• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Game Informer's article info roundup

Math time, friends. Because math is life.

FFXIII = FF7R.

FFXIII + FFXIII + FFXIII = FFXV.

So not only did Tabata pry Nomura's love child from his cold and lifeless hands, he's made it bigger than FF7R will ever be. It's going to take a series of FF7 games to surpass the passion of one game.

Ifrit era. Way of the Shiva. Tabata won.

Balee dat.

FF7 is still the best of all time though.

*baleeing intensifies*

Just get that optimization right and we good to goo! Also gotta get a copy of that mag for historic purposes! Any idea when GameStop gets them?

dat backflip.

yihn7vbzmwnxcddk0qya.gif

side flip gif > back flip gif

From my understanding everything from e3 2013 and beyond is still in.

Yesssssss.

Balls

Banned
Stuff like this, all the unique animations and banter that goes on between the characters is what truly makes me excited.

One of my favorite things about FFX-2 was the unique dialogue the game had. Rikku was hilarious.
Agreed. For all the hate the bros get for looking like a "boy band" I think it's gonna be fun spending 50+ hours with them and seeing all kinds of interactions like the one in that gif.

If awesome weapons and cool Easter eggs are tied with some side quests I'll be happy. I wonder if getting the ultima weapons requirements are going to be rediculous lol

Thinking about it weapons could be an interesting reward here especially if they were to have at least some minor adjustments to how the skills behave rather than just being a stat increase and elemental attribute etc. I was thinking that we might just be given Noct's ultima weapon for the last fight, but seeing how much they're putting into bringing back staples of Final Fantasy I'm really starting to lean towards a long grind for them. I mean they certainly didn't hold back in XIII when it came to the grind.

DJIzana

Guess I'll have to wait until E3/the next time they show off the game to see just how exploration works. I'm curious if secret areas are still in the game or not (given Playstation Access' interview, doesn't seem like there was... at least, with Chocobo's there doesn't appear to be secret areas you can access).

That said, I'm also curious about the purpose of what black Chocobo's will be if you can't go to hidden areas. Wonder what kind of benefits they'll offer.

Will be interesting to see how much inspiration, if any, they borrow from Xenoblade Chronicles X in terms of exploration. Only time will tell. xD

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Agreed. For all the hate the bros get for looking like a "boy band" I think it's gonna be fun spending 50+ hours with them and seeing all kinds of interactions like the one in that gif.

Yep, gotta say it grew on me.

I've always been a Noctis fan but now i'm warming up to the others too.

4472531-no+waking+up.gif

tumblr_npgjl6he6n1qgio5qo1_500.gif

After seeing how big and grotesque the enemies can get , i wonder what secret bosses like Omega or Ultima will look like. I imagine their design will strike fear into the hearts of many.

Really glad to see the new attitude square Enix has formed in recent years because they seem to have taken see key criticism from ff13 to consideration.

man, if it feels anything like the pre-PS2 games i will be very happy.

but do i really have to share shit on social media..? just no, no, no. those photography sessions better be completable (is this a word?) without any stupid sharing that takes me right out of the game..

GrayChild

but do i really have to share shit on social media..? just no, no, no. those photography sessions better be completable (is this a word?) without any stupid sharing that takes me right out of the game..

I hope that's not the case. There is nothing worse than a game hiding its rewards behind gimmicky stuff like this. Just let Prompto improve his skills through standard leveling and don't make me do stuff outside the actual game to get the rewards.

ED Cantu

I'm a bit worried with what Tabata said about Luna, and I'm not talking about her relationship with Noctis but how he described her as (spoiler tag just in case)
"That heroine that you always want to meet, but can't quite reach"

That leads me to believe that we'll always be
one step behind her, sort of like how Link was with Zelda in Skyward Sword for example, and there won't be really much interaction with her throughout the game.

man, if it feels anything like the pre-PS2 games i will be very happy.

I hope that's not the case. There is nothing worse than a game hiding its rewards behind gimmicky stuff like this. Just let Prompto improve his skills through standard leveling and don't make me do stuff outside the actual game to get the rewards.

Its optional to share to spcial media you dobt have to. You can still do these events without sharing.

They are there for character growth / interactions and also offer tangible benefits to the party members and game

Still not as hyped as I was when it was versus. I'm not sure if I'll play on release or wait for a sale, but knowing myself I'll get hyped right before it drops and get it.

Dame

-Tabata: "We have no intention to create sequels out of this";

"Please let us distance ourselves further from FFXIII"

"Preeeetty please be excited TM."

Joqu

WAT really? that would be awesome but in the PS interview Tabata said they are not in.

Yeah, and I'm inclined to believe the video because that's straight from the source itself, maybe game informer were misinformed on that one. But they say they came across some across the other classic enemies they list so who knows

The surprised was ruined! Or maybe Tabata didn't wanted to spoil the GI exclusive info.

tonberries were the final boss all along

Yeah, and I'm inclined to believe the video because that's straight from the source itself, maybe game informer were misinformed on that one. But they say they came across some across the other classic enemies they list so who knows

tonberries were the final boss all along

Well an army of tonberries could be the final boss in the Duscae cave with the goblins

Mortemis

Banned
Why people would even want it like witcher 3 or whatever is beyond me. This is a JRPG

Exactly. I've never been huge into doing side quests anyways, the side content I love are mini games and monster hunting, which looks like this game is packed with!

Gimme that FFX monster arena with super bosses and this'll be fucking amazing.

Johndoey

Banned
I really hope this game manages to pull it off and be good, that'd be pretty dope. I see the mains getting grating fairly quickly depending on how things shake out.

JBwB

I didn't read the info in the spoiler tags but the rest of it is pretty damn good.

September cannot come any sooner!

Everything they are saying about this game is getting me so hyped, I just hope they deliver. This is slowly becoming my most anticipated for the year. I just hope it runs smoothly, please let it run smoothly.

Logash

This all seems well but I'm curious if they are gonna keep summons as "Oh Shit!" Buttons like the one in the first demo was. I gotta say that summoning them as much as I wanted when I was on the verge of death didn't seem cool at all. Did they talk about changing that at all in the cover story?

sora87

After the huge image dump from the last few days and now just hitting the home stretch, I'm curious how long it'll be until KH3 starts getting similar coverage and events. This time next year? This time in 2 years?

Bousf

This all seems well but I'm curious if they are gonna keep summons as "Oh Shit!" Buttons like the one in the first demo was. I gotta say that summoning them as much as I wanted when I was on the verge of death didn't seem cool at all. Did they talk about changing that at all in the cover story?
They said long ago they had implemented that in Duscae so that it was easy for people to trigger it. They said the power, triggering mechanics and ins and outs (no exp, etc) were not set in stone. This was quite a while ago so I don't know how they stand now.

Been wondering about this for a while personally. I'd be ok with them having some sort of summon charge bar like FFX did with summon overdrives provided it was a bit of a slow burn. I doubt it will be like the demo since that just seemed to be there to show it off.

This and how summons will work in caves are the two main questions for gameplay on my mind at the moment. I was thinking they can downscale some summons but others may not work, unless Titan just punches his way in or something.

Logash

They said long ago they had implemented that in Duscae so that it was easy for people to trigger it. They said the power, triggering mechanics and ins and outs (no exp, etc) were not set in stone. This was quite a while ago so I don't know how they stand now.

Curious where they landed with it because I think it's an important part of making summons feel cool again.

Been wondering about this for a while personally. I'd be ok with them having some sort of summon charge bar like FFX did with summon overdrives provided it was a bit of a slow burn. I doubt it will be like the demo since that just seemed to be there to show it off.

This and how summons will work in caves are the two main questions for gameplay on my mind at the moment. I was thinking they can downscale some summons but others may not work, unless Titan just punches his way in or something.

A "summon" gauge wouldn't be a bad idea as long as it doesn't fill up too fast. They really need to feel special in this game and I think that everything they've showed so far is pointing in that direction. How they are implemented is pretty much the last question.

Top Bottom