• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why the Sega Saturn version of Five Nights at Freddy's is superior

Did anyone have Uncharted on the NGage? I know the PS4 remakes are considered vastly superior, but there's something charming about playing as Nathan Drake on that little taco phone.

Heroman

Banned
j8k3dMM.gif

Im glad that John Romero guy released Doom a couple of years ago, but tbh Im tired of him making constant sequels and playing with his fans. At least the last Doom was cancelled so that means his next project would probably have more thought put into it.

That was actually something I really enjoyed about FNAF, was that its tech and art really could have been time traveled from some mid-90's PC game. Kind of amazing that nobody thought to make its concept till semi-recently.

I know it wasn't trying to be a retro-game, that sincerity is partly why it works so well as such. It does look like some artifact of gaming's past.

Anyways the Sega CD/32X version was pretty naff. Cant believe they even got it to run.

Rayman 2 was such an annoying game compared to the first one, all cages were quite a challenge, but by the time I found the last mechating I was exasperated.

The PS1's demo of 3d take on the series was interesting, but Saturn got a way better implementation of layer swaps. I wonder why didn't it work on PS1.

Those sources you listed in The links to prove the existence of this in the OP are missing.

I don't condone this fan-fiction shit-posting.

Forget this garbage thread and let's talk about the good quality content that is Buck Bumble 4 for the PS4.

Tired of listening to the same retro talk every time.

Terrell

We've now crossed the threshold of simply being revisionists, NeoGAF has now apparently become a space for full-on game industry historical fan fiction.

I'm honestly kind of glad that the N64 port got canned - the audio quality was sounding terrible in comparison due to the limited storage space.

Glad that they used the extra RAM cart though in the Saturn. Wasn't that how you got the 7th night?

Edit: Yeah, looks like it. I thought I remembered that right, haha

Top Bottom