• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt looking for Witcher 3 publisher, Cyberpunk will have major marketing

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
They certainly self funded it to this point, but they probably need more money than they have to finish it.

To get The Witcher 2 done, they did have to take a small loan from Namco.

I know for sure that The Witcher 2 is profitable and they are publicly traded company (+TW3 will add more money to the pot) so they have most budget to develop CP2077 but they don't have enough for mainstream marketing. That's where a major pub comes into play.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I think we'll have Killzone 2 situation here. KZ2 came close to CGI and KZ3 outdid in some areas but still was lacking in IQ and textures departments. This gen we won't have IQ and texture problems methinks. And even if there are problems like that PC will solve it.

Nibel

- Trailer represents the level of in-game graphics that they're aiming for.

I fucking KNEW it

And this is not unrealistic by all means - if you've followed PC gaming for some time, then you might understand that the CGI trailer could be reality in 2015

Guys, PC High-Res Screenshots Thread 2015 edition will be incredible

i8UiTeEe114hV.gif

Eideka

Banned
The lead platform is PC, by 2015 there will be GPUs far more powerful than anything in consoles so this level of visual fidelity should be achievable in the PC version.

Perkel

Banned
I fucking KNEW it

And this is not unrealistic by all means - if you've followed PC gaming for some time, then you might understand that the CGI trailer could be reality in 2015

Guys, PC High-Res Screenshots Thread 2015 edition will be incredible

i8UiTeEe114hV.gif

Just not with IQ of that CGI and few effects downgraded like less advanced lightning model. Polycount also can take a hit but it will be less noticable.

2015 will be fine year.

Sentenza

Microsoft has shown the desire to buy up promising titles in the past. eg. Halo
And rumors are Microsoft has been aggressively seeking exclusives in one form or another.

Commercial success that rivals the big games and targeting NA? Sounds like a Microsoft thing.
That doesn't make it a desirable thing.

Durante

Square probably won't bother with a physical PC version though, all of their recent games outside of Europe on PC have been DD-only, even huge titles like Hitman and TR are skipping retail.
Well, that's not so bad, I also rarely bother with a physical release :p

Microsoft should fuck right off.
And so should Sony.
And Nintendo for that matter.
Pretty much.

Hindle

Banned
The Witcher 2 sold 2.2m with hardly no marketing. It's feasible Cyberpunk will be massive if it has great marketing.

Edit: it could sell Fallout style numbers anyway.

Mario007

Sony better release a console that's better than my future 2014/2015 high end PC if they're going to make it exclusive, same with MS. Don't fuck with my PC exclusives.

PS4 and Vaio exclusive? :p

I doubt any of the console manufacturers will step in to publish this one, Nintendo because they don't have the raw power, MS because CD Project Red would not want to make this a Win8 exclusive game and Sony because of Witcher 2 not being on the ps3.

injurai

Banned

I doubt any of the console manufacturers will step in to publish this one, Nintendo because they don't have the raw power, MS because CD Project Red would not want to make this a Win8 exclusive game and Sony because of Witcher 2 not being on the ps3.

you mean vita?

Mario007

you mean vita?

Oh hell yeah, Cross Buy, Cross Save, Cross Play (developed by Nihlistic) and Cross Controller for Geralt's inventory, touch based combat and streaming of sex scene to your Vita for the time you're in bed or when your parents are in the room.

n8rtot

Neo Member
If rumors are to be believed then Prey 2 issue is with Human Head extra demands that weren't in the original contract they signed with Bethesda.

it's actually a point for Bethesda since they still didn't just say "fuck it" and kill the project or moved it to another studio when it was over a year and Human Head were refusing to work on it.

You have it backwards... HH wants to work on it with the original contractual funding. It's Bethesda who're trying to use loop holes in the original contract to arbitrarily reject milestones creating a deficit for HH studio costs. It's then that the publisher saves the developer by buying their company and removing the debt. HH wants Bethesda to play fair.

JJD

That's just dumb man...

I would be disappointed if The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk are exclusive to one console and PC, but it is possible. But PC brand exclusive??? That will never happen.

The Witcher 2 didn't set the sales chart on fire on the 360, but I bet 3 would do much better in the beginning of next gen. Anyway, I hope it's not exclusive to either MS or Sony, everyone should have the chance to play those games.

I'm starting to think of this as the project that will define the start of the next gen for me, even though it'll technicaly be two years in by the time it's released.

RedSwirl

CDPR already makes some of the best trailers around. I *love* the newish one for The Witcher 2.

I think they hired someone else to do that.

The lead platform is PC, by 2015 there will be GPUs far more powerful than anything in consoles so this level of visual fidelity should be achievable in the PC version.

So basically, this game is going to be next gen's Crysis.

Top Bottom