• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Ghosts PS4 is 1080p in mp and 720p in sp

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was an actual person at IW who tweeted it then I would be surprised but an official twitter account? God knows who's actually running it and what they know.

MormaPope

Banned
Not a good day for PS4.

Ghosts sucks on a technical level on every platform. Direct feed shots of the PS3 version look like dog vomit, high end PC's struggle when the game isn't breaking itself. Xbone and PS4 versions have frame rate drops/dips, nothing demanding when it comes to effects or textures.

jesus people. we do not yet know why we're seeing what we're seeing in the review footage. IW are sticking to the game being 1080p native.

Quaz is analyzing footage people are putting up from, I believe, the review event. He hasn't seen the final games himself yet. He has mentioned this.

Amused

IW confirming it is native 1080p, and like i said in the other thread, we are stuck with this:

Scenario one: Reviewers have played both games at 720p because Activision made a mistake.

Scenario two: Reviewers have played PS4 in 1080p, but have for some reason decided to show off video/screens of the PS4 version in 720p.

Scenario 1 is embarrassing for everyone involved. Scenario 2 is disingenuous beyond belief - even if that is the only material they are sitting on.

Looking forward to seeing whats going on here...

I prefer to wait for confirmation on things like this so I'll reserve judgment, as we all should do.

But... if it is 1080p native, then why does it look like that? It looks 720p.

cebri.one

native1080.jpg

Somebody should modify the title of the thread.

Curufinwe

jesus people. we do not yet know why we're seeing what we're seeing in the review footage. IW are sticking to the game being 1080p native.

Quaz is analyzing footage people are putting up from, I believe, the review event. He hasn't seen the final games himself yet. He has mentioned this.

As I said in the other thread, I'm waiting to hear from DF on this before getting too excited.

Gbraga

If it is indeed because the PS4 was set for 720p, does that confirm that the game renders in 720p instead of downsampling from 1080?

If so, is there a chance we can get better performance in games setting our PS4s to 720p?

I really hope so.

eso76

I prefer to wait for confirmation on things like this so I'll reserve judgment, as we all should do.

But... if it is 1080p native, then why does it look like that? It looks 720p.

Game is rendered natively in 1080p, but then framebuffer gets shrunk to 720p and gets upscaled again to 1080p.

Or not.

Polygon are the real winners out of all this.

not if it's true that the MP consoles were set up at 1080p.

I mean, if Quaz is completely on the money (and I don't know that he is) the PS4 single player has better framerate, not worse, and Polygon said the PS4 version had worse framerate.

I mean, that's one hypothetical situation anyways. It really sounds like Activision fucked up the review event chronically, and not one game journalist even noticed.

Which, if indeed that's true, is going to be tragic.

ItIsOkBro

Methinks Microsoft pressured IW for platform parity and Mr. Mark Rubin wasn‘t informed.

And IW, incompetent as they are, forgot to parityorize the multiplayer.

belvedere

Junior Butler
This guy on the internet we trust to make these claims is using a video for the source, not a copy of the game direct feed, correct?

coldfoot

Banned
Quaz51 is the CBOAT of pixel counting, true, but he's only counting from video sources captured under who knows what conditions. Unless he's counted it from PS4/Xbone running the games on site, I wouldn't trust the numbers just yet.

Quoting me from the other thread.

This game is just a big puddle of embarrassment for everyone involved, including the people trying to fool people into thinking one version of this game look better, a turd like this no matter the resolution and the pixels it carries with it, it will always give off the same putrid odor of what truly is. Jesus what a clusterfuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom