• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell releasing new Doritos Locos Taco flavor on August 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
UPDATE: Looks like the new flavor is indeed Flamas, but they're renaming it the Fiery Doritos Locos Taco:

Taco Bell revealed today that Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos will be their third flavor of the Doritos Locos platform and will be available at Taco Bell locations nationwide starting Thursday, August 22, 2013.

It is essentially the Flamas Doritos Locos Taco previously tested, but with a different but similar name.

Taco Bell had previously teased previews of the new taco to generate buzz before launch, but many expected Doritos Flamas to be the next flavor.

The flavor is based on Frito-Lay's regional Doritos Flamas tortilla chips, which feature a spicy chili flavor with a hint of lime. Like many of Frito-Lay's spicy chips, the shell will be red to help express its spiciness.

Similar to the Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco launch, Taco Bell will be offering opportunities via social media for fans to try the new DLT flavor prior to launch.

The suggested retail price for the Fiery Doritos Locos Taco falls in line with the rest of the DLT line at $1.39 for the regular version and $1.69 for the supreme version, which tacks on sour cream, and tomatoes.

iOGto7K.jpg

Original post:

Taco Bell Teases New Doritos Locos Taco Flavor:

Taco Bell is coming out with a third variety of their Doritos Loco Taco (following Nacho Cheese and Cool Ranch) on Thursday, August 22 and are being rather coy on what the flavor will be (or at least be named) by teasing the release date with tweet including a link to this short Vine video.

The safe bet is that the new taco will be the Doritos Flamas-flavored taco tested earlier. However, a Taco Bell rep stated that "this #_DLT, contrary to speculation, may not what be what you’re expecting" and to "expect the unexpected." But, it's possible they may just be calling it by a different name.

They also tested a Fiery Chicken Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco previously this year as well, so that's also a possibility. That's not really a new flavor though and more of a variation on a current one.

Fortunately, I should have the opportunity to try out the new Doritos Loco Tacos sometime next week, so I'll let you guys know what I find.

The Doritos Locos Taco platform has been hugely successful for Taco Bell, with sales of the first two varieties already approaching 570 million tacos, so you can expect more new flavors in the future.

tOaCp5f.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
This is the only thing that Taco Bell is able to blackmail me with.. Those nacho cheese shells soo good.

I'm in there at least once a month begging for them like a crackhead.

there's a test location near me, and i had the flamas tacos last year. they really didn't taste like anything different.

I was surprised that the Cool Ranch version was a lot better and more authentic than the Nacho Cheese, which barely tastes like it's chip counterpart.

Marjorine

These things are insanely popular. I worked in TB corporate for a while, and same store sales increased like 35% when they launched and never really went down. For comparison, other popular items (like the flaming hot frito burrito) would move the needle by MAYBE 10% and that would only last a couple of weeks.

These things are insanely popular. I worked in TB corporate for a while, and same store sales increased like 35% when they launched and never really went down. For comparison, other popular items (like the flaming hot frito burrito) would move the needle by MAYBE 10% and that would only last a couple of weeks.

The DLTs are not your average taco, no sirree. The DLTs, my God the DLTs, are glorious, angelic unicorns sent to us from the clouds above in Taco Bell Heaven. Us, wee little mortals, are not dserving, no certainly not, for The DLTs are fit for kings, gods, and deities far mor worthy. Even nw, my lips tremlbe at the meer thought of anothr delicious mment with The DLCs. Glry be to the Promthsus-like man whc brot to us the DLTs. Al pras b to them. Trly awsm... amzn.

The DLTs are not your average taco, no sirree. The DLTs, my God the DLTs, are glorious, angelic unicorns sent to us from the clouds above in Taco Bell Heaven. Us, wee little mortals, are not dserving, no certainly not, for The DLTs are fit for kings, gods, and deities far mor worthy. Even nw, my lips tremlbe at the meer thought of anothr delicious mment with The DLCs. Glry be to the Promthsus-like man whc brot to us the DLTs. Al pras b to them. Trly awsm... amzn.
They're alright .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom