• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

Branduil

Finally, some anti- comrades.

One day Mikasa will actually swing her blade in time.

Come on, if she was any better she'd be a Mary Sue.

I think in the end she just wasn't cold-blooded enough to kill Reiner and Berthold without physical proof they were titans.

Dresden

In God's Beard we trust!

Not quite prepared to walk the meifumado. Still kinda enjoying the manga.

Come on, if she was any better she'd be a Mary Sue.

I think in the end she just wasn't cold-blooded enough to kill Reiner and Berthold without physical proof they were titans.

I know, but it's still amusing that this is the second time now where she was just a smidge too slow. Third time will be the charm when Armin goes Titan.

Branduil

I wonder how long Berthold can maintain that Colossal Titan form. Also, how did he get outside the wall the first time?

GG-Duo

HEY EREN SUP, OVER HERE. Did you know, I'm the Colossal Titan, and he's the Armored Titan? Wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!

Yeah, it's really WTF. It's a really weird moment - it didn't even feel like the author was playing with our expectations, it was just weird storytelling.

Branduil

And while I'm asking questions, how did Annie leave her post at the Military Police for days to chase after Eren outside the wall without anybody noticing her missing? I guess she could have been on leave or something, but still, I've been wondering about that since the reveal.

Jarmel

Banned
And while I'm asking questions, how did Annie leave her post at the Military Police for days to chase after Eren outside the wall without anybody noticing her missing? I guess she could have been on leave or something, but still, I've been wondering about that since the reveal.

It seemed like the whole event took place within a solitary day.

duckroll

Gods Beard was right!

Haha I just read ch44. This is like a WWE match. Or Baki the Grappler or something. Kinda dumb. More stalling for time. This sure is a generic shounen manga now. :p

Gods Beard was right!

hteng

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53754060]And yet I'm always treated like the old man yelling at clouds. Lemme tells ya, when you've written generic shonen as long as I have, you start to recognize it.

Naruto - check
Claymore - check
Wolf Guy - check
Attack on Titan - check[/QUOTE]

bleach too, i think i lost interest after soul society.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53754060]And yet I'm always treated like the old man yelling at clouds. Lemme tells ya, when you've written generic shonen as long as I have, you start to recognize it.

Naruto - check
Claymore - check
Wolf Guy - check
[/QUOTE]

I thought these ones were bad from the start.

ArjanN

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53779620]I was just checking ones that I made predictions about. I had the ending to wolf guy down to the author's attempts at philosophical pandering about 2 chapters in.

Man that one sucked.[/QUOTE]

At least Wolf Guy had nice art though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53779620]I was just checking ones that I made predictions about. I had the ending to wolf guy down to the author's attempts at philosophical pandering about 2 chapters in.

Man that one sucked.[/QUOTE]

The rape stuff in that one was a big turn-off for me.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The chapter 42 twist was the best thing ever. You guys are insane.

Anyone remember the flashback where the titan said YMIR before eating the scout? Was that her?

I had totally forgotten about that. I went back to read it and he also says "Great".

Interesting.

fushi

In the new chapter?
Yeah. I mean, I can tell them apart if I look for details, but at a glance it was difficult.

Having not followed the manga until now I breezed through the previous chapters in a few days, so getting only one chapter now that lacks any serious plot development makes me a little unsure about following the series further. Coming back after a year or so might be more sating.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah. I mean, I can tell them apart if I look for details, but at a glance it was difficult.

Having not followed the manga until now I breezed through the previous chapters in a few days, so getting only one chapter now that lacks any serious plot development makes me a little unsure about following the series further. Coming back after a year or so might be more sating.

I didn't have a problem, but the author's style is very "sketchy" so I could see how one might be confused due to the lack of polished details.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
And there's the name "Ymir", I mean how obvious could you get.

Might as well name a character Jotun.

Gods Beard was right!

Haha I just read ch44. This is like a WWE match. Or Baki the Grappler or something. Kinda dumb. More stalling for time. This sure is a generic shounen manga now. :p

Gods Beard was right!

how is it generic shounen? 2 Titans wrestling is generic? What isn't generic shounen? If 2 characters fight does that make it "generic"? 2 giant ass Titans having an MMA match doesn't sound generic to me.

Theory:

All titans used to be humans.
If they spend too long in titan form, they end up losing the ability to transform back into human and become dimwitted fools.

Examples of titans on the brink of no-return is that titan that in the flashback spoke of Ymir (a human-to-titan-and-back transformer). Clearly he was too long gone to remember how to transform back, but he retained some reduced form of speech (probably triggered by the human form that reminded him of Ymir, who presumably is a Titan leader).

My guess is all Titans are human, but, most people can not handle the transformation and go insane and eventually become mindless creatures. The hairy Titan is farming us, and the people outside the wall are trying to kill us to prevent it or find more who can control the Titans.

Haly

how is it generic shounen? 2 Titans wrestling is generic? What isn't generic shounen? If 2 characters fight does that make it "generic"? 2 giant ass Titans having an MMA match doesn't sound generic to me.

It stopped focusing on the characters and mystery and it's become "EVERYONE WAS TITAN" and "HEROIC SACRIFICE" every single arc and "KEIKAKU A FAILED, TIME TO SWITCH TO KEIKAKU B".

Jarmel

Banned
Forgot to mention, one thing about chapter 44 I found funny was jealous Mikasa. I wonder how she would lose her shit if he actually did kidnapped.

Ken

The human-titans needing sunlight to transforrm thing; is that true for all human-titans? If so how did Eren transform from inside the random Titan? Unless inside a titan is like...sunlight and rainbow ponies.

Haly

Maybe he jacked the titan's energy.

Titan biology man, who knows how it works.

Haly

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53843502]GTO[/QUOTE]

Every chapter is resolved by Onizuka's talk no jutsu and occasionally his fists.

Dresden

The human-titans needing sunlight to transforrm thing; is that true for all human-titans? If so how did Eren transform from inside the random Titan? Unless inside a titan is like...sunlight and rainbow ponies.

The Titans are actually DNA Harvesters powered by sunlight. A certain reserve can be maintained.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Wait what? I totally missed this...

Top Bottom