• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 08/13/09 IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

jvm

Gamasutra.
Got $10 and enjoy Tower Defense games? Savage Moon is great.

I just finished off level 12 of the main campaign. I'm probably going to try to ace the last three levels -- already done the first nine -- and work on vengeance mode to get the main game's trophies finished off. After that, Waldgeist expansion.

I know I'm a broken record on this game, but really it's a terribly engrossing game that you almost never hear mentioned.

And this will be my last store-thread post about it. Honest. :D

netguy503

jvm said:
Got $10 and enjoy Tower Defense games? Savage Moon is great.

I just finished off level 12 of the main campaign. I'm probably going to try to ace the last three levels -- already done the first nine -- and work on vengeance mode to get the main game's trophies finished off. After that, Waldgeist expansion.

I know I'm a broken record on this game, but really it's a terribly engrossing game that you almost never hear mentioned.

And this will be my last store-thread post about it. Honest. :D

Have they fixed the Savage Moon expansion bug yet?

jvm

Gamasutra.
netguy503 said:
Have they fixed the Savage Moon expansion bug yet?
The installation bug? Not to my knowledge, but you only have to deal with it once (and I dealt with it last week).

They do have notes up on the Fluffylogic site about it:
http://www.fluffylogic.net/waldgeist-issues-questions-answers

First off we'd like to say a big 'sorry' for the problems that some players have encountered. There is an issue that can arrive depending on whether or not you have the game, trial and patch installed and the order in which this happened.

Here at FluffyLogic we all got up early this morning and are busy looking at the issue and working on a permanent fix! We will let you know as soon as we/Sony find one.

I guess it isn't fixed. Definitely not a smooth re-launch. :p

Tntnnbltn

ice cream said:
When will we get MGS1 on the EU store?!
When Konami decide the submit MGS1 to SCEE for release.

netguy503 said:
When we get Silent Hill. It's a fair trade off I think. :)
I don't see how that would be fair unless MGS1 was removed from the US Store 24 hours after release.

kassatsu

Banned
hk.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

ADD-ONS

► Dynasty Warriors 6 Emipres ( Chinese Ver. )
○ Shinobi Armor Set (men)
○ Mystic Armor Set (men)
○ Arabian Armor Set (women)
○ Wa Armor Set (women)

► Dynasty Warriors Multi-Raid ( PSP | Chinese Ver. )
○ Add-on Content Ver. 16

► Dynasty Warriors Multi-Raid ( PSP | Japanese Ver. )
○ Add-on Content Ver. 24

► LittleBigPlanet ( English | Chinese | Korean Ver. )
○ inFamous Cole Costume (HK$ 15.00)

► Naruto Narutimate Storm ( Japanese Ver. )
○ Storm Pack 8

► Tiger Wood PGA Tour 10 ( English Ver. )
○ Cog Hill Golf & CC (HK$ 60.00)

VIDEOS

► HiTV Summer Program Blooming Summer
○ Ep. 6 - Miyoko Promotional Video

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► King of Fighters XII
○ Theme 3 (HK$ 12.00)

► Tenchu 3 Portable
○ PSP Themes (x3)

Fox1304

DMeisterJ said:
Is Dhalsim's dick out in that picture?

I'm sure it's not, but zooming in on the pic definitely makes it look like it is.

Can't ... unsee ...

Definitely getting MVC2, can't wait to kick some asses !

Awesome wrestlers placement :lol

I am salivating for WipEout XL. And they'd better fucking release WipEout 3 after that, too. I scratched both of those original PS1 discs and I'm fucking pissed I can't play them right now.

Cruzader said:
sucks they put that nasty yellow thing on top of box:

marvel.jpg

speaking of the seldom PSN-retailgames (ok, MvsC2 has no disk), I was not aware, that there is a disk release for Brain Challenge (out of all possible games).
5199ICEyG6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

it is £20 MSRP :lol (though, is that the first download cheaper then the retail? D: ^^)

Tntnnbltn

Source: EU PS Blog
PlayStation Store – Frequently Asked Questions

Hi everyone,

My name is Angela Madronero and I’m the European PlayStation Store Manager. For a while now, we’ve seen a number of recurring questions about the PlayStation Store appearing on the blog. Many of the questions can’t be covered in the weekly PlayStation Store update; therefore, I wanted to take this opportunity to respond to some of the most frequently asked questions.

How has the European PlayStation Store grown since its launch? Are there any plans to increase the reach of the store further?

The first thing to say is that the “European” PlayStation Store is also available in non-European countries. Basically, the countries that make up the SCEE region (which historically operated the PAL TV system) all come under the banner of Europe. For the purposes of this blog I’ll continue to call it the European Store, which operates alongside our sister stores in servicing American, Japanese and Asian markets.

We have 29 stores across 25 countries, which require the use of 13 currencies and 8 languages. As you can imagine, it takes a significant amount of coordination and operational support to maintain our existing stores; however, our current list of countries is by no means final. We are definitely interested in further geographic expansion of the PlayStation Store.

The PlayStation Store is a commercial enterprise; therefore, we need to prioritise the roll-out of additional stores by reviewing a country’s PLAYSTATION 3 installed base, broadband penetration and e-commerce environment. These reviews are completed on a case-by-case basis. Ultimately, the roll-out of additional countries needs to make commercial sense.

What improvements have been made to the PlayStation Store since launch?

Those people who have been using PS Store since 2007 will have seen many changes in such a relatively short space of time. The changes are usually made in response to user comments, or to improve operational efficiency.

From a user point of view, over the course of two years we’ve:

* Re-launched the PS3 store with a significantly improved layout and design using a native PS3 technology rather than the original browser-based store. This dramatically improved the speed performance and provided a richer graphical experience. We were also able to configure the same store design to both High-definition and Standard-definition TV.
* Implemented an ‘A-Z’ search section throughout all stores.
* Rolled-out a ‘Preview Button’ for sneak peeks at content.
* Launched the PSP Store and made PSP content available via the PC (Media Go).

Our most recent updates include:

* Design refresh
* Search functionality within English language stores; roll-out across non-English language stores to follow
* Additional rotating advertising slots in order to highlight new content

Why is the navigation different across different regions?

There are times when different regions choose slightly different navigation flows or ways to reach content. Basically this choice is a reflection of the type and quantity of content on offer, as well as the differing operational requirements of each store.

Clearly with so many stores in so many different languages, there are some unique operational and consumer facing requirements for the European Store, but our basic approach is to provide navigation that allows users access to content in the quickest time and with the least number of clicks.

In order to ensure the best user experience, we conduct surveys and user tests to analyse the ways in which consumers access content. These tests are completed in many countries in order to make sure that all requirements are captured and considered before the final decisions are made.

We have been asked whether it would be possible to have a demo category that allows for direct entry to demos from the Store Top (home page). Research to date has shown that the download figures for demos in the US Store and the European Store are very similar, so it seems that most visitors to the European Store are able find demos easily in whichever store they visit. For this reason we are not planning to change the placement of demos in the store; instead we are concentrating our efforts on changing the navigation flow in some other ways.

Why is there different content on the European Store from the US and Japanese stores?

This question often gets asked. In fact, all Stores have different content depending on their local markets. We are committed to working very hard to ensure that our first-party content (the games created by our own Sony Computer Entertainment development teams) is published across all the PlayStation-Stores, simultaneously. We know how important this is to you, and I hope that you’ve seen an improvement in synchronised, worldwide releases over the past six months.

Why is there a difference in third party content?

The decision about whether and when to release a game for sale is in the hands of the individual publisher (companies like Capcom, EA, Konami, Ubisoft, etc.).

In the same way that the publisher decides when to launch the disc version of a game, they also decide if and when PlayStation Network content is made available.

There are many reasons why our third party partners may not be able to launch content in one region on a particular time/date; this may be due to technical glitches, digital rights issues, localisation requirements etc. So the issues are a little more complex than may first appear.

We know that there is a lot of frustration when content is released on one store but not another. I can confirm that from a PlayStation Store point of view, we are committed to supporting our third party partners in bringing as much content as possible to the European Store.

In addition to accepting credit cards, the US allows you to use pre-paid cards within the PlayStation-Store. Will we be getting a pre-paid cards system and, if so, when?

This is something we’re definitely looking into for European Store users. I can’t give you any further information at the moment but I can assure everyone that we will be bringing you more news in the not too distant future, so please hang in there!

When will Europe get a video and music download service?

We recently launched VidZone – a great EU first, free of charge music video streaming service. We have received very positive feedback and are thrilled with its successful launch, with over 1 million downloads in less than 8 weeks.

At Games Convention in August last year, we announced that we had a long-term plan to launch a video on demand service for some countries in the SCEE region. This is still our plan, and as soon as we have all the details locked down, one of my colleagues who is working on the programme will give you an update on when and what will be available.

I hope that answers some of your immediate questions. Keep the comments and feedback coming, and I look forward to updating you as and when I have more information to share.

Tiduz said:
Translation: The 1 october psn cards rumor is not true

?

"This is something we’re definitely looking into for European Store users"

"assure everyone that we will be bringing you more news in the not too distant future"

I would be really surprised if they release the PSPgo in Europe w/o cards, at least not for long (= before Christmas). As PSN uses a unified account/shop, you could use them on the PS3 store, too of course.
Though: CC > PSN cards, you can't shop online with PSN tickets for some awesome PS3 retailprices or imports

Tiduz

Eurogaime
SolidusDave said:
?

"This is something we’re definitely looking into for European Store users"

"assure everyone that we will be bringing you more news in the not too distant future"

I would be really surprised if they release the PSPgo in Europe w/o cards, at least not for long (= before Christmas). As PSN uses a unified account/shop, you could use them on the PS3 store, too of course.
Though: CC > PSN cards, you can't shop online with PSN tickets for some awesome PS3 retailprices or imports

Well they launched the PS3 without cards too, i for one wouldnt be surprised if we dont get the cards this year.

I hope im wrong, verry verry badly.

Lionheart

gibration said:
Is PSN down for anyone else?
I got signed out and I cant sign back in.
Same problem here! Got signed out, was able to sign back in two minutes ago and now signed out again! Signing in takes a long long time now...

Tntnnbltn

netguy503 said:
So we'll get a preview of how the store might look for the US this week tomorrow from Europe, right?:lol :lol :lol
Thursday morning Europe-time. The Wednesday early list proved to be too difficult and susceptible to last minute changes.

It's about time. That demo has probably been the most played game on my PS3 since it came out (minus Persona 4) :lol

Kind of a bummer though, as I have to work pretty much when it'll be done DLing. Unless the full game is just the demo with an unlock key.

Lionheart said:
Same problem here! Got signed out, was able to sign back in two minutes ago and now signed out again! Signing in takes a long long time now...

Obvious answer is maintenance before GamesCon. Other would be Monkey sat on the reset button.

bj00rn_

Banned
Yeah, I just can't sign in either. I'm trying to log in to buy Wipeout Fury but of course the store just HAD to be down right now..

If they are doing maintenance, why not a heads via an email or something...?

Top Bottom