• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

Cheech

Help me.

I can't stop buying games for my Xbox One X. There's too many deals. I'm never going to be able to play all these.

Same boat. It's embarrassing. I bought FO3 and FO:NV last week just because I found them for $15/ea. I'll put them both in once, play for 15 minutes to marvel at how much better it runs/looks, and never play them again.

Bought Destiny 2 when it was on sale, still haven't even fired it up. Played Wolfenstein 2, which is awesome BTW, for a couple hours but haven't had time to boot it up again. I also have Forza 7, which I don't even remember buying.

And that's just scratching the surface. There's others, but this is too embarrassing.

Anyone rocking the Scorpio edition? Mine is fucked so I’m returning it. Way too many issues that were driving me crazy, and I don’t feel like waiting for them to service it. Not even a guarantee that it’d work properly afterwards.

I already replaced it with a normal edition, but I’m low key sad about it lol.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Anyone rocking the Scorpio edition? Mine is fucked so I’m returning it. Way too many issues that were driving me crazy, and I don’t feel like waiting for them to service it. Not even a guarantee that it’d work properly afterwards.

I already replaced it with a normal edition, but I’m low key sad about it lol.

Which problems were you experiencing?

Which problems were you experiencing?
Lagging, slow loading in games and the UI (waited 7 min for an injustice 2 match to start once), console would take 5 min to power down, black screen when powering it on.. just to name a few. I actually posted in here about my external hdd bc I thought that was the problem. After looking online and not really coming to any solutions, I said fuck it and returned it to amazon.

The new one is working perfectly fine.

abbyabs

Need some help with this xbox windows play anywhere here is the scenario:

I have xbox one with live account & my brother has windows 10 PC with Forza 3 horizons, how do we setup it so we can play at the same time together? Also if I purchase games with my account my brother will be able to play them? or can their only be one only be one primary account?

solis74

Same boat. It's embarrassing. I bought FO3 and FO:NV last week just because I found them for $15/ea. I'll put them both in once, play for 15 minutes to marvel at how much better it runs/looks, and never play them again.

Bought Destiny 2 when it was on sale, still haven't even fired it up. Played Wolfenstein 2, which is awesome BTW, for a couple hours but haven't had time to boot it up again. I also have Forza 7, which I don't even remember buying.

And that's just scratching the surface. There's others, but this is too embarrassing.

:)

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

I have xbox one with live account & my brother has windows 10 PC with Forza 3 horizons, how do we setup it so we can play at the same time together? Also if I purchase games with my account my brother will be able to play them? or can their only be one only be one primary account?

I tried this when gears came out and I don't think there's anyway to play the same game (with a single license)on Xbox and pc at the same time.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

I haven’t tested this, but this is my theory.

The one who has the pc needs to buy the game, then get the account on Xbox and target it as home console.

That way he can play what you buy. I don’t think pc supports game share, but the Xbox does.

sainraja

Lagging, slow loading in games and the UI (waited 7 min for an injustice 2 match to start once), console would take 5 min to power down, black screen when powering it on.. just to name a few. I actually posted in here about my external hdd bc I thought that was the problem. After looking online and not really coming to any solutions, I said fuck it and returned it to amazon.

The new one is working perfectly fine.

How slow was the UI working for you? And how would you compare it to the one you have now?

Now the few hours of completely installing games before I get to play anything haha

BTW - This sucker is super quiet, as quiet as my S.

One of many things that it stands out...it's just incredible launching heavy taxing games and the system hardly breaking any sweat. Honestly,best put together console achievement in this century, nothing comes anywhere near it.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Now the few hours of completely installing games before I get to play anything haha

BTW - This sucker is super quiet, as quiet as my S.

Going to have to call you out for not having an external drive and just plugging it into the X tho ;)

Edit: To be fair, maybe you didn't set your former Xbox to download the 4k assets beforehand

rokkerkory

Going to have to call you out for not having an external drive and just plugging it into the X tho ;)

Edit: To be fair, maybe you didn't set your former Xbox to download the 4k assets beforehand

Haha I didn’t because someone offered to buy it real quick. Still I coulda been more prepped.

Sizzle55

Hey guys, I have had the X since launch and it has ran perfectly. Tonight though it has run like shit! Warframe froze multiple times at the end of missions so I deleted the save data and it died again then went ok. Then the UI lagged like crazy I could not get the store to load there was no movies section. Multiple black screens, I couldn’t use the home button it was cooked. Anyone else had this?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
One of many things that it stands out...it's just incredible launching heavy taxing games and the system hardly breaking any sweat. Honestly,best put together console achievement in this century, nothing comes anywhere near it.

Its loud Compared to the original xbox one. So its kinda of a downgrade in the console noise department for me.
However its still a good 10db quieter then my pro.

solis74

Hey guys, I have had the X since launch and it that’s ran perfectly. Tonight though it has run like shit! Warframe froze multiple times at the end of missions so I deleted the save data and it died again then went ok. Then the UI lagged like crazy I could not get the store to load there was no movies section. Multiple black screens, I couldn’t use the home button it was cooked. Anyone else had this?

Yeah i had this when i first got the Scorpion edition, then read online that i had to plug it into a mains socket and not a surge protector (UK), so tried that along with a reset and working fine since.

MrBenchmark

Its loud Compared to the original xbox one. So its kinda of a downgrade in the console noise department for me.
However its still a good 10db quieter then my pro.
It’s not as quiet as the fat Xbox one if you don’t factor in that the fan in the originals power brick needed hiding and constant cleaning and was still a noisy little shit. And it’s definitely quieter than the my Pro by a lot and all my stuff has plenty of breathing room and is kept clean

Sizzle55

Yeah i had this when i first got the Scorpion edition, then read online that i had to plug it into a mains socket and not a surge protector (UK), so tried that along with a reset and working fine since.
Ok pretty sure it is plugged in directly will check though, it hasn’t done it before yesterday

abbyabs

I tried this when gears came out and I don't think there's anyway to play the same game (with a single license)on Xbox and pc at the same time.

Thats a shame i am playing forza horizons 3 on the xbox, I managed to download it with my brothers account and play it with mine without making him home user.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
It’s not as quiet as the fat Xbox one if you don’t factor in that the fan in the originals power brick needed hiding and constant cleaning and was still a noisy little shit. And it’s definitely quieter than the my Pro by a lot and all my stuff has plenty of breathing room and is kept clean

Soon im going do a console comparison between my X and pro, the pro is definitely louder for sure, but to me the difference is negligible.
While the X is quieter you can still hear it if you listen for it
However it dont bother me because game/media sound always over powers it.
Its just a pet peeve of mine.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Hey guys, I have had the X since launch and it has ran perfectly. Tonight though it has run like shit! Warframe froze multiple times at the end of missions so I deleted the save data and it died again then went ok. Then the UI lagged like crazy I could not get the store to load there was no movies section. Multiple black screens, I couldn’t use the home button it was cooked. Anyone else had this?

Whenever something doesn't work it is an incompletely installed update that needs a hard reboot. Hold the power button for six seconds, start again and everything will work. It's one of those strange things that carried over from using Win 10 as the OS.

My dashboard is often leggy. It also freezes from time to time and store is very laggy.

So is this normal? I have a fast internet connection...

Games play flawlessly however

cameltoe

My dashboard is often leggy. It also freezes from time to time and store is very laggy.

Mine is the same from time to time.....

Another issue. My rig 800lx headphones just stop working with the x. They work on my PC and PS4 but will not longer connect to the x? Ive tried rebooting and all that shit, nothing. Plantronics support is useless.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Mine never lags, or has any issue at all. Only issue I had with mine that I can even think of, is the install UI when I first set it up had some odd graphics in a few spots for highlighting.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Mine lags from time to time. Especially in the store. It hesitates mostly when pressing the B button to go back to the store listing page.

VCALMLIKEABOMBV

Neo Member

I really believe it is a problem with UI or something with network connection. Every time I power mine on, (I don't use instant on) it takes a few seconds for the internet to fully connect. So the boxes on the right will take 20 seconds to show up on the main screen.

I a pretty sure mine is the bad internet here in Branson, MO. I have 200 down but only 10 up which is just stupid. I have to refresh my network in settings every time to get it to go from moderate to open.

I am happy with the performance of games, it is quiet and no other problems at all.

I am so impressed with the graphics on the game that do the patches well. I have a 65" Sony X900e TV.

Bobnob

Clear percistant storage then do a hard reset. It worked for me and worked for my mate.

sainraja

If you have the patience, I'd hit MS support up. I didn't have the patience lol.

haha, well, I may do that or might follow your example..

Sounds weird. Mine is super sharp and fast.

Hmm, can you record a video of how yours is? include navigating from app to app...

Consistently? Always? Hmmmmm

This is what I am interested in confirming. I feel like mine works, but it will have a slight delay switching from one tab to the next or app to app..

I have never noticed that I had to wait a long time when browsing within the ui

Lag, delay etc isn't super long for me but it is noticeable.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
There is always a delay because the data is loaded from servers, not the console. It's still snappy. It should start instantly and then load, if it's working normally.

DirtyLary

Addictions a b*tch.

Battlefront 2 is on sale for $38 on Xbox Live for the next 6 hours.

Honestly loving the arcade mode and graphics look stellar on XbX. Worth every penny inspite of the bad reviews

Top Bottom