• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hanmik

looks fucking crazy..

33napSR.jpg

btw,,, TEAM CG#

take a look at his shoulder..

Ukfh2V6.jpg

maybe you can use this for your CG stuff..

javac

CG bandages would be beneficial to hospitals wouldn't you say? To get rid of the pain, so it no longer lingers around like a phantom.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Anyone floated the theory that Joakim's neck is computer generated? All this bandage/teeth/eye-shine/shirt-collar stuff is a misdirection. It's all real, except the neck has been redone.

Joke-post. We all know the bandages are CG.

javac

Anyone floated the theory that Joakim's neck is computer generated? All this bandage/teeth/eye-shine/shirt-collar stuff is a misdirection. It's all real, except the neck has been redone.

Joke-post. We all know the bandages are CG.

Augmented bandages, AR will never be the same again.

javac

So what if Joakim was half real and half cg? Then which side wins?

Nobody wins this war. Whatever happens, whatever the outcome, make no mistake. We all lose. We didn't choose which team to be on. That's propaganda. We were born into this.

MaLDo

The last one is that the government of a earger-to-grow country did a too large bid accompanied by threats to buy joakim's technology (to represent real people saying what they want) and Kojima will not be able to reveal at GDC that joakim was cgi. #TeamConspiracy

Hahaha, as if the debate's got to the stage where we're having a poll on it!

Can't believe this cg theory actually gained any traction.

If I'm wrong though...

Cuburt

Have you seen Joakim's eyes? They're marble white. Even away from the iris, where eyes tend to get redder or yellower, his are solid white. I'm not pointing out the difference in white balance between his and Geoff's shots but specifically the lack of a gradient in the actual colour of the eye.

Pretty much what you might suspect if someone filmed Joakim in one of those light box thingies NVIDIA was going on about recently and then stuck in some eyeballs, for instance.

So I went a-looking for mistakes and found this:

iqMC0tBqvLRGj.png

On the top left you see Joakim's eye looking away from the light, on the bottom left looking more or less at it, on the top right Geoff's looking away, on the bottom right looking at it. Someone's pupil is malfunctioning.

Goodbye TeamReal, I'm defecting!

I can't vote anyway *maniacal lol*

#TeamCG
Great find.

Unless this is debunked, I'd say TeamCG has this in the bag.

Portugeezer

Looks real to me, even though it's basically just a head, most of which only the mouth and eyes are revealed, it just looked too real to me.

Would love to be surprised though.

"Joakim" himself was a bit weird though, probably due to not really being a game developer.

Varth

So perhaps the bandages are part of the process? You cover up the face and then record the eyes and teeth. Their software puts these quickly and easily on the in game model?

Actually this is the prototype mocap rig Kojima is taking to GDC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIGeIiQbjMU

First you get covered in barb wire, then you get into the mocap armor. Then you produce awsum CG and proceed to beat #teamreal heathens to a pulp.

/oldgeezerhere

Kojima's GDC presentation ends with no mention of the Joakim/CG debate.. and GAF is about to close down their streams. Until...

???: That's right. Good. No need for you to go just yet. It's been a long time... NeoGAF.

NeoGAF: Kojima?

Kojima: Let it go... My forum. I'm not here to fight. Or should I call you TeamCG?

TeamCG: What?

Kojima: It's over. Time for you to put aside the thread... And live. It all began with a bunch of old /v/ools. Now... All their threads have passed away. Their era of folly is over. Yours is the only one left, and soon... it'll be gone, too.

TeamCG: How can Joakim be real?

Kojima: That body Geoff showed on GTTV... Wasn't CG. That was the body... Of a human. Joakim.

Kojima: He was a perfect human. /v/, and TeamCG that came after him, were convinced that Joakim was CG. I was implanted with nanomachines... Kept in a state of eternal sleep... By Konami's marketing team. They had me sealed away completely... Not only physical body, but my will, too. The technology was similar to what they used for the other viral videos you encountered. For me to wake again... The System had to be destroyed... One way or another. Geoff and TeamReal wanted two things... To bring me back to life, and to end the CG rumors. That meant destroying the crazy and killing the optimists... TeamCG and TeamFun.

Top Bottom