• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've stopped watching it so I'm always curious to hear if it's improved. It just sounds like the show is going in an increased CWish direction that I'll never be compatible with.

(I do need to catch up on JtV though. I'm like a season behind. :|)

It's no different from Flash if you still watch that.

The end of the last episode of Flash just... CW to the max.

jb1234

It's no different from Flash if you still watch that.

The end of the last episode of Flash just... CW to the max.

Yeah, I'm close to giving up on Flash as well. I've started skipping the romance scenes, which is what I did near the end of my time with Supergirl.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why does Supergirl keep getting the short end of these crossovers?

It's because they couldn't count on Supergirl being on the CW when they were planning and budgeting the shows. They've already said next year will be better because they can fully plan everything.

If Black Lightning gets picked up, and it's somewhat connected too, expect the same thing.

Joni

It's because they couldn't count on Supergirl being on the CW when they were planning and budgeting the shows. They've already said next year will be better because they can fully plan everything.

If Black Lightning gets picked up, and it's somewhat connected too, expect the same thing.

At least they should know that one on time. If it is comes, ti will be on CW and they can cross with it. They only switched Supergirl after they really started planning.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
- I don't like Lyra being a bad guy. I think they're going for a silver age Jimmy Olsen/Xander on Buffy thing, where Winn stumbles into bad or weird stuff, usually cause his penis loves Bad Girls™
- "Make Daxam Great Again" Well that confirmed their villainy.
- Mon-el's back story looks like an episode of Star Trek for some reason.
- They stole Starry Night?! That's not exactly a small time theft. It would be international news.
- Some decent alien makeup this week

This was a weird episode. We get this big revelation about Mon-el's past and finally have context to those teases and the majority of screentime is spent on Winn's girlfriend being an art thief. Was this to cover up Melissa having to go film the musical episode or something? There would be scene breaks that'd just cut back to the characters we just had a scene with.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Let's all appreciate for a moment the great comedic timing of:

Mon-El, don't leave me!

Leave her!

At least they should know that one on time. If it is comes, ti will be on CW and they can cross with it. They only switched Supergirl after they really started planning.

Yeah, it won't be quite as bad. But, depending on when word comes in, I could see Black Lightning being as involved as Supergirl was this year in next year's crossover.

Yeah, pretty relationship focused episode which isn't the show's strong suit.

Kara/Mon-El seems like they just got together and half the time they are usually bickering, her breaking up with him fell flat as any kind of emotional moment.

Don't really care about Wynn or his alien girlfriend either.

Curious as to why the Music Meister wants Kara though.

Well I guess the only reason they didn't call him Lar Gand is cause they used the name for his dad

Still Mon El is a dumb name that doesn't make any sense for the character

Mario007

Well I guess the only reason they didn't call him Lar Gand is cause they used the name for his dad

Still Mon El is a dumb name that doesn't make any sense for the character

This show has a general problem with naming its characters. We've got CYBORG SUPERMAN, Mon-El not making sense and now in the promo for the musical J'onn just randomly calls himself the Martian Manhunter.

Dynomutt

How have ratings been? I may get thrashed for this but in my mind could really see Supergirl rounding out the new cast/team in a season on Legends. Combine the two shows!. Amaya and Kara and Sara!

How have ratings been? I may get thrashed for this but in my mind could really see Supergirl rounding out the new cast/team in a season on Legends. Combine the two shows!. Amaya and Kara and Sara!

In the key demo, Supergirl beats Arrow over the last aired episodes. (Supergirl was offer last week.)

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-wednesday-march-15-2017/

Arrow (The CW) 0.5/2 - 1.58 million viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tuesday-final-ratings-march-14-2017/

The Flash (The CW) 0.9/3 - 2.39 million viewers
Legends of Tomorrow (The CW) 0.5/2 - 1.34 million viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-final-ratings-march-6-2017/

Supergirl (The CW) 0.7/3 - 2.16 million viewers

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/cw-2016-17-season-ratings/

Supergirl doesn't just beat Arrow, it easily beats Arrow. They're all performing well for CW, so nothing is in danger in the DC slate, but no... Supergirl is doing just fine despite anyone's personal feelings.

8CbJ3DY.jpg

Why does Winn have the authorisation to let prisoners out? This show... *shakes head*. I swear everyone in the DEO is compromised at this point due to their relationships.

I'm surprised J'onn hasn't apologised even though he was, once again, right.

Dynomutt

In the key demo, Supergirl beats Arrow over the last aired episodes. (Supergirl was offer last week.)

Supergirl doesn't just beat Arrow, it easily beats Arrow. They're all performing well for CW, so nothing is in danger in the DC slate, but no... Supergirl is doing just fine despite anyone's personal feelings.

Wow. Enough said. I knew it was popular but i must say I am impressed.

WedgeX

Banned
Glad that Supergirl is doing so well.

Sad that, based on my own enjoyment, Arrow is just doing well instead of thriving this year.

From that CBR comparison of Supergirl and Jessica Jones: "YOU CAN BE HAPPY AND POWERFUL"

Apparently not anymore! Supergirl had been refreshing in this aspect. But now it feels like it has succumb to CW tropes.

Magwik

Banned
Glad that Supergirl is doing so well.

Sad that, based on my own enjoyment, Arrow is just doing well instead of thriving this year.

From that CBR comparison of Supergirl and Jessica Jones: "YOU CAN BE HAPPY AND POWERFUL"

Apparently not anymore! Supergirl had been refreshing in this aspect. But now it feels like it has succumb to CW tropes.
Kara is suffering from Barry-itis

That... was the plan? I'd watch it again to make sense of it if I could stomach the soap-opera level nonsense.
Yes. The DEO wanted access to the buyer, Winn pretends to free her and takes a fake painting with him so they can free her brother. Guardian buys some time for the DEO to show up afterwards and make the arrest. He conned the con woman.

So Mon-el is Mon-el, lame... They had a chance to fix that but nope and it's not as if they needed to actually change his name.

Until next week's rudderless episode of Superdrama I guess.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So like Cisco.

Exactly! I forgot about Cisco. It feels like a weird trope. I don't think it applies for geeky female sidekicks though. They get "normal" love interests that die instead. Willow, Felicity, Caitlin, etc.

Joni

Exactly! I forgot about Cisco. It feels like a weird trope. I don't think it applies for geeky female sidekicks though. They get "normal" love interests that die instead. Willow, Felicity, Caitlin, etc.

It makes sense, they are there for the main character if necessary. Cisco and Barry is only alive in our dreams.

Grizzlyjin

ZeroX03

Banned

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Have to catch up, last episode I watched was 9.

Did the season get any better? Found it a bit dull tbh

Grizzlyjin

Mixed bag for me. Didn't come back strong but the last couple episodes have been about the main plots of the season. I thought Eps 12-15 were a nice stretch of quality episodes.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

it is unfortunately not very compelling

i want kara, j'onn and mon el to go on adventures but theres too much emphasis on non interesting characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom