really starting to warm up to Mako

I like the fact that Mako isn't as broody and angsty as Zuko was in the beginning, there's a great balance there and he actually seems like a normal person whose bare hands can become flamethrowers at any time. He still loses to Bolin and, of course, Pabu.

He was the lowest on my list due to the Zuko-lite comparisons but he's showing that he's somewhat different so far and i hope it continues since danger is on the horizon.

*paraphrasing*

Mako: 'this is why dating a teammate is a bad idea"

I wonder if stuff like this always happens to them

SykoTech

yeah i liked the idea of probending a lot more when i thought it was going to be like this:

Yeah, that picture looks much better. Especially with the earthbender using huge chunks of earth instead of just those little discs. Too bad they didn't go through with something more like that.

Also, I've liked Bolin ever since that first trailer. (whisper) "The Avatar". Beat that!

But in all seriousness, he's definitely one of the best things about the show for me. Nice to see him getting more love.

I really enjoyed the relationship stuff this episode. Here are the things I enjoyed:

+ Bolin's chance to shine in the bending arena - glad they showed him kicking butt (and it was likely motivated by his date with Korra haha)
+ Bolin's reaction (immediate and later with the noodles) to the Korra / Mako kiss
+ Korra's single handed win
+ The egotistical bender's voice - very cold, yet deep
+ Pabu!
+ The speed of the pro bending matches

NEO0MJ

Poor, poor Bolin. Why did the writers have to involve him in the shipping wars?

Anyways, good episode, though in my opinion the last one was better.

CoolS

beach-house episode? not that bad.

looking forward to the new direction after the tournament

Yes, it will be really interesting what happens after the tournament, especially since all the promo stuff so far apparantly mostly contained only footage up to that point and we only are at the halfway point of this season after next episode.

And that, my friends, is how shippers are born!

Take THAT, Bolin-haters. What? You all love Bolin now? Hmph. Real Bolinbros knew he was awesome from ep1.
Bolin Hipsters, thought he was cool before he actually showed up.

CoolS

Hmm, maybe this episode was worth it after all.

Kid's right though. Mako was poop in this episode.
Only Thing I didn't like was his "Sorry i don't feel that way about you Korra" except one day later after I see you having fun with my brother I actually do.

Only Thing I didn't like was his "Sorry i don't feel that way about you Korra" except one day later after I see you having fun with my brother I actually do.
I don't think he wasn't being honest when he said that to Korra (likely hoping to avoid awkwardness on his team). Mako already admitted to his brother he liked her.

Satch

Banned
mako and korra both were just really out of line this ep

"yeah i like her but i think i should go for asami."

"oh you like her? nah she's not dating material"

and then korra with that line to mako... you know the one

its shit like this why the shipping community is so hilarious LOL

Sounded like he was trying to convince himself plus not let it get awkward but that didn't turn out too well.

if he didn't react when he saw Korra and Bolin together it might not have went the way it did.

Measley

tumblr_m3kc18ns4E1r054yr.gif

LMAO Epic!

Meh...I can't wait till they get rid of the romance subplot. And Pro-bending isn't really adding anything to the show, plus it is exactly the kind of thing Aang would have been against.

Sucks that we didn't get to see Tenzin's son or Tenzin this episode.

Meh...I can't wait till they get rid of the romance subplot. And Pro-bending isn't really adding anything to the show, plus it is exactly the kind of thing Aang would have been against.

Sucks that we didn't get to see Tenzin's son or Tenzin this episode.
The problem, really, is that LoK is too entertaining on too many fronts for a half hour show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom