• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Regular Season 2017-18 |OT| KD's chip, IT's hip, LeBron's Sinking Ship

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
KD is my early pick for MVP. I think the Warriors are going to be a whole lot better than last year. KD's gonna have that "I just won a title, don't give a single fuck" swagger a la LeBron '13 and Steph Curry is going to be in Sky fucker mode from the beginning of the year. Bench is stronger, and chemistry is mile high.

W E W L A D

Can't wait to see Kyrie with actually GOOD teammates on an actually GOOD team. Shame he was stuck on the Browns for those years but now that he's in New England his potential should finally be realized!

If he buys into the Patriot way I predict big things from him.

Cornbread78

Predictions:

Easter Conference Champ: Cav
Western Conference Champ: Warrior
NBA Champ: Warriors

This is about all we'll ever agree on because your yella.

The Lakers suck, it's about time you come to your senses and realize this.

Here's hoping we get your top 5 pick this season. Thanks again for being a basement dweller Org....

bionic77

KD is my early pick for MVP. I think the Warriors are going to be a whole lot better than last year. KD's gonna have that "I just won a title, don't give a single fuck" swagger a la LeBron '13 and Steph Curry is going to be in Sky fucker mode from the beginning of the year. Bench is stronger, and chemistry is mile high.

W E W L A D
Not sure there are enough shots and points to go around for KD to get MVP.

He has to share with Klay and Steph.

I do think the Warriors are going to destroy everyone this year though. They are going to be better than they were last year and the Cavs got worse and none of the other teams are good enough to compete with them. Maybe the Celtics I guess could have some mismatches but I don't want that to happen and would rather see them implode in the most painful way possible.

Servbot24

Banned
LeBron is my pick for MVP. He's basically alone with mid-tier talent until IT comes back, I think he's going to actually try in the regular season, plus he's a generational player that I don't think voters want to see go out with a whimper.

PS

There's still room in the GAF fantasy league!

Btw are we drafting tonight?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Not sure there are enough shots and points to go around for KD to get MVP.

He has to share with Klay and Steph.

I do think the Warriors are going to destroy everyone this year though. They are going to be better than they were last year and the Cavs got worse and none of the other teams are good enough to compete with them. Maybe the Celtics I guess could have some mismatches but I don't want that to happen and would rather see them implode in the most painful way possible.
I will admit that if Steph is going off it'll be super hard for KD to win MVP, but I just have a feeling that the Warriors are going to do something so great (win streak, reg record, KD puts up a 55/45/90 season, etc.) that it's possible they give it to the best player on the team.

Agree about the Cavs. Everyone seems to think they're a lot better (depth?) but I think they're worse, particularly against the Warriors because LeBron is always going to LeBron, but Kyrie was a certified Warriors-nightmare. Him being gone changes everything, not to mention how fucking old and mangled the new team is.

the Warriors likely winning 70 games and having Steph Curry also being amazing will likely make it very difficult for KD to win an MVP. MVPs are all about narrative, so I think with Kyrie being traded the narrative is being set up for LeBron. He's in year 15, just lost his 2nd best player, Harden, KD and Westbrook are all now sharing touches with really good secondary players. If he can play like 72-75 games (and remember the schedule is friendlier this year) and put up like 27/8/8 with is usual incredible efficiency while keeping the Cavs up there with the Celts for the top spot in the East, he will have the narrative won.

the Warriors likely winning 70 games and having Steph Curry also being amazing will likely make it very difficult for KD to win an MVP. MVPs are all about narrative, so I think with Kyrie being traded the narrative is being set up for LeBron. He's in year 15, just lost his 2nd best player, Harden, KD and Westbrook are all now sharing touches with really good secondary players. If he can play like 72-75 games (and remember the schedule is friendlier this year) and put up like 27/8/8 with is usual incredible efficiency while keeping the Cavs up there with the Celts for the top spot in the East, he will have the narrative won.
Would love to see LeBron get another MVP. His championship days may be over thanks to the Warriors.

Tall4Life

But Kyrieg being on his own sets up the narrative that he needs to become his own man

he'll be the next man to average a triple double and then win finals mvp

My Greg Monroe Prediction: the Bucks, desperate to make a playoff run, will trade Monroe's expiring contract to the Lakers for Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson.

JWiLL

Banned
Raptors Boycotting Trump Hotels: http://www.complex.com/sports/2017/10/toronto-raptors-boycotting-trump-hotels

j8qhipg1_1b61tsd_1c73ah5.png

Chase17

Does Kyrie get the blame in Boston when they flame out in the playoffs?
I don't think anyone really expects them to beat Lebron.

Unless you mean if they lose to the wiz or someone else, in which case we blame Danny for not keeping supernova Kelly Olynyk.

Bread

Banned
lakers fans seem pretty upset that the celtics got some good players this offseason

it's ok guys, i hear brandon ingram can bench 135 now!

phanphare

Banned
the only way lebron will win mvp is if he wants to win mvp and if he wants to win mvp it probably means he has already ceded the championship before the season starts and I don't see that happening

lebron will do what he needs to do to be ready come playoff time because at worst the cavs will be the 2 seed in the east

Spurs are going to get at least the 2nd seed and make it back to the conference finals. Thunder are the true number 3 west team and the rockets are a bunch of regular season fools gold when the post season starts and Harden doesn't get ticky tack fouls in his favor. Gunna be a much more interesting season than last.

Cheebo

Banned
Spurs are going to get at least the 2nd seed and make it back to the conference finals. Thunder are the true number 3 west team and the rockets are a bunch of regular season fools gold when the post season starts and Harden doesn't get ticky tack fouls in his favor. Gunna be a much more interesting season than last.

Even with injured Kahwi?

bionic77

lakers fans seem pretty upset that the celtics got some good players this offseason

it's ok guys, i hear brandon ingram can bench 135 now!
The Celtics can trick a good player every 20 years or so to come to Boston.

Otherwise no one in their right mind goes to Boston unless they can't get a job anywhere else.

We ain't jealous. We just hate y'all and want to see you fail in everything you attempt. Its nothing personal.

Thats just how Big Ballers do. You surely wouldn't understand.

Only makes sense if they plan to extend him and trade. He is....not good.

if they tried (and failed) to trade him on his current contract, why would teams trade for him with more $$$/Years attached? This is puzzling. Maybe the Spurs realize they are stuck with him and are just content to go all in with what they have in Kawhi's prime?

Absolutely agree.

But Kyrieg being on his own sets up the narrative that he needs to become his own man

he'll be the next man to average a triple double and then win finals mvp

Averaging a triple double would require him to occasionally pass the ball, tho...

Bread

Banned
Aldridge's skill set is just so useless in today's NBA. He's an older Horford without the playmaking abilities and 3 point range.

Top Bottom