• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

You can usually expect keys for pre-order games to be handed out on the day that they're released. Not all games are available for preload and I assume this is the case with Infinite as well. I do find it odd that they're not immediately giving us XCOM though.
They might have run out of keys for The Darkness 2 I suppose, as it is a steam-based game. If your mail and gmg account page don't contain the keys and if there isn't a clear answer or instructions as to how to activate all of this stuff, I recommend you send them a mail.

https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

I've been on a total and complete bioshock infinite media blackout for at least the last 2 years (on purpose), so all I saw was a key for something called "Bioshock Infinite: Industrial Revolution" which I took as the extended name of the game. I looked back through the email and the actual order page and it makes zero references to getting the key delivered at a later date. It makes me sound like an idiot, but how was I supposed to know what the fuck some random bioshock themed puzzle game was? I guess I just feel like it's a huge oversight.

I did submit a ticket, should be interesting to see what happens.

nbthedude

Not denying those experiences have happened to others, but just want to say that isn't always the case. I preordered Borderlands 2 and Tomb Raider on GMG and got my keys for both games a few days before their respective release dates and was able to preload. Hopefully this will be the same.

I will also vouch for them.

I have preordered the following from them over the last year:

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die
X-Com
Batman Arkham City
Bioshock Infinite
Dishonored
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Darksiders 2
Resident Evil 6

I am generally not even a pre-order type person. I preordered these because the deals they were offering each time were insane. Around $20 or more off retail prices everywhere else.

The only negative experience I had with any of these was first day problem downloading Batman: AC using the Capsule download service but that was fixed within a day. In the case of games with Steam keys, I usually had the keys several days before launch and I have found their customer service to be excellent. For example, earlier today I e-mailed them about my missing Darkness 2 and Bioshock 1 keys from my Infinite pre-order. Within one hour I was sent an e-mail with codes to download each through Steam.

nbthedude

You can usually expect keys for pre-order games to be handed out on the day that they're released. Not all games are available for preload and I assume this is the case with Infinite as well. I do find it odd that they're not immediately giving us XCOM though.
They might have run out of keys for The Darkness 2 I suppose, as it is a steam-based game. If your mail and gmg account page don't contain the keys and if there isn't a clear answer or instructions as to how to activate all of this stuff, I recommend you send them a mail.

https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

Their FAQ on their helpdesk explains the situition with the Bioshock: Infinite codes clearly. In fact, when you click "Customer Support" it is the very first thing you see in bright green bolded letters: "Invalid Bioshock Keys." When you click it you get this FAQ:

i,

Please be aware that the 16 digit key is the key for browser based game "Industrial Revolution", redeemable at www.finkmanufacturing.com

It is not a Steam key.

Bioshock Infinite Steam keys for the main game will be distributed closer to release. Please follow the steps below to redeem your Industrial Revolution key.

1: Go to www.FinkManufacturing.com

2: Click “Redeem Code"

3: Follow the instructions on-screen to register through Facebook.

4: When prompted, enter and redeem your 16-figure code. Once you click “redeem code,” you will have complete access to BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution

Don't want to use Facebook or have no Facebook account? No problem. You can redeem your key by using your email address.

1: Fill in the required fields and agree to the terms of service, then click submit.

2: A verification email will be sent to the email account you registered.

3: Open your email account and click the link provided in the verification email in order to continue the redemption process. If no email appears in your inbox within five minutes, please:

a) Check your spam folder to ensure that the email was not auto-filtered.

b) Try re-entering your email address to account for potential spelling errors.

4: Once you click the link provided, create a password for your account and click “submit.”

5: When prompted, enter and redeem your 16-figure code. Once you click “redeem code,” you will have complete access to BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
They'll start sending out keys on release day. If their past history is anything to go by the people who preordered will get them within 5-10 days of the game coming out, while people who buy it after it releases will get their keys immediately.

Yea you didn't misread that. GMG treats their pre-order customers like absolutely dogshit.
You'll have to give us your definition of 'dogshit', they do everything they can to get you the key when they receive them...

Can't believe they matched us on XCOM, love these guys.

Still trying to get a refund from GMG regarding Sim City's poor launch and AI issues.

Reply:

Hi there,

I have reviewed your ticket and unfortunately we are unable to provide a resolution in the form of a refund.

Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you will lose your right of withdrawal if you start downloading your product, or if the performance of our services has begun (such as if the product activation key has been disclosed to you).

Please note that if you purchase services from us, the performance of our services will begin immediately after you have received our purchase confirmation email.

GMG and our publishing partner EA appreciate the fact that the launch of the game was met with a myriad of issues. By way of apology, EA is offering a free EA PC digital download game to anyone who purchases and authenticates SimCity on Origin by March 25, 2013 at 11:59pm PDT.

For more information on how to obtain your free game, please visit the following link:
https://help.ea.com/article/simcity-something-extra

EA/Maxis have committed to fixing the in-game issues you've described, and you can follow the latest updates here:

http://www.simcity.com/en_GB/blog

Again, we're sorry you have had a bad experience thus far and I hope this information will go some way to rectify that.

There's no specific mention of:

you will lose your right of withdrawal if you start downloading your product, or if the performance of our services has begun (such as if the product activation key has been disclosed to you).

Please note that if you purchase services from us, the performance of our services will begin immediately after you have received our purchase confirmation email
in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.

No admission or apology in regards to their customer service number going straight to voice mail either. All round poor customer service experienced the first time I've ever had to engage with their Customer Service team.

Xanathus

Still trying to get a refund from GMG regarding Sim City's poor launch and AI issues.

Reply:

There's no specific mention of:

in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.

No admission or apology in regards to their customer service number going straight to voice mail either. All round poor customer service experienced the first time I've ever had to engage with their Customer Service team.
No shit, the company isn't going to follow the law explicitly to the letter if it is going to end up in a straight loss for them since they can't take back the key. If you really want that to happen, you're gonna have to actually report them to your consumer protection agency.

No shit, the company isn't going to follow the law explicitly to the letter if it is going to end up in a straight loss for them since they can't take back the key. If you really want that to happen, you're gonna have to actually report them to your consumer protection agency.

That's the next step if this Customer Service Manager keeps to the copy and paste replies, dodging questions and generally refuses to provide a refund. In my reply I've started the procedure for a formal complaint (which is required before I can bring Trading Standards into it).

I'm just going to hold off on GMG until the keys arrive. Seems that as soon as they get the keys in new orders get fulfilled before they go process updates on the pre-orders. At least that's why a bunch of people were getting mad last time.

It pays to wait sometimes. Given the size of the game, I'm probably going to be need the extra day or two.

Pre-ordered DmC and Tomb Raider with them.
Got keys in advance.
Probably the best site around for deals, most of the stuff I buy is from them.

Xanathus

That's the next step if this Customer Service Manager keeps to the copy and paste replies, dodging questions and generally refuses to provide a refund. In my reply I've started the procedure for a formal complaint (which is required before I can bring Trading Standards into it).
Keep us updated, I'm curious to see how this plays out. I suspect they'll immediately fold once they receive something formal from you.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just got my RE6 key which makes this the first game I've pre-ordered from GMG that got me the key on the time.

Arozay

So it's $51.96 in Aus for Bioshock Inf, $35 if I get someone from the UK...

These are all Steam keys? If so, I'm looking for a UK'er I can pay to buy the Spec Ops bundle then :D

DagsJT

Bought the BioShock bundle with Civ V ... and didn't get a Civ V key on the confirmation page. Checking the keys page and no key there either.

Yet another support ticket raised. Their prices are great at times but their service can be pretty dire at times too.

Veezy

que?
Bought the BioShock bundle with Civ V ... and didn't get a Civ V key on the confirmation page. Checking the keys page and no key there either.

Yet another support ticket raised. Their prices are great at times but their service can be pretty dire at times too.

Bioshock you get at the time of purchase.
The flash game code you get at the time.
XCOM/Civ V/Whatever comes when you get the infinite ticket is how I understood it, as reading the support page said "pre order bonus keys may not come till the release of the game."

Am I wrong?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Bioshock you get at the time of purchase.
The flash game code you get at the time.
XCOM/Civ V/Whatever comes when you get the infinite ticket is how I understood it, as reading the support page said "pre order bonus keys may not come till the release of the game."

Am I wrong?

I ordered before the Xcom offer. I went for Bioshock 1&2. Got keys for both of those immediately, along with the key for the strange industrial revolution webthing which I thought was a key for infinite but wasn't.

Haven't got my xcom key yet (will be here by the 26th it seems so I'm not worried) and no key for infinite (may or may not arrive before the game is released)

Veezy

que?
I ordered before the Xcom offer. I went for Bioshock 1&2. Got keys for both of those immediately, along with the key for the strange industrial revolution webthing which I thought was a key for infinite but wasn't.

Haven't got my xcom key yet (will be here by the 26th it seems so I'm not worried) and no key for infinite (may or may not arrive before the game is released)

Huh, I have Darkness 2 as a game I own, but no key. I'll wait till launch day, I'm in no rush. So inconsistent.

Huh, I have Darkness 2 as a game I own, but no key. I'll wait till launch day, I'm in no rush. So inconsistent.

Contact support and tell them you didn't get your key. It's apparently a common issue. I had to and I received my key in a few hours after starting a support case.

DagsJT

Yep, my mate ordered with the other Bioshock games and got those keys immediately. GMG have since replied and gave me the Civ V key which they say is on my account, but not showing in my keys for some reason.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Little upset with the bioshock day of release key, if I had known I wouldnt have bought from GMG but to their credit every other game I have bought from there pre-release has had their key delivered a few days in advance.

Megasoum

Banned
Little upset with the bioshock day of release key, if I had known I wouldnt have bought from GMG but to their credit every other game I have bought from there pre-release has had their key delivered a few days in advance.

Exactly, they always say that the key will be available on release day because they don't control when they actually receive the keys but of the 15 or so games I bought from them I don't remember ever getting the key on release day, it's always earlier.

GMG Refund update.

Tim Sawyer EVP of Operations has replied. Mentioned the same T&Cs and Distance Selling Regulations, without actually saying which part exactly they've built their returns policy around.

Provided £5 GMG credit.

Quest for the £36 continues.

GMG Refund update.

Tim Sawyer EVP of Operations has replied. Mentioned the same T&Cs and Distance Selling Regulations, without actually saying which part exactly they've built their returns policy around.

Provided £5 GMG credit.

Quest for the £36 continues.

Is this for Sim City?

Is this for Sim City?

Yup.

In fairness, Tim Sawyer's reply was a little less copy and paste compared to the reps and manager reply. I also discovered that GMG do not have any 'face-to-face' costumer service reps working during the weekend, or in the evenings... when people would need them the most.

SoulClap

YES! Got my BioShock and XCOM key.

i0HrlzSVDvelB.jpg

Lain

Finally decided to pull the trigger and grabbed the Bioshock Infinite bundle with Civ5, even though I already have every single game offered. The confirmation email contained all the keys (except for the Infinite one, obviously) and weirdly enough the XCom one was under Bioshock Infinite.

hitmon

Finally decided to pull the trigger and grabbed the Bioshock Infinite bundle with Civ5, even though I already have every single game offered. The confirmation email contained all the keys (except for the Infinite one, obviously) and weirdly enough the XCom one was under Bioshock Infinite.

Wait what? They mislabelled the keys? Is it possible to blow that key if you already have XCOM on Steam? That has me a little worried.

Top Bottom