• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So in order to get invited to Lebron James' kid's basketball game all you have to do is make a vapid R&B tape with a renown producer?

iTTdcbu.png
Two reknown producers

DrakeBackToBackCover.jpg

first brown producer to get it poppin'

Someone on Reddit said the Safdie brothers mentioned The Weeknd is trying to collaborate with Oneohtrix Point Never because of 0PN's work on "Good Time."

What a time to be alive to get an OPN x Weeknd track.

I think someone here mentioned their worry/claim that DOOM would be spitting over already released beats.

Jason DeMarco says all the beats for the 15 tracks are wholly original and that the project "is a compilation of sorts, featuring some tracks DOOM recorded for other people’s albums. “They’re tracks that he either doesn’t have a home for, or they are part of other projects which aren’t necessarily complete, but we can sort of tease them,” says DeMarco. ” It’s sort of a peek at everything he has going on right now.”"

Dereck

That's cool I guess.

I just don't want to hear the Savior Beans verse over a new beat, or Avalanches again, or Travis 911, or Victory Lap, or Masquatch, or that DANGERDOOM track with Black Thought, etc.

Hopefully they will be new verses and hopefully they won't be as lazy as his verse on Negus.

I guess I expect a lot more out of DOOM than other rappers, what can I say.

Ross61

I get valid criticisms about Kanye recent venture and etc, but I really draw the line any time I see "If Donda was alive...". What a disgusting thing to say on multiple levels.

What up GAF-HOP. My EP "Where the Light Meets" is finally out! Enjoy. Check it out here (Our very own Tokubetsu and I produced track 5 "Money River"):

https://soundcloud.com/elijvh/sets/where-the-light-meets-ep

(Here's the cover and tracklist one more time lol) If you fuck with it, please feel free to leave a comment on any of the tracks on the soundcloud page and please hit the heart and reblog it! You guys are the best, thank you for listening.

4vHtAuIl.jpg

3iOGc2Jl.jpg

LionPride

Banned
I get valid criticisms about Kanye recent venture and etc, but I really draw the line any time I see "If Donda was alive...". What a disgusting thing to say on multiple levels.
I legit believe that she was his last connection to reality. Like keeping Yeezy in check.

New brockhampton track out. Kevin rapping his ass off
That song manages to be both stupid hard and talk about some real shit.
I legit believe that she was his last connection to reality. Like keeping Yeezy in check.
No doubt. Kanye's never been the same since his mom died. In some ways, that led to the creation of one of the most storied discographies in musical history at the huge cost of his continual suffering. His wife is one of the most polarizing figures in history, his family are the target of ire of anyone aiming at celebrity culture, he himself is hated by millions of people, and that's just ignoring the rumors about the fashion industry, Drake, Beyonce, and now Jay Z disliking him or his family. I'm sure if his mother were alive, we'd have a more stable Kanye or at least one who'd have a balancing force for his impulsive decision-making.

HiiiLife

That song manages to be both stupid hard and talk about some real shit.

Like I don't know how these dudes are doing this. How many tracks they have out now that are some heat? These kids doing it man. Might try to snatch some Flog Gnaw tickets for them soon they go live because their actual tour is sold out where I'm at.

Matt Champion and Joba killed that shit.

Tracklist for A$AP Ferg's Still Striving:

1. “Trip and a Dream” Feat. Meek Mill
2. “Rubber Band Man” Feat. Cam’ron
3. “Olympian” Feat. Dave East
4. “Aww Yeah” Feat. Lil Yachty
5. “What Did You Do” Feat. Nav
6. “Coach Cartier” Feat. Famous Dex
7. “Mad Man” Feat. Playboi Carti
8. “Plain Jane”
9. “Nasty (Who Dat)” Feat. Migos
10. “Mattress Remix” Feat. A$AP Rocky, Playboi Carti, Rich The Kid & Famous Dex
11. “One Night Savage” Feat. Madeintyo
12. “East Coast Remix” Feat. Busta Rhymes, A$AP Rocky, Dave East, French Montana, Rick Ross & Snoop Dogg
13. “Nandos”
14. “Tango”

Comes out this Friday.

Da fuck is Snoop Dogg doing in a track called "East Coast Remix"

What up GAF-HOP. My EP "Where the Light Meets" is finally out! Enjoy. Check it out here (Our very own Tokubetsu and I produced track 5 "Money River"):

(Here's the cover and tracklist one more time lol) If you fuck with it, please feel free to leave a comment on any of the tracks on the soundcloud page and please hit the heart and reblog it! You guys are the best, thank you for listening.

4vHtAuIl.jpg

3iOGc2Jl.jpg
no one listened 🙄😂

redhood56

Banned
Brockhampton keeps on blessing us. God fucking damn.
edit: action bronson, Daniel Caesar, cosy tapes 2, brockhampton all on the same day? This is next level blessings.

Eos

4vHtAuIl.jpg

3iOGc2Jl.jpg
Good work man, not really what I usually listen too but I liked what I heard. Props to you and Toku for the production on track 5.

no one listened 🙄😂
4a0c41792f12eb44c9fe0d78dd29e5ef.png

I'm listening to your project right now, and it's good. I'm liking the production a whole lot, too. I feel like your music is somewhere between mainstream pop and the works of singer-electronic producers like Kelly Lee Owens, Neon Indian, or Jenny Hval, and the tracks with production towards the electronic side are definitely the highlights on this.

All in all, congratulations on making this!

I'm listening to your project right now, and it's good. I'm liking the production a whole lot, too. I feel like your music is somewhere between mainstream pop and the works of singer-electronic producers like Kelly Lee Owens, Neon Indian, or Jenny Hval, and the tracks with production towards the electronic side are definitely the highlights on this.

All in all, congratulations on making this!

Wow, comparing me to Neon Indian is quite the compliment because Alan Palomo an incredible musician who's made so much amazing bodies of work (through Vega too) so thank you for that. That actually made my night. Kelly Lee Owens and Jenny Hval... i'm not too familiar with them but i'll check them out. Thank you for listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom