• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I hope they do a half in the bag about Dunkirk.
I actually liked it, i think its Nolan's best work so far.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Better than a movie where David Bowie plays Nikola Tesla. I doubt it.

Good point!

I liked Dunkirk in the sense that i understood the kind of movie and experience the director wanted to achieve, and he did it almost perfectly.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Working my way through all the BotW for the first time and it has been great. Just finished Rich going on about Double Down, which is amazing.

yuoke

Banned
Its hard to take anabelle serious at all when the doll is intentionally made to look super scary and creepy, when the actual raggedy anne is actually creepier.

Fersis

Oh, you hack frauds. This is the Dunkirk review I was waiting for? Supremely trolled.

At this point... im not sure we're getting a full HitB Dukirk episode.
Maybe an Emoji Movie one? lol

Fury451

Banned
Those first three reviews at the beginning perfectly echoed my thoughts, best Half in the Bag yet.

Though Atomic Blonde was actually really good because I didn't expect anything.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Man, Jay's story about his Twitter exchange with Sandberg kind of made me feel bad for the dude...but after hearing about how he promoted that competition...yikes.

vKF2CX2.png

Blobbers

A bit annoyed by the episode. If they're just gonna rehash the same talking points as all their other b-tier horror reviews (no name actors, big mansion, scenes where nothing happens, predictable jumpscares, characters not doing the logical thing...) then why not also review Dunkirk? You know, maybe in place of the Warner Bros TOS segment. The TOS thing could've been its own video

jett

D-Member
I've no doubt it was Mike's idea to review this tripe. Video was only vaguely interesting when they weren't talking about the actual movie.

Geeky

A bit annoyed by the episode. If they're just gonna rehash the same talking points as all their other b-tier horror reviews (no name actors, big mansion, scenes where nothing happens, predictable jumpscares, characters not doing the logical thing...) then why not also review Dunkirk? You know, maybe in place of the Warner Bros TOS segment. The TOS thing could've been its own video

The contest TOS segment was great. The director even commented on it in the subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RedLetterM...lf_in_the_bag_130_annabelle_creation/dlpuw3a/

jman2050

Things like the sponsor having exclusive rights to using your idea and ownership of the entries themselves are pretty standard legal stuff for contests of this nature but outright revoking ALL rights to your idea and allowing the sponsors to do whatever they want with it (including make a movie of it) without legally having to offer more than a pittance doesn't sound typical to me.

I could be wrong though.

yuoke

Banned
Damn, that is a really scummy '"contest".

As far as the movie....I just have no interest in any of these ghost ones anymore. They all seem exactly the same. The conjuring was just fine.....but nothing super innovative or memorable.

Cheerilee

didn't stuckmann get all dramatic when he thought rlm was making fun of him before? i wonder how he feels about that joke.

I don't think he was being particularly dramatic. He's always been an RLM fanboy, and he had no idea what RLM thought about him, if they thought anything. Then they randomly included him in one of their jokes, and his first response was that he understood the joke and that it was no big deal, he thought it was funny... but then it got under his skin and started to eat away at him, because he didn't know if RLM actually liked him or hated him. While he was feeling down, he disconnected his reference link to RLM.

Fans noticed the small change and blew it out of proportion, declaring a new internet feud, requiring explanations from Stuckmann and RLM (via Rich in a Pre Rec stream). And it's all good. Stuckmann's first reaction was the correct one. It was just a joke, and RLM likes Stuckmann.

This time there shouldn't be any drama, because the joke is clear. Mike is needling Stuckmann, giving him a friendly ribbing based on their previous misunderstanding, because Mike saw that Stuckmann was among those first 16 reviewers.

Hopefully Stuckmann chimes in on what kind of cake they were serving. Jay definitely wants to know.

Fake edit: The director explained the Stuckmann thing on Reddit. The studio was doing an exclusive showing of the movie. Stuckmann was in the area and heard about the showing. Stuckmann tweeted the director and asked "Can you get me in?" The director responded "Sure, why not?" and let him into the exclusive showing.

Top Bottom