• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S4 |OT| Think Fast

So glad that we're getting
Tom Cavanagh back as Reverse-Flash, even if it's just one episode. I don't have anything against Matt Letscher's performance, but Cavanagh as Reverse-Flash was a GOAT villain and is the main reason the show has never reached the highs of season 1.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I gave this show a chance last season, I am glad that I wasn't wrong to stay away this season. Super horrified to find out that they still can't get shit straight.

That first season was magical. Lightning ina bottle. When at its worst, Smallville managed to find my attention for 10 seasons. Flash couldn't do it for two. Smh

This is better than last season.

I mean, I don't get why Iris gets to be the boss, but whatever.

Just caught up. Sombra was a pretty decent villain.

8c5.gif

So, watching the screen on the final, it means we'll have at least another 11 villain of the week episodes, right?
Add another couple episodes (1 for building up and 1 for crossover), plus 2 that we had already, makes 15... so there are 8 episodes against the big baddie.

Can we get Wally on Legends of Tomorrow already please. At least there he's not treated like this.

Give us the Crisis crossover. The Multiverse is destabilized by some villain, and the heroes manage to stop the most looming threats by merging Earth 1 with Earth 38.

However, there are still cracks across the Multiverse. A team is needed to travel from one Earth to the next, finding these cracks and sealing them to prevent another Crisis from occurring.

Legends of Elseworlds - Summer series, starring:

Wally West
John Constantine
Nyssa Al Ghul
Gypsy
Ragman
Earth X Captain Cold
Livewire

Season 1 Big Bads: The Justice Lords or Crime Syndicate

JSevere

didn't care much for the first ep but I really dug the tone of the second, I hope not-mopey Barry is here to stay. also the lack of a Wells is really evident, where is that beautiful man :(

didn't care much for the first ep but I really dug the tone of the second, I hope not-mopey Barry is here to stay. also the lack of a Wells is really evident, where is that beautiful man :(

Harry is supposed to be returning next week, if the episode descriptions are to be believed.

ShadyK54

Finally got around to watching the episode.

- I thought it was alright. Kilgore bothered me, but I think that's just because I wasn't really feeling the actor all that much.

- Lol bye @ all of the suit tech that's gone now.

- "You're not The Flash. We are." Pls no. You're just being selfish, Iris.

- Gypsy is beautiful. Hope she has more stuff to do with the team in the future.

I do agree with a point Zero made a few pages ago that it feels like they're trying just a tiny bit too hard with the comedy/overall lighter tone of the show after last season. We'll see how it continues to pan out.

Also, how convenient that The Thinker has a bunch of villains to dispose of for several weeks worth of episodes lol.

sturmdogg

Finally got around to watching the episode.

- I thought it was alright. Kilgore bothered me, but I think that's just because I wasn't really feeling the actor all that much.

- Lol bye @ all of the suit tech that's gone now.

- "You're not The Flash. We are." Pls no. You're just being selfish, Iris.

- Gypsy is beautiful. Hope she has more stuff to do with the team in the future.

I do agree with a point Zero made a few pages ago that it feels like they're trying just a tiny bit too hard with the comedy/overall lighter tone of the show after last season. We'll see how it continues to pan out.

Also, how convenient that The Thinker has a bunch of villains to dispose of for several weeks worth of episodes lol.

Goddamn this.

"How could you leave me alone"?!

"Bitch, the whole city was gonna get wiped off the face of the earth by the speed force. What the hell was I supposed to do?"

Shyranui

Neo Member
Yeah, I would like if there was one discord for dctv, only to teach people that legends of tomorrow is the best ;)
Or even a TV shows discord in general would be appreciated, I wouldn't have seen so many good tv shows if it weren't for gaf.

Sir Doom

Damn no more Jess and Wally.
Again Wally’s departure would have been impactful it this early season was Barry-less and more Wally.

Airplane is crashing.
Pilot 1 We’re going to make it
Pilot 2: good.

Give these guys Oscars holy shit best acting ever. 😂

I'm not sure how to do Discord link things but it was posted in one of the other DCTV OTs. Covers Comic shows and other CW TV. If the link doesn't work PM Reverse Flash.

RobotVM

Bad luck girl loses her powers still goes to Meta prison. Well's abandons his life on Earth 2 because no one likes him there. Great idea.

KonradLaw

This was fun. No idiotic developments, like and breezy story and lots of light hearted interactions.

Bad luck girl loses her powers still goes to Meta prison. Well's abandons his life on Earth 2 because no one likes him there. Great idea.

They only temporarily blocked her powers. She's getting them back unless they're nullified for good. No choice but to lock her up. It's bassicaly a meta version of Typhoid Marry

RobotVM

This was fun. No idiotic developments, like and breezy story and lots of light hearted interactions.

They only temporarily blocked her powers. She's getting them back unless they're nullified for good. No choice but to lock her up. It's bassicaly a meta version of Typhoid Marry

Ah I missed that.

Finally caught up.

I really wish they laid into Wally for fucking off like that. But hey, they've got to get rid of the character somehow.

All in all I like the design of The Thinker but I really wish they hadn't ripped off Metron. Berlanti (who whoever is running the show) seems to love lifting things from other DC characters.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
1) Should we try to move this thread back to the normal OT?

2) I love this episode. Elongated Man! And it wasn't all dour and shitty!

Batjag

GAF is so dead I'm the first person to see this an hour later. Wow.
Haha, well since you did bump the thread, I'll add my two cents.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the season so far and I thought this episode was stellar. It felt so comic-booky (in the right way.)

I'm a sucker for C and D list characters, so Elongated Man is an old favorite of mine, and I thought they handled him perfectly.

Haha, well since you did bump the thread, I'll add my two cents.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the season so far and I thought this episode was stellar. It felt so comic-booky (in the right way.)

I'm a sucker for C and D list characters, so Elongated Man is an old favorite of mine, and I thought they handled him perfectly.

Same. I really enjoyed this episode for how cheesy it was. I take my superheros with the appropriate amount of cheese thanks.

Loving the whole humourous/cheese factor in this season: embracing the cheese of it all makes it so much more enjoyable!

Plastic Man / Elongated Man was great to see!

tkscz

Loving the whole humourous/cheese factor in this season: embracing the cheese of it all makes it so much more enjoyable!

Plastic Man / Elongated Man was great to see!

It's Elongated Man (Ralph Dibney). Plastic Man would've started as a criminal named Patrick "Eel" O'Brian. Plastic Man is also more a shape/mass shifter than a stretchy man.

Top Bottom