• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 |OT| Neville May Walk Out, But Yuke's Are Still Here For You

dubq

tbh, despite my comment about WK above, I have no issues with Yukes proper, and I really don't understand why other people do. Yukes is the dev. 2K (and previously THQ) are the ones responsible for game design and quality assurance. If you want to call anyone "shitty" or "lazy" direct it at them since they're the ones who can't seem to properly direct their third party developers.

justjim89

Do they still have the shitty circle minigames for pins and submissions? Because that shit is the worst. I'd rather go back to button mashing or something.

CookTrain

Do they still have the shitty circle minigames for pins and submissions? Because that shit is the worst. I'd rather go back to button mashing or something.

I know in 2K17 you could toggle between some of the circle ones and button masher ones. Hopefully they continued that.

Hasney

Leading a stable of me, Owens and Zayn. Had a match with AJ Styles and KO came out and attacked me. Thought he either turned or it was the game forgetting again but it was neither. Everyone reacted like he actually attacked AJ.

Whoops.

tbh, despite my comment about WK above, I have no issues with Yukes proper, and I really don't understand why other people do. Yukes is the dev. 2K (and previously THQ) are the ones responsible for game design and quality assurance. If you want to call anyone "shitty" or "lazy" direct it at them since they're the ones who can't seem to properly direct their third party developers.
The games were getting worse and worse even before 2K got hold of the license. Yukes is the one constant here.

dubq

The games were getting worse and worse even before 2K got hold of the license. Yukes is the one constant here.

THQ was a shitshow and the bulk of that team was picked up by 2K as well. Those designers/community managers/QA testers are also a constant here.

mrk8885

Banned
Just played my first couple matches....and think you guys who are saying it looks bad / like a 17 year old Dreamcast game are absolutely nuts.

Gameplay is solid like it’s been for years, I enjoy the carry mechanic, and the squash match thing is funny.

This is a good year for the game.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I mean 2K is a constant too. They chose to keep letting Yukes make these terrible games because it makes them more money than having to rebuild the game with somebody else.

THQ was a shitshow and the bulk of that team was picked up by 2K as well. Those designers/community managers/QA testers are also a constant here.
THQ was also publishing the games back when they were good. What changed?

I mean 2K is a constant too. They chose to keep letting Yukes make these terrible games because it makes them more money than having to rebuild the game with somebody else.
Did you actually read what I said? I was talking about how these games were shit even before 2K got the license. What you said is irrelevant to my initial post.

DMEtE0uV4AERHDI

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Just played my first couple matches....and think you guys who are saying it looks bad / like a 17 year old Dreamcast game are absolutely nuts.

Gameplay is solid like it’s been for years, I enjoy the carry mechanic, and the squash match thing is funny.

This is a good year for the game.
I'm enjoying it as well, outside of a couple of issues that I hope can be ironed out.

CookTrain

THQ was also publishing the games back when they were good. What changed?

Same thing that happened to the real thing. No same-tier competition.

Once they folded all versions into the same game, there's no reason to try any more. I get why they did it, but moving away from platform specific games was the WCW buyout of WWE games.

Let's hope Fire Pro has a renaissance as it appears to be doing. Get that train rolling again.

Lmao, the commentary sells the advertisements hard. There's one for the anti-cigarette ads, the truth.com or something.

Its so damn out of place in a game that already has terrible commentary.

Why oh why is the commentary still sounding like F-List actors reading out their lines?

https://youtu.be/4pL9Ti1SSe4?t=40s

So there's no way to take a downloaded caw into career mode? That sucks. I wanted to dominate with cm punk.

Trying universe mode, a match on the first raw:

Braun Strowman vs Samoa Joe vs Akira Tozawa

Such realism.

CookTrain

Wait, I won MITB and then accepted a side quest to cash it in on the champ...

But in the champ

EDIT: THIS MODE IS SO BROKEN HOLY SHIT AHAHA

I WAS CONTROLLING BOTH OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME]

There is some strange beauty and complexity to it being so broken in a functional way. There's no reason at all why that glitch should result in a doppleganger match were you are actually in control of both, and yet here we are.

What a game.

So is it confirmed that you can use button mashing to get out of pins and not just subs? If so this is an instant buy. I'm trash at the bar filling pin mechanic. So bad I can't get put of a pin in the first 30 seconds. I just can't do it for some reason.

Hasney

I need to change brand as I can't do any side quests other than cashing in MITB. I'm now cashing it in on myself in a singles match for the tag belts. I'm not even the tag champ.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I hope the PC community creations is active. It was pretty great in 2k16, would be nice if there were mods for commentary because its so lifeless and shite

Wait, I won MITB and then accepted a side quest to cash it in on the champ...

But in the champ

EDIT: THIS MODE IS SO BROKEN HOLY SHIT AHAHA

I WAS CONTROLLING BOTH OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbBmp7MNvmM
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂Putting nl to shame

z4chc3na

So is it confirmed that you can use button mashing to get out of pins and not just subs? If so this is an instant buy. I'm trash at the bar filling pin mechanic. So bad I can't get put of a pin in the first 30 seconds. I just can't do it for some reason.

I saw nothing that let you change the pin

I saw nothing that let you change the pin

That's disappointing. I just can't freaking do the meter thing. I have no idea why. I don't get it. I can kick field goals in madden. 3 click swing is my preferred mechanic in golf games. But for some reason this one, I just can't do it.

Hasney

I decided to try and fix the MITB thing by dropping the title at the next PPV... My match was against Epico and hey took the gold!

Hasney

I decided to try and fix the MITB thing by dropping the title at the next PPV... My match was against Epico and hey took the gold!

This semi worked. I had the match against Epico! But...

I'm the tag team champion!

I think it's time to try leaving Smackdown. I've won every belt and the brand is now broken as fuck.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
This semi worked. I had the match against Epico! But...

I'm the tag team champion!

I think it's time to try leaving Smackdown. I've won every belt and the brand is now broken as fuck.

jesus wept, its so broken

Hasney

Finally got rid of the MITB briefcase on the 4th cash in. Beat Joe.

The weird thing is that when you do the cash in match, you warp back to the parking lot. Normally, you talk to your producer. So I left for the week.

The next week on Raw, I went over to my producer and he congratulated me like I just game through gorilla, then Steph congratulated me on winning the title and then I could just go home.

I'm going to drop the title at Fastlane because I won the Royal Rumble and I feel like I'll be playing against myself again if I go in as champ...

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT. HHH STILL IS ASKING ME TO CASH IT IN. DO NOT WIN MITB IN MYCAREER OUTSIDE OF THE MAIN STORY.

Hasney

I cannot stop laughing as Hasney's posts, I need more updates

I'm currently just getting DQ'd on all my matches to advance to Money in the Bank when my MITB contract should should expire. Either way, it'll be the last chapter know this, uh, thrilling saga.

If it's still broken, I may cash in MITB on myself at Wrestlemania when I've won the Rumble and see what happens.

Top Bottom